Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Smart People...

Like I said. I love you. Its like he read only my posts, and told you exactly what I was feeling.

Breath......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    LOL, what an awesome thread to read!

We'd love full feedback on all pricing:

- Sales
    - Consumables
    - Item Packs
    - Dungeon Packs
    - PvP Packs
    - Respecs
    - Character Slots
    - Gold
    - Inventory/ stash
    - Vanity Items

What do you want more of? What do you not care about? What is too expensive? What is a bargain?
    Expansion/Dungeon Packs
    PvP Packs
    (Quests)

I see these as the PREMIUM content for this MMO (currently). Looking at it in both respects: development time/resources needed (from DEVS) & value for entertainment (to PLAYERS) - this is the content that is and should be PRICED and MOST PROFIT made from. Current prices are a complete bargain for this awesome new content and worth Platinum for: New Maps, New Mobs, New Gameplay, New xp/rewards/higher levels and overall game progression for this GROWING game. It's brilliant and the frequency of expansions in the schedule is really impressive and keeps the game alive like few others.

eg I got sale of x4 expansion packs + Swamps + x2 PvP packs for [x2 30 Plat + 5 Plat]. IMO the PvP is a GAME IN A GAME and worth paying for as such. To play PvP on the mobile is stupendous and saves me bothering with a PC MMO for the next 12 months likely enough. That's my context for this! : )

If quests could be added with a lot of RPG story/characters etc that would be content also really worth paying Plat for, also.

Consumables
    Char Respects
    Items packs

Should be priced next highest below the above. This stuff is all "volitional" and if you want to take the bespoke side of gaming and crafting an Avatar you like modifying and max'ing up then either "grinding", "overcoming the games challenges or as an extra help (at a price) purchasing the above, seems to make sense to me...

Vanity items
    Inventory/stash

Next highest... This stuff let's you tinker around a bit more frequently and change things on the go, so should cheaper than all the above as yields higher frequency of use but more about convenience and managing your Avatar's resources efficiently and quickly than buying extra content or power-ups!

Separate category:

Sales: Think this is dependent on adding: Exciting 1-off opportunities limited time only etc (classic sales strategy), Dependent on your stats, how much usage an area is getting, how many months since release, how much of the population has already progressed through it, how many new players would be stimulated to enlist in PL's with some really good deals etc and obviously not knocking ppl for adopting the latest stuff only to slash the prices too soon or too much.

Will try to post later on actual specific rates but might require a lot of calculations first ! Thanks for reading in advance - as long as people are aware of the pricing structure they can work out the relative value of stuff in game that lead to purchase choices that suit that fixed valuation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Oooh! Premium content for new Classes too: Humans (I guess). That's always hot.

Guess these guys are your generalists, jack of all stats? Would like either a puppet-master class or stealth class if pos... ; )

EDIT: BTW: I was knocked off my feet by how quickly you reduced some of the prices (readme v1.2) after feed-back.

Legends!
    Last edited by ratava; 05-26-2010 at 06:03 AM. Reason: reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the idea of a lifetime PL pass for like 200 plat, although I know this contradicts the MMO business model.
    Live in the south of England? Want a FREE guitar lesson? Please visit http://www.guitarlon.moonfruit.com for more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still think Respecs should be at the cost of gold and not platinum. (IMO.)

Health/Mana Potions should cost a bit more gold. (I can buy these in mass quantitys way too easily.)

Elixers should cost less gold. (They are not worth the little experience you actually get from them.)
    Tallon - Archer - LVL 30
    Khraos - Warrior - LVL 22
    Vizardess - Enchantress - LVL 20
    Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think there's just too much of a cash shop in this game as it is. There should definetely be some sort of special membership because I see people paying like $30 on stuff and still having to fork out money for all of these new updates.

You might as well do what some MMOs have done and have the normal free version or you can pay a monthly fee to be a premium member and get this stuff for free. AND if you did something like this you should give it more MMO qualities because right now in its current state, its about as much as an MMO as Call of Duty. Me personally, I call it a Co-op RPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats what I am saying D6.. Some ppl must not be paying attention.. We are looking for ways to save here. Not more ways to spend. Are you kidding me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendaline View Post
    Thats what I am saying D6.. Some ppl must not be paying attention.. We are looking for ways to save here. Not more ways to spend. Are you kidding me?
    Is English not your first language? Just curious.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ta11on View Post
    I still think Respecs should be at the cost of gold and not platinum. (IMO.)

Health/Mana Potions should cost a bit more gold. (I can buy these in mass quantitys way too easily.)

Elixers should cost less gold. (They are not worth the little experience you actually get from them.)
    Great idea to be able to use gold for respecs... ESP if the 5 respecs for 10p is also kept.

Personally, I really like having the option to buy something with gold if I want... Or plat if I want...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate buyin respecs. I only do so to change my skills not my stats. Is there any way there could be a skill respec?
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,505 Posts

Weeding through the noise wastes time. Please stay on topic.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flaimdude View Post
    Nope, that pretty much covers it. I was just wondering because in some of your other posts I could barely read what you were saying, and I was wondering if I could help you improve your poor grasp of the English language through tutoring sessions! At only 2k g/session, they're a bargain!
    Just because my grammar and choice of words are lacking does not mean that you have to mutate yourself into Mr. Obvious. So your education may be more advanced than mine. Does that mean that you have more common sense? Does that mean anything to me, and or anyone else reading these posts? Do not single me out ever again. Or I will go Don Quixote on your Behind. K Teach? ;0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This has quickly turned into a flame war over grammer...what petty reasons to argue with one another.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

But if the devs made an entire free version along with a paid version, wouldn't that severely limit funds for the devs? Or would advertising on the free version make up the difference?

I'd want the premium version... I'm just wondering if this is viable to discuss? Is a monthly fee something the devs would consider?

I hear complaints that it's not WOW. But, PL is in its INFANCY. They have amazing plans for the future. This game may well redefine mobile gaming...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No to monthly fee.

They way it is is fine. Just add more things to the store. More cool looking things, more attractive things, more useful things. I have 140 platinum and nothing to spend it on.

I love the freemium model and it will work.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

So more vanity items... check. What kinds of things and what price range feels appropriate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just funny stuff. Stuff to make platinum users feel better about themselves but also not too good as to annoy non-platinums.

Stuff like Santa hats, Tuxedos, easter bunny ears, sunglasses, capes, items which add some type of glowing affect to make you stand out.

I'd pay 5-10 plat for something small like a cool hat, and around 15-20 plat for a cape or something. Just off the top off my head though, hard to guess a price when I don't really know how hard the coding would be for the items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile Vanity ideas & prices...

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    So more vanity items... check. What kinds of things and what price range feels appropriate?
    JustG~

Vanity items? I'd be in for 2P to 15P....

2P - a single small item like a Santa hat, a mask, a dog collar for a dragon, shoes, etc
    2- 5P for bigger items like wings or color auras or for wicked cool weapons, etc
    10P for a magic belt that allows us to carry TWO weapons with us and switch between them easily mid-game...

And I'd personally pay 10P happily to change hair & eye color- but I'd want it to be 10p as one cost for all of my characters...

5-10P for personalized robes- we choose color, decoration, and stats from options
    (5P for lvl 1-20 and 10P for lvl21 and up)

If you make an animals, you could vary the pricing system
    5P for an animal that's cute but basic- a cat, a mongoose, a snake
    10P for a wicked cool animal - a dragon, a Phoenix, a polar bear
    15P for an animal that becomes animated and helps when a specific skill is used
    2P for a purr or hiss etc as an emote
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-26-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

25 plat for mounts :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Gavry the guild stuff I'd good cause I got about 3200 plat