Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'll pay 1000plat for a fire breathing dragon hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    This has quickly turned into a flame war over grammer...what petty reasons to argue with one another.
    Nice Grammar. Haha I love you Esus.

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pterodactyl!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red Dead Redemption looks amazing
    Live in the south of England? Want a FREE guitar lesson? Please visit http://www.guitarlon.moonfruit.com for more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dyson6 View Post
    I see people paying like $30 on stuff and still having to fork out money for all of these new updates...
    in its current state, its about as much as an MMO as Call of Duty. Me personally, I call it a Co-op RPG.
    2 things: $30 spent is totally volitional. eg I got sale of x4 expansion packs + Swamps + x2 PvP packs for [x2 30 Plat + 5 Plat]. That's ON TOP OF the free stuff at the beginning. The game HUGE and full of good quality = just tips into $$.

Second, it's an iPhone MMO and yes it has a lot of features you actually find in MMO's on PC. The fact is, it's being compared to a PC MMO says it all! eg Massively/TenTonHammer love it. The RPG is actually the bit missing! More story and quest features in the schedule to look forward to, happily. : )

---

I'd pay about 5-8 plat on Vanity Items if they help the Avatar look more unique or add some cool graphics. Getting into this side of the game, but small purchases make these add-ons much more tempting.

Also would pay 5-10 plat for items that tell story/backstory/bestiaries/noteworthy NPC's eg Sacred Books etc. Enjoy good fluff especially as you guys show you are building a world in there ; )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why are people so opposed to monthly fees? If you're a dedicated player, you basically pay one for the new content they add constantly and you end up paying more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know D6, seems like a simple fix to all the nickel and dimeing us everyone is complaning about.

1-13 could still be free and limited, like it is now if you don't buy items.

You could even pay your monthly fee with plat, it would be a total in game deal. At the end of 30 day PL could ask you would you like to buy another month for xPlat?

What's so bad about that?
    ~Voxed lvl 45 Warrior
    ~Voxxxed lvl 45 IntBird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Monthly fee's will put newbies off.

And a lot of current players aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

meh im having alot of fun with this game so i would pay a monthly fee, but im gonna disregard what i said before about the pricing scheme and say its fine as it is now, but no more buying pvp maps!, id buy level cap maps but pvp should be free
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well this thread is falling apart, but before it does i'd like to say a word about the pvp pricing issue.

Seems like some people want to have the maps and some people aren't willing to pay for them. Personally i don't care if i have to pay for them, but the problem I have is that the population of players who play pvp is very low at all times. The players who didn't buy the maps but would be willing to get smashed by my blade can't access the game i'm in.

Since you don't have to pay to play pvp, one sad result is that the people who did pay have a smaller number of opponents. We pay, and yet we suffer when others don't pay. I think it has to be one way or the other.

And why o why does the one free map you guys put out include the most powerful boss mob. I mean really, that guy should be in every dungeon map. How is it you guys put him in the pvp arena? We need difficult bosses in DUNGEONS! What in the name of...

pant pant... started ranting... stopped myself or i would have gone wacko...

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    Monthly fee's will put newbies off.

And a lot of current players aswell.
    I hear alot of people say this, but why everyone has there opinion, I'm just wondering why you feel this way?

I would rather pay $5 a month then $4 about every month for a map and pay for everything else on top of that.

Maybe ST could do both let people pay a monthly fee and get updates and a few other perks, or let people pay by item if they like it the way it is.
    ~Voxed lvl 45 Warrior
    ~Voxxxed lvl 45 IntBird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you will go for a monthly fee, you need to have a free trial period first... key to every MMO is to get someone hooked to a game and then let them pay for it. If you do it like this no newbies will be scared away as you said...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is a free trial...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Monthly fee = Sad puppies, angels crying, and no fun for me

I'll explain. There are two reasons that I have never played WoW, EQ, or any other MMORPG. (After MUDs, which I used to play about ten years ago.) The first reason is the time commitment. The second reason is the monthly fee. When combined, those two points made me feel like the MMORPG would become a second job. The "seriousness" was too much for me.

In contrast, PL is a casual game. Play a little. Play a lot. It's up to you. I already have a full-time job. I don't need (or want) PL to require any more commitment than it already does. A monthly fee would raise that commitment. Right now, I only pay for what I use. PvP is a good example here. I haven't bought any PvP maps yet, because PvP doesn't really interest me right now. If my interest level changes, I can buy the PvP maps. My key point is that I am in control of how much money I spend. If I don't want a particular feature, I don't have to pay for it.

If the Devs choose to introduce a monthly fee for PL, I would implore them to keep it optional. Please allow the casual gamers like me to continue to enjoy "a la carte" pricing. If the hardcore folks want a monthly fee, that's great ... but please don't require the rest of us to buy into it.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alarion- I would say keep 1-13 free and limited like it is now if you don't buy anything. Pay after 13.

Slippery- Thank you for giving me your reason why, I under stand why people like yourself would not want to pay monthly now.

Would you be apposed to having it be an opption? Having a choice between pay by month or as you put it "A la carte"
    ~Voxed lvl 45 Warrior
    ~Voxxxed lvl 45 IntBird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Monthly for maps and, A la carte for pterodactyls and angel wings. Or OR!! a shark fin hoodie.... With a mages trident!! Poseidon Gwendaline shall be my new name.
    Last edited by Gwendaline; 05-27-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Gwen you confuddle me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If a monthly fee is applied to this game, at least 85% of player population will immediately leave (Most players probably haven't paid for any content anyways). This game dose not have enough content or enjoyment to be worth it.
    Tallon - Archer - LVL 30
    Khraos - Warrior - LVL 22
    Vizardess - Enchantress - LVL 20
    Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ta11on View Post
    If a monthly fee is applied to this game, at least 85% of player population will immediately leave (Most players probably haven't paid for any content anyways). This game dose not have enough content or enjoyment to be worth it.
    Excuse me... There is enough enjoyment for a TON! of us to have already spent at least $30 dollars on this game in the first month. There is enough ENJOYMENT! That you have posted 72 times... Someone must have jeopardized your account.. You might want to change your password.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol Gwen- love the shark fin hoodie idea!

Tallon & everyone,
    There are TONS of ideas being thrown out in this thread. That's the point- lots of ideas!
    I'm sure it's very helpful to devs to hear if you don't like the idea of monthly pricing...
    I think that's the goal- for them to find out what most people agree is fair pricing and what most people are willing to pay for...

Content for the game though will prob be expansive eventually...
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-27-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage