Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elite Hauntlet [The concept of Raids]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. In this case the arcane items should start dropping from the first or second instance though in order to not cut out those teams that can not meet the pots and ankhs restrictions needed to reach instance 2, 3 ...... N. (Mid geared players that is)
    I will edit later on but limit the restrictions to just ankhs.
    this i don t understand. pot and ankh restrictions to me mean f.e. every player has one ankh per level and 20 pots, just to keep the example. this is the maximum you can use, not the minimum you have to have. in best case this new mode would provide a new way to farm (with the jump to lvl 41 and pet crates stg somehow harmed low and mid level farming) maybe jewels, tokens, ..., could be in the loot tabld at lower lvls and fossil.,, at arena chances could be in it at higher tiers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    this i don t understand. pot and ankh restrictions to me mean f.e. every player has one ankh per level and 20 pots, just to keep the example. this is the maximum you can use, not the minimum you have to have. in best case this new mode would provide a new way to farm (with the jump to lvl 41 and pet crates stg somehow harmed low and mid level farming) maybe jewels, tokens, ..., could be in the loot tabld at lower lvls and fossil.,, at arena chances could be in it at higher tiers.
    Lol Login, try to run an elite map with 20 pots then come back here and give me feedbacks. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Lol Login, try to run an elite map with 20 pots then come back here and give me feedbacks. XD
    20 pots is an example for discussion. the thing is timed maps have a natural end because it s only one map. a survival mode needs another limit. and to answer your challenge i just built a high armor set and it itches me to take your challenge, i may post a vid, but thats another topic (i happily show you whats possible in arena).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

20 pots is an example for discussion. the thing is timed maps have a natural end because it s only one map. a survival mode needs another limit. and to answer your challenge i just built a high armor set and it itches me to take your challenge, i may post a vid, but thats another topic (i happily show you whats possible in arena).
    I dont want both ankhs & potions to be the limits. Its too restrictive imo and would cut out a lot of midgeared /casual players that wont have the time to develope strategies with a random team they just put up through guild chat or those without op gears that can make them respect the ankh and pot limits regardlessly. Your idea is good if each team was made of a group of players that always plays together but my dea is to keep everything accessible more or less to all endgame elite farmers.

Personally i woud make everyone keep going till it reaches a point the team dies each time they are striked by a mob and decide on their own its better they bail out but i guess its probably too much. In other games i played that had raids there was a time or death limit in this case i think death is better.

How should i go about it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Personally i woud make everyone keep going till it reaches a point the team dies each time they are striked by a mob and decide on their own its better they bail out but i guess its probably too much.
    this is spot on. i just don t want to see this point being reached after each team burned through *a lot of gold/money*. there must be a better way to limit this, otherwise, forget about gear and tactics, just spam plat/ankhs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Love this idea

I am a rouge <3 rouge legends! Ps my name is manicures

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I dont know what say this thread but +1 and like xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

What if the mobs/bosses scale to the damage of the party in some way, instead of player level? That way, there is the potential to have say 10 ankh and 50 potions benefit the OP party and the mid-range party equally?

The ongoing bosses/stages would continue to scale up equally such that the OP party and the mid range party could have an equal chance to advance to the upper stages?

This would allow the mid range group an equal chance to hit the LB as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

this is spot on. i just don t want to see this point being reached after each team burned through *a lot of gold/money*. there must be a better way to limit this, otherwise, forget about gear and tactics, just spam plat/ankhs.
    DEATHS
    Each death will cost 1 ankh in order to continue playing, in case a dead player choses to respawn for free he would be teleported to the beginning of the Elite hauntlet and confined there. In order to be released his team has to complete the instance.
    If the whole party dies and respawns for free they will be confined at the beginning of the instance and then sent back to the towns they joined the Hauntlet from.

ANKHS RESTRICTION(Survivability over Speed and Damage)
    In order to prevent the elite Hauntlet from turning into a Ankh feast and create runs where:
    a) Mixed parties are greatly rewarded
    b) Unwanted high armor gear are needed
    c) Best team build and strategy is rewarded and not best ankh trigger finger and deepest pockets.

Each member of a team Ankhs counter will be turned to "10" at the beginning of only the first instance (LV44)
    At the beginning of the successive instances each member will receive additional ankhs.
    When the raid ends and every runner is taken to the town they joined from their ankhs counter will be restored to it's initial value.
    Hopefully this will create a situation where everyone would be careful not to die and tanks and sorcerers will once again play a primary role in elite farming.
    Ankhs RESTRICTION added. I didn't say how many ankhs should be added cause it would all depend on how difficult the instances would be made.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    As I am a rogue, I will explain from a rogue perspective, however this Applies to the other classes too, but with lower prices for Items and harder to farm.

The reason why we don't need another thing that rewards top players is because, atleast for rogues, there are 4 "tiers" of rogues right now.

The rogues with elon/frost bow (almost all have 20 millions plus at hand and a ton of Items worth more than my account)
    The rogues with mythic daggers
    (Second tier, rich, but not very Common, as the daggers are not a huge stat-boost from the next tier)
    The expedition bow/planar daggers
    (The tier I am currently in, have pretty much any amount of gold from 0-5 million)
    The Newly capped
    (Wear whatever they have from leveling)

Okay, so the problem here is the gap between these, as from being the best geared, with alot of cash, you need to have like 10m+ gold at LEAST, while the next COMMON tier (expedition bow/planar daggers) basically could have like 200k
    And to recieve ANY gold at all with the non-existant farming today and the slowly sinking market,
    You have to be a multimillionare that can merch huge things, Which, needless to say,is kind of hard while owning 200k.

THAT, lazies and gentlemen, is why we don't need another Way for rich people to Earn Money, because as it is we "poor" people will never be "tier 1" anyway, unless we open a lucky locked.
    This is a pretty accurate description of the rogue levels. I am lucky enough to have a frost bow right now, and I can tell you that there is one more tier. Those with arcane rings and/or nekro, that is a level I don't see myself getting to any time soon (not rich, just lucky), but there is definitely another boost in power from getting to that level.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixPrime For This Useful Post: