Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new home for Vyxnaar

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default A new home for Vyxnaar

First I would like to start out by saying the Developer that designed the Forbidden Crypt really spoiled us. The combination of different elements really led to an extremely fun board. I would like to propose using that combination to create a new home for Vyx with as little resources as possible. So here is my suggestion:
    1) Entrance: A public entrance through a portal in the new Shadow 'Towne'. These could be joined but not hosted.
    2) Board: Board could be any of the Shadow caves depending on how many possible Vyxnaars the devs would like to see.
    3) Mobs: The common mobs would be the same ones in the caves, though they would be respawning.
    4) Bosses: All current bosses, including Shadow Djinns would be replaced by 'a chance for Vyxnaar to spawn there'.
    5) Spawn Rate: He would have a random timer based spawn rate similar to the one in the Forbidden Crypt.
    6) Regular Pink Drop Rate: Regular pink shadow helms would have a drop rate of 10% of their current shadow cave drop rate.
    7) Vyxnaar Helm Drop Rate: 10% of the Vyx shadow helm drop rate, or 1 percent of current shadow cave drop rate. Of course these rates are just toss outs, but the idea is for it to be a rare drop from a common spawn, not a common drop from a rare spawn.

Let me know what you all think.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

If they make a respawning map, make it hooch hat style (or similar)

Having you going around in circles for ages just to find him, and when you do maybe keep the same old drop rate of these last few hours.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I like it, Fluff.
    Since you and I were the ones who asked for a lvl 50 Vyx in the first place (I think), we should get some say in how it works, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post

Having you going around in circles for ages just to find him, and when you do maybe keep the same old drop rate of these last few hours.
    Idea would have him spawn at the rate of the original Vyx, so finding him, or even 2 or more at once is definitely not a problem. The hard part is killing him enough to get the helm. Oh, that reminds me, he should be a lot harder. I noticed it was easier to kill him then the djinn's.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Beautiful idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Or you could have a map with like 50 Vyxnaars that are all roaming around together in a large open room. But then turn the drop rate lower (even lower than the original drop rate of Vyxnaar). That would be an epic battlescene
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i guess this would be alright..
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just clone the lvl 25 vyx lair and scale it for lvl 50.
    The guy lurking around the Shadow Caves may look like him and may have stolen his name, but he is NOT Vyxnaar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post

I love this idea making Vyxnaar a vanity item so every class can wear it and maybe have some type of bonus like 10 armor or damage. That would be Kool cause to wear it you would need to respec to str as it is now and it's not really that much better than full hate.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    I love this idea making Vyxnaar a vanity item so every class can wear it and maybe have some type of bonus like 10 armor or damage. That would be Kool cause to wear it you would need to respec to str as it is now and it's not really that much better than full hate.
    Not better than full hate at all -- only +1 armor, but no bonus.
    But then I realized that I use the limbchopper instead of hax (hax has godawful low damage), so I don't get a set bonus anyway. I can have white hair now when I play pally, though.
    Then again... I went hunting for vyx as a pally and was taking more damage than as a Mage, so I went back to int gear. Weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Not better than full hate at all -- only +1 armor, but no bonus.
    But then I realized that I use the limbchopper instead of hax (hax has godawful low damage), so I don't get a set bonus anyway. I can have white hair now when I play pally, though.
    Then again... I went hunting for vyx as a pally and was taking more damage than as a Mage, so I went back to int gear. Weird.
    Hax is pretty bad on mage, but pretty awesome on bear because of the execute proc. Anyway, yeah, the last Vyxnaar helm was a level 45 item with level 25 requirements. This is a level 50.1 item with level 50 requirements, so even the helm does not live up to the Vyxnaar legend.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Hax is pretty bad on mage, but pretty awesome on bear because of the execute proc. Anyway, yeah, the last Vyxnaar helm was a level 45 item with level 25 requirements. This is a level 50.1 item with level 50 requirements, so even the helm does not live up to the Vyxnaar legend.
    We must give Vyx his dignity back!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

We must give Vyx his dignity back!!
    I have come to the conclusion this is not the real Vyxnaar, but his shadowy cousin impersonating him. In keeping with the 'spirit of Vyxnaar', a new one is not due for another 10 levels. So when the cap is 65, a new cave for him should be created in Alien Oasis town, where he is a level 65 Boss that drops a level 65 helm, but is surrounded by level 45 mobs.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have come to the conclusion this is not the real Vyxnaar, but his shadowy cousin impersonating him. In keeping with the 'spirit of Vyxnaar', a new one is not due for another 10 levels. So when the cap is 65, a new cave for him should be created in Alien Oasis town, where he is a level 65 Boss that drops a level 65 helm, but is surrounded by level 45 mobs.
    What was the level cap when the real Vyx was born? When I started playing, ao2 was the cap already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

What was the level cap when the real Vyx was born? When I started playing, ao2 was the cap already.
    Original Vyx was born in August when the cap was 45. He was a level 45 boss that lived among level 25 mobs.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Original Vyx was born in August when the cap was 45. He was a level 45 boss that lived among level 25 mobs.
    Ah ok..so around when I started playing. I must not have known about it then bc I didn't visit the forums at the time. Interesting the way they did it. So maybe they don't want to introduce a helm with stats 10-15 lvls over the current lvl cap?

Kinda makes me wonder tho... Did the original lvl 50 vyx helm that no one found have better stats? Possible they nerfed the stats when they made it easier to get?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

you could in the town have a chance that every 10 minutes (pretty high chance) 1-5 vyxnarrs will spawn. there could be a message such as the vyxnarr herd is approaching!! like in the sewers when you see a boss. its not a safe town but when you kill the vyxnarrs you could get a vyxnarr helm
    Last edited by superss; 04-20-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

That's old man Vyxnar, he's gone soft in his old age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Maybe Vyx got PL'd to 50 and forgot to wear a better helm
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

10% drop rate would be nice XD

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space