Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Suggestion] Make our favourite sets from past and present into vanity items!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Default [Suggestion] Make our favourite sets from past and present into vanity items!

It's been suggested before that players be able to somehow pay to be able to turn sets of their choice into vanity items and that's not what I'm suggesting... I'm suggesting that the guys at STS do it for us.... and then put them in the plat store for purchase.

I know it not a super complex process to reuse items which have already been designed, because last christmas the costume of an NPC was quickly turned around and made into a vanity when people wanted a new vanity in the token store as opposed to just the same ones from the first christmas event.

A quick flick through CS brought me the following rogue armors which I think would find a market if they were offered as vanities through the plat store, especially if the full colour range was offered each time (I didn't have time to ss every shade of every one.)

Name:  Rogue outfits.jpg
Views: 1737
Size:  618.7 KB

I think that each month, STS should offer 2 such vanities in the plat store for one month only - in a couple of different colours. Once the month was up those vanities would then disappear from the plat store, and be replaced by another 2 vanities. The price should be fairly high - around 150 - 200 plats per vanity (vanities are tradeable so free players would always be able to buy them from CS).

There are more that people would pay good money to wear as a vanity but I don't know the names of all the sets and nor did I have time to do an extensive hunt through CS or for people wearing them around town.

The idea would be to create a new source of plat income for STS and might help the game to replace offering OP stats through mythics and arcanes as an incentive for players to spend plats, and instead move towards an aesthetics based plat store, leaving stats and gear development to the game itself.

PS: Another great item for a vanity would be the long snow coats worn by some NPCs in the winter events :3 I don't have a SS but I always thought they would look awesome on toons!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

The current available 25-plat sets from store are worth 15k-30k.

150 plats = 25 plats x 6 = 15k-30k x 6 = 90k-180k
    200 plats = 25 plats x 8 = 15k-30k x 8 = 120k-240k

80% of the non-plat players won't be able to buy these sets, instead, they will buy better gear and cheaper vanities. I actually may suggest that they make new 4 vanity sets when newer expansion comes, and 1 new vanity set per events. Max price should be 50 (like Night Assasin set).
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

There is always going to be SOMETHING that the non plat buyers aren't able to afford.

Wouldn't you rather than it was vanities and visual items which were exlcusive to plat buyers, and not Arcane/Mythic items?

If you take a look at the currency stores of several other F2P games, they put a big focus on avatar skins that aren't even tradeable... literally the only way to wear a vanity of any sort (skin, weapon, graphic effect) is by paying.

But that's okay, because you can still have a toon that works just as well as everyone elses and therefore has and equal shot at everything in the game in terms of stats, you just can't "look" awesome...
    Last edited by Dalmony; 06-24-2015 at 08:17 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I would love to see a vanity-converting NPC that can change helms/armor into vanities.

The entire process could be like crafting and ingredients could be put into the Elite loot tables.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

+1 good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    There is always going to be SOMETHING that the non plat buyers aren't able to afford.

Wouldn't you rather than it was vanities and visual items which were exlcusive to plat buyers, and not Arcane/Mythic items?

If you take a look at the currency stores of several other F2P games, they put a big focus on avatar skins that aren't even tradeable... literally the only way to wear a vanity of any sort (skin, weapon, graphic effect) is by paying.

But that's okay, because you can still have a toon that works just as well as everyone elses and therefore has and equal shot at everything in the game in terms of stats, you just can't "look" awesome...
    There is a different between the disabilty to buy vanities with plats or gold. 200 plats are too expensive for an exclusive vanity set, comparing to how many people now collect/buy vanities from the store, which will cause the price won't even go above 200k. Maybe the first month will go well, then new vanity sets will come and replace the old 'exclusive' vanity sets. Later and later, the demand will always go drop and soon won't get you benefit. As for the with gold ones, I had stated it before.

Your reply has nothing to do to mine, but by the way, unfortunately this game isn't that type of those f2p who put a big focus on untradable vanities or those items that premium people can buy exclusively.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

The style of the vanity must be worthy of a 200-plat price tag.

Otherwise it would devalue over time just like all the other ones.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Yeah I know its not that type of game. If it was though... it would live foreverr :3

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Really cool idea, Dalmony! And great set selections. There sure have been some really cool sets over the years.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Id like to have a Dark Crystal vanity <3
    IGN: //Smokiii //Bigbudganja

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smokiii View Post
    Id like to have a Dark Crystal vanity <3
    This! +100000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Dark Crystal vanity would be awesome too Just a huge selection in general.... oddly out of all the ones from the image I posted, I'd pick the red one... there are so many epics which look great but have useless stats I Also the poisonous gear would be great as a vanity :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I would convert my whole armor collection to vanities if I could lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Great idea! By doing this sts would make it possible for us to use all the beautiful designs while actually playing the game,
    instead of these sets only being used when standing in a town doing nothing.
    Last edited by Ent; 07-02-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Sig made by Baron! check out his work here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ron-Sig-Thread

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Yep and if giving us a way to convert actual gear into vanities inside the game is too complex.... majorly pimping out the plat store to give us tons of choice it totally an alternative I'm cool with because its win win ^_^