Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elite Hauntlet [The concept of Raids]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

first of all +1 for those great ideas. Keep it going!!

second where do u buy ur weed? cuz its some pretty good stuff aight? jk jk :P

gj sophie i always love ur threads
    Line ID: Amborion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amborion View Post
    first of all +1 for those great ideas. Keep it going!!

second where do u buy ur weed? cuz its some pretty good stuff aight? jk jk :P

gj sophie i always love ur threads
    High Society effect lol Come and see for yourself. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I love this idea.
    I would love to fight levels after level.

if the room is small it would be better.
    It would be more fun if rooms could be like Skeleton medley bard quest. Players stand in middle. Waves coming one after one...

Pt ELITE HAUNTLET 1 SLOT WARRIOR... haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Also make sure People who stay dead for 10 seconds, they get redirected to spawn room just to prevent leechers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    Yes XD it's because Raids are the hardest part of a game they offer the best gears.
    But this is only targeting a small amount amount of the population of al who actually have the top gear

Maybe if this boss was scaled on a average of all the players stats in the party/room so everyone can participate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    But this is only targeting a small amount amount of the population of al who actually have the top gear

Maybe if this boss was scaled on a average of all the players stats in the party/room so everyone can participate
    Depends what you intend with top gear. If you can farm current tombs then you should be able to run it. That is the lowest level of challenge i think any map that would drops arcane items should require.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Elite Hauntlet [The concept of Raids]

i still think some kind of limitation of ankhs pots and lix is needed to make this work. otherwise it s just about who has the deepest pockest. timed leader boards are limited to the one run of one map, this is endless (in theory) and needs another limit.

benefits: mixed parties are rewarded (we don t need another 4 rogues ankhfestival).
    but even better: the not so popular high armor gear gets a good use for all classes, refreshing the market.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 06-23-2015 at 01:36 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Make the arcane fragment legendary so everyone don't get the achievement points, overall a terrific idea and sts should implement this.

The rewards however are a bit too generous, I'm sure if implemented sts would refine the loot table and gold drops.

For those who are addressing the issue about it rewarding the top players, why not? You struggle to get to the top and when your at the top it does get boring and people at the top need challenges too. Anywho top tiered gear will be more or less buyable by platinum so those who are lazy but have deep pockets can join the elite.
    Last edited by EQT; 06-23-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Ingame name: Invasions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EQT View Post
    For those who are addressing the issue about it rewarding the top players, why not? You struggle to get to the top and when your at the top it does get boring and people at the top need challenges too. Anywho top tiered gear will be more or less buyable by platinum so those who are lazy but have deep pockets can join the elite.
    As I am a rogue, I will explain from a rogue perspective, however this Applies to the other classes too, but with lower prices for Items and harder to farm.

The reason why we don't need another thing that rewards top players is because, atleast for rogues, there are 4 "tiers" of rogues right now.

The rogues with elon/frost bow (almost all have 20 millions plus at hand and a ton of Items worth more than my account)
    The rogues with mythic daggers
    (Second tier, rich, but not very Common, as the daggers are not a huge stat-boost from the next tier)
    The expedition bow/planar daggers
    (The tier I am currently in, have pretty much any amount of gold from 0-5 million)
    The Newly capped
    (Wear whatever they have from leveling)

Okay, so the problem here is the gap between these, as from being the best geared, with alot of cash, you need to have like 10m+ gold at LEAST, while the next COMMON tier (expedition bow/planar daggers) basically could have like 200k
    And to recieve ANY gold at all with the non-existant farming today and the slowly sinking market,
    You have to be a multimillionare that can merch huge things, Which, needless to say,is kind of hard while owning 200k.

THAT, lazies and gentlemen, is why we don't need another Way for rich people to Earn Money, because as it is we "poor" people will never be "tier 1" anyway, unless we open a lucky locked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Very well thought out idea! Few tweaks here and there and you're onto a winner.

Maybe add in some varieties of mega lix like the goblin lix (HP/SHIELD/DAMAGE) with varying durations like 1hr, 3hrs, 6hrs and 12 hrs. Purchasable via plat and tradeable, also rare boss drop. I seen this in dungeon hunter 4 except the rare boss drop.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 06-23-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Depends what you intend with top gear. If you can farm current tombs then you should be able to run it. That is the lowest level of challenge i think any map that would drops arcane items should require.
    Fair point bud I'd only see geared people reaching the most higher tiers maybe if you join the room everyone gets the same gear and it's more teamwork, skill and communication dependant. I must admit I am a fan of the whole idea as a whole tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    As I am a rogue, I will explain from a rogue perspective, however this Applies to the other classes too, but with lower prices for Items and harder to farm.

The reason why we don't need another thing that rewards top players is because, atleast for rogues, there are 4 "tiers" of rogues right now.

The rogues with elon/frost bow (almost all have 20 millions plus at hand and a ton of Items worth more than my account)
    (Second tier, rich, but not very Common, as the daggers are not a huge stat-boost from the next tier)
    (The tier I am currently in, have pretty much any amount of gold from 0-5 million)
    The Newly capped

Okay, so the problem here is the gap between these, as from being the best geared, with alot of cash, you need to have like 10m+ gold at LEAST, while the next COMMON tier (expedition bow/planar daggers) basically could have like 200k
    And to recieve ANY gold at all with the non-existant farming today and the slowly sinking market,
    You have to be a multimillionare that can merch huge things, Which, needless to say,is kind of hard while owning 200k.

THAT, lazies and gentlemen, is why we don't need another Way for rich people to Earn Money, because as it is we "poor" people will never be "tier 1" anyway, unless we open a lucky locked.
    I understand where you're coming from, the new expansion will provide for ur yearning for farming, these new lockeds will be in demand for a month or so and this is your time to farm.
    Ingame name: Invasions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    i still think some kind of limitation of ankhs pots and lix is needed to make this work. otherwise it s just about who has the deepest pockest. timed leader boards are limited to the one run of one map, this is endless (in theory) and needs another limit.

benefits: mixed parties are rewarded (we don t need another 4 rogues ankhfestival).
    but even better: the not so popular high armor gear gets a good use for all classes, refreshing the market.
    I understand what you mean Ard, the other face of the coin of ankhs & pots restrictions is that some teams might not be equipped with the best gears and might require more pots and ankhs than the number they are allowed to use. If not properly thought out restrictions would cut out a lot of players from reaching the levels necessary to drop arcane fragments & chromosomes.
    On the other hand those players that can afford to burn their way to the top through a ankh and pots feast are probably rich, properly geared and prepared. So they would probably be also capable of staying under the ankhs and pots restrictions.

Conclusion: The overpowered & rich players ankhs and pots restriction was introduced for would be the least it affects while the less geared and poorer players that were supposed to be helped would be the most it affects.

I introduced some bonuses:

LV 44
    1st red wall: +20armor +50 HP (A WAR must be in the party)
    2nd red wall: +20 damage (A MAGE must be in the party)
    3rd red wall: +2% crit (a ROGUE must be in the party)
    LV47
    1st red wall: +80armor damage +200HP
    2nd red wall: +35damage
    3rd red wall: +8% crit
    This is just a suggestion no doubts there could be better benefits. The idea though is to give wars and mages the best bonus and make this bonus mandatory for any party to survive certain levels.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The Newly capped

i think you are spot on, and the reason i would love to see this mode is not for the rewards, but for the possibility of a mixed team reaching some leaderboard without grinding for days/weaks on an event.
    the idea per se is great, but needs some refinements to turn it into something everyone can enjoy. maybe the rewards should be better at lower levels as another way to work their way up for new farmers, but at higher levels there s still a chance for really good things (see arena), but it s basically for the fame.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Great idea... this has a lot of potential!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Great idea, few pointers to add
    -Everyone is limited to 10 ankhs per run...after that you 'can' get the next 10 ankhs, but at 10plat each...after 10 more, make it 20-30 plat and so on.
    Advantage to plat players, but not hugely so.
    Maybe have a random boss spawn ( like skratch in wt4) which could have the 'relfect' of alpha wolf or something similar to keep players on their toes and play smartly with skill, not spam and just gear based killing.
    - Another idea to add to yours. Lets keep it more interesting. You cant access it directly. The only way you can access the dungeon/lower hauntlet is by dropping an altar like in goblin event "or" for 60-100 plat...and of course not more than 5 runs a day.
    If you read these ideas, they are aimed to reduce the plat/non-plat discrepancy...a clear advantage to the plat guys, but same farmability for all, thats how mmo"s should work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I an afford to burn their way to the top through a ankh and pots feast are probably rich, properly geared and prepared. So they would probably be also capable of staying under the ankhs and pots restrictions.

the ankh and pot restriction is necessary imho not only to filter rich from poor, but also to reward mixed teams.

pure rogue parties now happily spam ankhs in arena and will continue to do so.

now imagine you get only one ankh per level and f.e. 20 pots, dont you think:
    a) mixed parties are greatly rewarded
    b) unwanted high armor gear will be sought after
    c) best team build and strategy is rewarded and not best ankh trigger finger and deepest pockets?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The Newly capped

ELITES FOR MID GEARED PLAYERS:
    You can't make a elite farming map for mid low geared players that drops incredible stuff like arcanes and mythics. It would be exploited and overfarmed by the OP players, this is probably why all elites that drop the best stuff are automatically set to the highest difficulty possible. While you are still figuring how to go about it, the top geared players have already flooded the market with the items and made your gain laughable.

FARM X GUARANTEED TOKENS AND BUY ARCANE ITEMS FOR MID GEARED PLAYERS:
    Again Top geared players would exploit this, they would run the maps faster than you, gather fragments faster than you and flood the market before you can put together enough tokens.

I am probably wrong but the only way i see a solution other than making everyone run maps with the same gear is Combining time+tokens+luck. In this case gears have a minimal influence. The more you run and luck you have the more tokens you get, just like how it currently works with teeths farming.
    Time and luck(& demand ofc) is what keeps dragonite bars up. So IMO mid geared players should ask for more maps that allow a farming method similar to teeths farming while the top geared players deal with elites.

MOooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    the ankh and pot restriction is necessary imho not only to filter rich from poor, but also to reward mixed teams.

pure rogue parties now happily spam ankhs in arena and will continue to do so.

now imagine you get only one ankh per level and f.e. 20 pots, dont you think:
    a) mixed parties are greatly rewarded
    b) unwanted high armor gear will be sought after
    c) best team build and strategy is rewarded and not best ankh trigger finger and deepest pockets?
    Yes, yes, yes. In this case the arcane items should start dropping from the first or second instance though in order to not cut out those teams that can not meet the pots and ankhs restrictions needed to reach instance 2, 3 ...... N. (Mid geared players that is)
    I will edit later on but limit the restrictions to just ankhs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

ELITES FOR MID GEARED PLAYERS:
    You can't make a elite farming map for mid low geared players that drops incredible stuff like arcanes and mythics. It would be exploited and overfarmed by the OP players, this is probably why all elites that drop the best stuff are automatically set to the highest difficulty possible. While you are still figuring how to go about it, the top geared players have already flooded the market with the items and made your gain laughable.

FARM X GUARANTEED TOKENS AND BUY ARCANE ITEMS FOR MID GEARED PLAYERS:
    Again Top geared players would exploit this, they would run the maps faster than you, gather fragments faster than you and flood the market before you can put together enough tokens.

I am probably wrong but the only way i see a solution other than making everyone run maps with the same gear is Combining time+tokens+luck. In this case gears have a minimal influence. The more you run and luck you have the more tokens you get, just like how it currently works with teeths farming.
    Time and luck(& demand ofc) is what keeps dragonite bars up. So IMO mid geared players should ask for more maps that allow a farming method similar to teeths farming while the top geared players deal with elites.

MOooo
    Out of thanks, but have this: Name:  image.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  3.4 KB