Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Are u surrrious!?

I think your all crazy... Most things should be available through purchase with gold... You should not have to pay real cash to start a guild... Maybe 500k in gold. Seriously!! Are you serious ppl? What is the point of even having gold if you want to purchase everything with plat.... Just do away with gold if that is the case..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

HEY how about that 45 plat I spent last night for 25 stash.
    NOW it's only 5 plat? That's over a $5.00 difference.
    Imagine I say how ripped off I feel and others that recently bought this also.

OK I want a REFUND for my purchase, who do I talk to.

Steverd
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm betting e-mail would be a better place to try and get an answer.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

nerdherd is correct, please contact support(at)spacetimestudios.com Steverd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As I have said before, I really believe PvP maps should be free. I think what would work better is if you released one new PvP map per expansion. So lest say when Alien Oasis comes out and you buy it, you would receive the PvM aspect and then a FREE PvP map also.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    nerdherd is correct, please contact support(at)spacetimestudios.com Steverd.
    Will do Thanks!
    Steverd
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.
    I have no problems with you releasing lets say PvP packs. I am just saying, people have been complaining about money. What if you just added one PvP map per expansion? You guys could still pop out PvP packs which are optional. It just gives the people who can't keep forking money over, like the kids who play this game, a chance to still participate. I know you have released two maps already, but those are only 3v3. I just think it would be a good idea to release a new PvP map per expansion. Little things make people feel their money is being better spent.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and the pvp maps should come in a bundle free of charge with the expansion lvls. Pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think subscription fee would be suitable for this game say $5 a month gets you,
    All expansions
    25-50 bank slots
    A lot of inventory, not saying unlimited just a good amount
    PvP maps
    1 respec per month, or a gold amount to respec not plat
    3 characters slots

After the $5 a month i would be willing to still pay for,
    Items, 2plat is a good amount or a gold amount option would be nice
    Extra characters slots over 3
    extra stash slots over 25-50
    Potions/elixirs
    Name changes
    Making a guild, not to join one

Also I'm very glad Ob brought this point up, its been something that has been bugging me for a while just didn't want to make a post on it :-)
    ~Voxed lvl 45 Warrior
    ~Voxxxed lvl 45 IntBird

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think it would be a good idea to offer one free PvP map per expansion, so that way you have to pay to get it but it's not an extra fee. Then maybe you could have a pack of premium PvP maps that are either ridiculously awesome or that offer different modes of PvP (or both!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Genius!

Love u Voxed!! He's a genius!!! TY Ob1 and Vox shoot.. U 2 nerdle
    Last edited by Gwendaline; 05-25-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add Voxed and Ob1 n nerdle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

First off, two points:
    1) Love the thread title.
    2) Love the thread attitude.

Second, before we consider prices, we have to consider irl prices for plat. Exchange rate goes down (or up, depending on how you look at it) as you buy more, which is good. Here's the list (rounded to the nearest cent):
    5p - $.20/p
    30p - $.17/p
    75p - $.13/p
    165p - $.12/p
    300p - $.10/p
    800p - $.06/p

I've bought 30p and 75p. So I've paid an average of about $.14/p for $15.

Second:
    - Sales
    Not sure what you mean by this, as all things are sales, right? On to the next one.
    - Consumables
    By this I'm pretty sure you mean elixirs. Since you can pay g for these, no complaints here. I mean really, if you can pay ANY amount of g for anything instead of just p, it's awesome.
    - Item Packs
    I've never bought an item pack, but I have bought various single items before, just because I wanted a good weapon at a low level. My warrior still has his lvl 5 flaming axe, and he's like lvl 13. So for those fairly good items, I'd say good prices. Since I bought it (and I'm fairly stingy with my money, only spent $15 total on PL so far), I'd say it's good for those who are willing to pay the 2p for a good wep. I mean, with my $ to p rate, I got a good weapon for only 24 cents. Well worth it, imo.
    - Dungeon Packs
    idk. I mean, I've bought the two combo packs since that was before the 4 combo pack came out, and I'm fine with that. Still haven't bought swamps, since my main is only lvl 22. But I mean, 10p per scenario is only about $1.43. AKA INSANELY CHEAP. I'm fine with paying that.
    - PvP Packs
    Ditto, only $1.43 per 6-pack. Fine with that.
    - Respecs
    5p is a little much for a single respec, imo. But I do like the 10p for 5, so that's good.
    - Character Slots
    5p is fine.
    - Gold
    Never bought any, so can't say.
    - Inventory/ stash
    5 Stash slots is fine for transfers. Idk about buying extra slots for items though. :|
    - Vanity Items
    OMG DO ITTTTTTTTT I would totally buy like a keyblade or something like that.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its actually $1.33 per campaign pack. I think?... I do agree with that price. I also believe that is the only thing we should have to pay for with cash money. If pets are incorporated into game play, I would be willing to pay for those as well. So far I have bought just about one of everything including an extra 75 plat just in case something amazing happens Like Angel wings.. or something like that. Maybe a tiny pterodactyl that follows me everywhere and has a tiny "rawr" and grows with experience to eventually have a giant 'RAWRR" or "SQUAK"..... just saying. But I don't want to spend anymore of my plat on things that should be purchased strictly with gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow- there are such great ideas here!

I bought the pvp pack & didn't mind paying for it at all...I would have been happier to get 3x3 and 5x5 both for 10P since I already own the campaigns. Maybe a premium price for new campaigns could include all the maps for the campaign? But, still the price was fine

And vanity items? Lol I'll pay a few plat for a pet accessory or a Santa hat. I LOVE the Ursan Warlord armor on my enchantress so maybe masks/face paint? My characters represent me out there playing, right? I'd love to be able to individualize my characters. And a cool weapon w great stats?
    2P each?
    I'm in...

Imagine my shock this evening to find out my hubby has bought weapons & garb w plat! He's a diehard gamer. I swear when each Halo comes out, I have to stand in front of the tv to see his face! Lol Same for when an expansion pack for Warcraft comes out.
    So...he's in for vanity items too... And weapons/garb

I'm a such newbie. I know plenty about guilds from books I read. Terry Pratchett anyone? But I know zero about guilds and gaming I asked my hubby. He feels very strongly that guilds are an essential element of a complex and long-lasting game and that as an essential element they should be free. Note: like me, he's fine w purchasing pvp maps for 10P. As for me- I need a guild tutor. I'll pay 10P. Lol

I figured the steep 50P cost to change a name was to deter scammers. It makes sense to me.

JustG- thanks for all you're doing...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink Smart people make me happy

Ty Furry You are such a sweetie!!! I'm glad that your post set things off. I am too raw and devilish. My words usually give people the creeps. Without your post we would have never came this far. I will go delete mine now :"> The ideas in this post should give the devs some more ideas to toss around. Yes hopefully I will get my wings. Red ones pls, and a white thong to wear. Under my cloak of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you, Gwen, for saying such kind things.
    You have to delete a post? I'm sorry if I posted a thread if you had one up already! I'm sorry
    ooh- wings- cool idea!
    A seraphim or nephilim enchantress?

I definitely think that there are lots of great ideas here...
    The devs are happy. The players are happy. Win-Win.
    And I confess, that when I bought my pvp 3x3 maps today, my first thought was I bought JustG five bites of a Bananas Foster dessert. Lol because of the devs needing to eat
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought 3x3 and 5x5 but they are soo laggy that I cannot even move. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. I agree with you about the guilds being free. Or at least for them to be available by purchase with gold. There are some things that just should not cost. All these nicks and dimes add up ya know. But yea the wings.. Ill buy the wings, and the Pterosaur or Pterodactyl.

I am sure the devs eat better than I do. I'm broke. The 5x5 crippled me. Literally.. I couldn't move..... Bahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Gavry, Demarrer, Voxed, & Flaimdude- wow... You had such great specifics... It was like brainstorming to the infinite power!

I, too, don't want to purchase gold- I want to earn it...
    I love the quest idea... Adding a more cerebral element... Plus, challenging us with tasks to accomplish adds interest...

Gwen-
    Love the dinosaur idea. I think I'd like a Saurolophus - like Ducky in Land Before Time
    Actually, I'd pay for an animal companion- ESP maybe an animal that can enhance a certain skill I prefer to use...

A cheetah that attacks with me when I use my lightning.
    A polar bear that helps shield me when I use frostbite.
    A Phoenix that attacks for me when I revive someone.
    I'd happily pay for something like that. Honestly, I'd prob purchase an animal for each of my three characters

JustG-
    Thank you for giving us the option of buying the new elixirs w plat or gold. I really liked having the gold option. Thank you!
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-26-2010 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the game and think you guys are doing some ground breaking things for mobile devices. However, I do want to provide some input here from my own thoughts and what I seem to be picking up from other players.

First off, I think most people are agreeing that we would rather pay 5 dollars for a new campaign package all features included. I do sometimes feel nickeled and dimed as things progress. It's like we are paying to test a program, as we are throwing out more and more money at every update. We started out as paying per step and now we are paying per breath.
    I think some people felt as though paying higher prices were acceptable in the beggining because they thought they were making an investment in the game towards future expected core features (for example a stash or pvp etc)
    Basically, core features should be expected, not luxuries we pay for.
    I realize this would be difficult to imediatly implement, but is def something to look into. Perhaps as of a certain campaign this could be implemented?
    I feel as though you are charging your current players more and more, forcing them out, and scarring newer players off faster and faster.

YES most other mmo's are much more expensive then the 99 cent average app, but 50-60 dollars is more than half the price of some of our devices! That Alienware computer you are playing on is worth 1500 dollars vs a 100 dollar iPhone.

I am discouraged to get online and see the community dwindling... And by dwindling I literally mean dwindling. Fnord now consitantly rests around 30 people online.

Spacetime, give us a donate link and I'm sure some may like to donate. But please don't suffocate the community with prices scaring off users.
    Name Change is a unique situation with pricing. If it is cheap, people will grief, change identities and grief again. Think about it in terms of all the recent scamming. If a name change was easy the scammers would never gain a poor reputation since they could shed their skin like a snake's.

Our experience has shown that we need to offer the service for those really in need, but make it a luxury item so folks don't abuse the anonymity and identity change that comes with it.
    Could this be solved with a universal account? Remove annonymous-ivity. Register users to Their pl account, this could also be useful where my characters are usually friends with the same people.

On a side note... Don't we have secure trade now
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)