Thread: Consignment Store Bidding System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lightbulb Consignment Store Bidding System

I'm sure every arcane legends player has come been in a position when they have an item which just isn't selling and they just really want to get rid of it, while still getting their money's worth. So they list it at the consignment store and hope that someone discovers it. The problem is, is that people who see your item may not be willing to pay that much either because, well it's just too expensive, or, because someone has undercut your item by 1 gold.

What i am suggesting, is that STS creates a system which allows players to make an offer (no matter how ridiculously low) on an item listed in the consignment store. Of course, the seller can list a reserve so they don't recieve notifications until this reserve has been met, but the buyer isn't made aware of what this reserve is. The seller is then given the option to decline or accept the offer made on their item. The bidder will be made aware what the best current bid is.
    This gives the buyer the ability to possibly pick up a bargain (should the seller accept), but also gives the seller the ability to sell an item without having to massively inconvenience themselves by constantly spamming the same message over paradise pier and expedition camp.

Yes, there is a few flaws, such as how can you guarantee the buyer will have the gold in their account should their offer be accepted; My suggestion for this, is that the money be temporarily removed from their available gold, and put into a new section named "pending gold" or words to that effect. This means this gold is no longer available to be used until their offer has either been accepted, outbid or declined, in which case the buyer would either recieve their gold or item.

In summary, create a system which gives the buyers an opportunity to say "well i won't pay that much, but i will pay this much" without the hassle of having to contact a player, and without the seller having to spam "selling ..... Pm offer". Thoughts?

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Killfreeak For This Useful Post: