Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Suggestion] Make our favourite sets from past and present into vanity items!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Default [Suggestion] Make our favourite sets from past and present into vanity items!

It's been suggested before that players be able to somehow pay to be able to turn sets of their choice into vanity items and that's not what I'm suggesting... I'm suggesting that the guys at STS do it for us.... and then put them in the plat store for purchase.

I know it not a super complex process to reuse items which have already been designed, because last christmas the costume of an NPC was quickly turned around and made into a vanity when people wanted a new vanity in the token store as opposed to just the same ones from the first christmas event.

A quick flick through CS brought me the following rogue armors which I think would find a market if they were offered as vanities through the plat store, especially if the full colour range was offered each time (I didn't have time to ss every shade of every one.)

Name:  Rogue outfits.jpg
Views: 1743
Size:  618.7 KB

I think that each month, STS should offer 2 such vanities in the plat store for one month only - in a couple of different colours. Once the month was up those vanities would then disappear from the plat store, and be replaced by another 2 vanities. The price should be fairly high - around 150 - 200 plats per vanity (vanities are tradeable so free players would always be able to buy them from CS).

There are more that people would pay good money to wear as a vanity but I don't know the names of all the sets and nor did I have time to do an extensive hunt through CS or for people wearing them around town.

The idea would be to create a new source of plat income for STS and might help the game to replace offering OP stats through mythics and arcanes as an incentive for players to spend plats, and instead move towards an aesthetics based plat store, leaving stats and gear development to the game itself.

PS: Another great item for a vanity would be the long snow coats worn by some NPCs in the winter events :3 I don't have a SS but I always thought they would look awesome on toons!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post: