Thread: Which is better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Talking Which is better?

I heard ppl saying how good is the customized raid set becoz of the cri and h/s regen
    But I compared raid roach set and the customized raid roach, I think raid roach is better because of the great diff in the damage . As u can see customized has a base cri of 48 whereas raid only hav 43(correct me if I'm wrong) there is only a diff of 5 cri(which make no diff). Can anyone post their comment on this?

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

well maybe that 5 will make a differentce.. i dont know.. either its just the thing to do.. but i truly think customized is better.. even though i dont have anything cuztomized i have 3 recipes im working on.. btw where are the best places to get elements for the recipe?
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I will take 5 crit plus all the extra bonuses from the custom recurve set all day over 18 damage.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I will take 5 crit plus all the extra bonuses from the custom recurve set all day over 18 damage.
    x2
    /10

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wbto-Angeluscustos View Post
    well maybe that 5 will make a differentce.. i dont know.. either its just the thing to do.. but i truly think customized is better.. even though i dont have anything cuztomized i have 3 recipes im working on.. btw where are the best places to get elements for the recipe?
    The only way to obtain level 55 crafting elements is by completing the daily quests.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

By a simple math real DMG is = DMG * (1 + crit /100); for a base damage of 300 DPS a 5% more crit lead to a 315 DPS. Moreover, Crit applies also to skills damage by the same formula.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Idk about all the math and all that but ive used both sets and imo i do more dmg full roach. That being said keep your hp pots fully stocked cause u will most certainly be drawning aggro from everything, and possibly tanking the boss if u spam dmg. If your a "pure dmg" type bird give roach a go.
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waterrforest View Post
    I heard ppl saying how good is the customized raid set becoz of the cri and h/s regen
    But I compared raid roach set and the customized raid roach, I think raid roach is better because of the great diff in the damage . As u can see customized has a base cri of 48 whereas raid only hav 43(correct me if I'm wrong) there is only a diff of 5 cri(which make no diff). Can anyone post their comment on this?
    Take it from me, who had a Raid Roach Recurve Set, crafted it to Customized, used it for a couple of days, sold it, went back to his spare RR Recurve Set, MISSED how much the difference the critical made (H/S is nice, but my playstyle requires that I spam pots like it's free) only to then buy up recipes to craft it to Customized. I really notice a huge difference in my skill combos. I'm not a stats person, but mobs definitely go down much quicker. The costs and trouble to craft a set may not be justified for many players, but I've found my happy place again.

Wow...my elementary school teacher would have a field day on my a** if she saw what a run-on sentence I wrote up there...
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

My bird is absolutely a pure damage type bird and I've used both sets for a fair amount of time. I like my custom set quite a bit better. Doing enough damage has never been a problem with my custom set considering the only thing that seems to be able to keep aggro off of me during boss fights is a very good bear with a raid roach or customized recurve set of his own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I absolutely obliterate the mobs in Hideout with my Custom Recurve Set. It was definetly worth the 2.4mil. ;D
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    By a simple math real DMG is = DMG * (1 + crit /100); for a base damage of 300 DPS a 5% more crit lead to a 315 DPS. Moreover, Crit applies also to skills damage by the same formula.
    This is correct because all a crit does is double your damage. If you average 300 damage for 100 shots with a 5% crit, you will do 31500 damage. If you instead have 18 more damage, over 100 hits you will do 31800 damage. This means 18 damage > 5% crit for attacking in that instance.

It does not take into account skill damage. The difference is more pronounced with lower overall damage per skill/hit, and not as pronounced with higher damage per hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

ALL THIS MATH IS SCARY!
    ok 5 crit isnt going to make much of a difference because you will be taking more damage and the crit that you do hit which is still a ton will be double damage thus doubling the damage difference between the two
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

This is how I compared rr to custom some time ago. We killed king and queen over and over again. First, with a group of really good birds (3), and 2 mages. We timed every run. Later I did the same, again with the same mages, only this time we were 3 birds wearing custom instead of RR.

Unfortunately I don't have the exact numbers anymore, but we did about 10 runs with each group. In all the runs, k&q died faster with custom set. Not by much, but clearly faster. That was the point when I was convinced custom is better than regular roach, and also the reason I decided to sell my regular set. If anybody wants to test this out again sometime, feel free to add my bird. It would really surprise me if the results would be any different. Keep in mind these were all good players who knew how to deal dmg in the most effective way.

I'm not sure about mob clearing, as we didn't really timed that, but it 'felt' faster too. Although that could've all been in my head

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!