Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Elite Hauntlet [The concept of Raids]

Name:  1435002790386.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  91.3 KB

A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a number of people attempt to defeat a boss monster or consecutive series of bosses.

The idea behind the "Elite Hauntlet" consist in bringing famous mmorpg pc games concept of "raids" to Arcane Legends. The goal of the elite hauntlet is to make players challenge themselves by looking for the ultimate team that can reach the highest boss possible while they profit from doing so thanks to the extremely good loots they will find during the process.

ELITE HAUNTLET
    My idea is simple, i would like STS to introduce a elite map that recompensates every endgame player depending on the effort they put. The difference between this new elite zone and the current ones is that: It's difficulty scales from X to the highest the best farmers will set. So the Elite Hauntlet can exceed the level 46 elite maps in terms of difficulty.

MECHANICS
    Each instance will start just like a normal hauntlet run with Everyone waiting outside of the red wall. Everytime the boss is killed and the instance is completed everyone in the party gains 1 hauntlet token and the closed door at the end of the hauntlet will open granting access to the next instance, increased in difficulty by 1 level.

DEATHS
    Each death will cost 1 ankh in order to continue playing, in case a dead player choses to respawn for free he would be teleported to the beginning of the Elite hauntlet and confined there. In order to be released his team has to complete the instance.
    If the whole party dies and respawns for free they will be confined at the beginning of the instance and then sent back to the towns they joined the Hauntlet from.

ANKHS RESTRICTION(Survivability over Speed and Damage)
    In order to prevent the elite Hauntlet from turning into a Ankh feast and be able to create runs where:
    a) Mixed parties are greatly rewarded
    b) Unwanted high armor gear are needed
    c) Best team build and strategy is rewarded and not best ankh trigger finger and deepest pockets.

Each member of a team Ankhs counter will be turned to "10" at the beginning of only the first instance (LV44)
    At the beginning of the successive instances each member will receive additional ankhs.
    When the raid ends and every runner is taken to the town they joined from their ankhs counter will be restored to it's initial value.
    Hopefully this will create a situation where everyone would be careful not to die and tanks and sorcerers will once again play a primary role in elite farming.

PARTY
    As they journey through the hauntlet the party would be given special bonus for each room they successfully complete. These bonuses are only granted if the party meets certain conditions:

LV 44
    1st red wall: +20armor +50 HP (A WAR must be in the party)
    2nd red wall: +20 damage (A MAGE must be in the party)
    3rd red wall: +2% crit (a ROGUE must be in the party)
    LV47
    1st red wall: +80armor +200HP
    2nd red wall: +35damage
    3rd red wall: +8% crit

These bonuses will be insignifcant at lower levels but extremely useful when the team exceeds the difficulty of normal elites for: survivability and the time it will take for them to clear an instance. Also it will help promote cooperation between the 3 types of classes in AL.

LEADERBOARD
    A teams position on the Elite hauntlet LB is primarily based on the highest level reached and secondarily on the amount of time it took them.

REWARDS
    The guaranteed reward granted for completing each instance depends on the level of difficulty of the instance. The gold payout for killing each boss will cover the cost of the pots used to complete an instance while leaving a little extra for the teams effort.

LV 44: HAUNTLET COIN + 5K GOLD
    LV 45: HC + 10K G + ANKH
    LV 46: HC + 15K G + 3 A + 100HEALTH & MANA POTIONS+ ARCANE FRAGMENT
    LV 47: HC + 20K G + 4 A + AF + 200H & M POTIONS
    LV 48: HC + 25K G + 5 A + AF + 300H & M POTIONS
    LV 49: HC + 30K G + 6 A + AF + 400H & M POTIONS
    LV 50: HC + 35K G + 7 A + AF + 500H & M POTIONS
    LV 51: HC + 40K G + 8 A + AF + 600H & M POTIONS
    LV 52: HC + 45K G + 9 A + AF + 700H & M POTIONS

LOOT TABLE

The core idea of the elite hauntlet is to grant everyone with the drops worthy of their efforts. So the loot table of each boss depends on the Level of difficulty of the instance.

Each level of difficulty grants a chance at a group of selected items plus items of the instances already completed :

LV 44: 5 ANKHS; (EXP,SPEED,DAMAGE REDUC, DAMAGE) KIT; JEWELS ; ELITE SILVER & GOLDEN WARCHEST.
    LV 45: RESPEC SCROLL; ELITE SILVER & GOLDEN DRAGONSCALE CHESTS
    LV 46: EXCELSIOR VANITY BODY
    LV 47: EXCELSIOR VANITY HELM
    LV 48: ARCANE CHROMOSOME
    LV 49:
    LV 50:
    LV 51:
    LV 52:

ARCANE FRAGMENTS & ARCANE CHROMOSOME
    The arcane fragments are a guaranteed reward for killing instance boss from LV46 upwards. They would be used to purchase from an arcane vendor a particular item(arcane Chromosome) needed to craft a NEW arcane rarity pet. The cost of a arcane Chromosome is 1,000 arcane fragments.

Starting from Lv 48 the arcane chromosome can be a direct lucky drop from a boss. This combines the idea of always working towards a fixed goal with the normal concept of farming for a particular item as we know already.

TITLES
    It is important the efforts of the best of the best are recognized right away by all arlorians as soon as they are sighted so each member of a team would be granted titles for reaching certain levels of difficulty

LV 47: "Raider"
    LV 50: "Excelsior"
    LV 51: "Dungeon Master"

Thoughts, critics and corrections are all welcome, ty for reading mooooooooooo :O

Soph♡

2. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Amazing. You have this well thought out. I second the idea, I'd love an in game challenge (heads up sts, future dev here.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Generally good idea, i support the idea of a kind of "play until you die hauntlet"
    But i reeeeally don't agree with the level system and the loot.

Oh, and this could be the mythical lower hauntlet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Very nice idea!

+1 for this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Perhaps it should be the fabled Lower Hauntlet? :>
    All in all, great idea, I'd love to see STS implement something to farm with things that are actually worth running for...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Generally good idea, i support the idea of a kind of "play until you die hauntlet"
    But i reeeeally don't agree with the level system and the loot.

Oh, and this could be the mythical lower hauntlet
    To be honest lol i don't know how to handle the level and loot part, thats just a random result highly subjectable to change. What is certain though is that the loot has to be worth striving for cause the raid will be longer and tougher than normal elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Problem is would this only cater to those people with the best gear who can reach those higher levels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    To be honest lol i don't know how to handle the level and loot part, thats just a random result highly subjectable to change. What is certain though is that the loot has to be worth striving for cause the raid will be longer and tougher than normal elites.
    Maybe instead of the "levels", have the hauntlet just continue with the bosses/mobs increasing in difficulty but with better loot respectively?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

This sounds like so much fun! Great idea!!!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Problem is would this only cater to those people with the best gear who can reach those higher levels?
    Yes XD it's because Raids are the hardest part of a game they offer the best gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Maybe instead of the "levels", have the hauntlet just continue with the bosses/mobs increasing in difficulty but with better loot respectively?
    Waves? I think its a great idea too XD

PS: Levels and the concept of going through the doors were taught as cool down periods for the team between a room and another and were based on how the hauntlet map currently is but it can change of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

i want it!
    or any wave-based party challenge at all.
    there should be probably some limit on ankhs or they should be disabled at all, so it s about the best mixed party teamwork.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

if someone use free respawm he can join again but after that lvl/wave is completed would be coller

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiasaria For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    i want it!
    or any wave-based party challenge at all.
    there should be probably some limit on ankhs or they should be disabled at all, so it s about the best mixed party teamwork.
    I like that, putting a cap on ankhs or other restrictions (like potion restrictions that was mentioned in another thread?) might make it a REAL challenge, ane make mixed parties desirable.
    Could be really interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I love the Idea! Sometimes the players forget that this game is a MMOPRG and PvE is a vita point in this game ( Talking about everyone just care about PvP ), this would bring the fun that AL really need, can be some restrictions as "PhoenixPrime" said:

- Potions restriction.

- Anks Restriction

Also would be a really great idea for upgrade our "Skills" at battle!, Just saying n.n

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I'm not sure I understand the reward system, but it seems like one of those "arcane players get arcane rewards" things. We need to figure out a way to close the wealth gap, not increase it.

This may need some tweaking to provide proper rewards to those willing to earn it, to prevent exploitation and avoid making the overly rich even richer. However, anything that provides a challenge is a good idea in my book.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I would like things more along the line of people starting out with the same gear gifted by the Hauntlet, and you get better and better gear along the way. Then the top level prize is say an arcane shard. None of the gear which drops will remain with you after the run, but the tokens, pots, ankh, arcane shard etc. will.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Very cool idea!

This might also be a perfect opportunity to implement a 2-1-1 party make up requirement to even enter.

I didn't see it mentioned, so sorry if it was suggested, but I'd like to see a limit on the ankh revives - say maybe 10 per party member per run? or something that would force a party to rethink teamwork and strategy to move on, rather than throw plat at success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Great idea soph really great!

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I would like things more along the line of people starting out with the same gear gifted by the Hauntlet, and you get better and better gear along the way. Then the top level prize is say an arcane shard. None of the gear which drops will remain with you after the run, but the tokens, pots, ankh, arcane shard etc. will.
    And THIS ^ totally perfects the idea! I mean it was already a great idea but this addition really perfects it.

It would ressemble something like at the very very start when you join AL... the way you have no gear and you just wear what you acquire along the way, and when you loot excess or an epic which you see improves the stats of a random mage in the map with you you just gift it to him.

It would encourage party mentality both in order to complete each round, and in ensuring that all dropped gear was distributed correctly to the various party members.

It should be designed so that warriors mages and rogues were all required at some point during the run (perhaps each door has a mechanism to get through or to open which can be handled by only one of the classes).

And I love the idea of this being the lower hauntlet!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The feedbacks are very useful tyvm. XD

I added some bonuses that might incentivate bringing wars and mages and discourages making 3rogues+1mage or 3rogues+1 tank parties.

There are 2 ideas i would like to address:
    Potions and ankhs restrictions: i cant add this because my idea of raids is to continuosly increase the level od difficulty of the runs so at a certain point it does becomes a ankh and pot feast but that is when the gauranteed reward of potions, gold and ankhs comes handy, to cover up the cost. Those players who will adventure there to farm and not hunt for glory can bail out before reaching the extreme points. The ankhs feast levels will be just for those setting records. (I suppose lv50+)

Same Gear at start of hauntlet: Lol this is difficult to handle cause i like the idea but imo when you play an mmorpg you have to start from point A and develope your character to point Z. The elite Hauntlet grants arcane items cause its extremely difficult and meant for the players at point X, Y or Z. The players at those point didn't get there by chance but went through hours of gameplay, farming at less difficult dungeons, farming crates (lol people ewwww when they think of farming crates nowadays), pvping, trading or simply spending huge amount of money.
    Another thing is that if everyone is given same gear, those who had better gears will complain, those who had worser gears won't run other elites anymore but just this and they wont go through a normal developement( the process that gets you from farming lockeds to the day you are able to farm elites and fund the runs)

MOooooo

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

So you want to farther the gap?
    I wish I were me.