Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vain Glory .. is it better than CoC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I have played a few other MOBAs. The things I like most about CoC is no minions, no leveling up in a match, no gear and 5 min games.

I would like an option later to play longer games but for now jumping on and playing a 5 min game while waiting for a doctors appointment is awesome.

CoC will also be an easy game for new comers to pick up and adapt to easily. Ppl won't be staring at the store trying to figure out what to buy. And what skills to level. You just jump in, read your skills and kill (for the most part)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I have played a few other MOBAs. The things I like most about CoC is no minions, no leveling up in a match, no gear and 5 min games.
    This is what sorta disappoints me. Because of this, I feel that CoC has a much lower skillcap than Vainglory, in other words, it would require more skill to play Vainglory. I have played both games and what I really like in Vainglory (and the majority of other moba's) is that there are many objectives to the game. In CoC, basically the main and only objective is to destroy opposing team's towers which eventually will lead to destroying the base. However, in Vainglory and LoL and other successful moba's, there's more to it than that. As you mentioned Hali, there's the Kraken and even mining camps which empower your laning minions. LoL has dragons and barons if any of you are familiar with that. But CoC, the only other add-on would be the power-ups (as of right now, at least). However the power-ups are not, let's say, a huge "game changer" as compared to the other objectives in the other game such as getting baron or the kraken. Then again, this is just my opinion of what a typical moba would consist of. There are still many +'s in CoC that aren't found in any other moba's which I haven't discussed but you get the jist of what I'm trying to say I hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post

I would like an option later to play longer games but for now jumping on and playing a 5 min game while waiting for a doctors appointment is awesome.

CoC will also be an easy game for new comers to pick up and adapt to easily. Ppl won't be staring at the store trying to figure out what to buy. And what skills to level. You just jump in, read your skills and kill (for the most part)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, but when you remove the leveling, items, and minions, you remove a lot of options to use and remove a lot of diversity, thats why Vainglory games are always different everytime.

I barely stay in the store reading what they do, thats what the acedemy in VG is for (Teaches you all the items and what they do).

COC is more of a game thats easy to pick up and probably more focused on skill shots for more hardcore gameplay. COC is probably gonna be more like MMO pvp except with tons of characters and much more diverse stats, objectives, and boosts.
    I'm also very curious to see how the orb works, the unique factor that seems pretty cool to me atleast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    I don't like to say this, especially on the STS forums, but right now, Vainglory is much more polished than CoC.
    This isn't really fair to say, considering that Vainglory has been out for more than a year while CoC is still in Alpha testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Yes, but when you remove the leveling, items, and minions, you remove a lot of options to use and remove a lot of diversity, thats why Vainglory games are always different everytime.

I barely stay in the store reading what they do, thats what the acedemy in VG is for (Teaches you all the items and what they do).

COC is more of a game thats easy to pick up and probably more focused on skill shots for more hardcore gameplay. COC is probably gonna be more like MMO pvp except with tons of characters and much more diverse stats, objectives, and boosts.
    I'm also very curious to see how the orb works, the unique factor that seems pretty cool to me atleast.
    The opposite seems to hold true for me. Every game in VG I see the same heroes and builds being played, almost all games are the same every time. In CoC, however, I see different champions being played almost every game, with each player having multiple champions they enjoy playing (for me: Cinder, Magmatus, Bjorn).

CoC is definitely more focused on skill shots though, often if you miss one, you lose the fight.
    Last edited by Hahahahabirdy; 07-08-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hahahahabirdy View Post
    This isn't really fair to say, considering that Vainglory has been out for more than a year while CoC is still in Alpha testing.

The opposite seems to hold true for me. Every game in VG I see the same heroes and builds being played, almost all games are the same every time. In CoC, however, I see different champions being played almost every game, with each player having multiple champions they enjoy playing (for me: Cinder, Magmatus, Bjorn).

CoC is definitely more focused on skill shots though, often if you miss one, you lose the fight.
    Idk how you're seeing the same heroes and items, because I am Tier 9 in vainglory (Second to last Tier) and i see different builds and heroes almost every single game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Idk how you're seeing the same heroes and items, because I am Tier 9 in vainglory (Second to last Tier) and i see different builds and heroes almost every single game.
    I am tier 11, and I rarely see the majority of the available heroes. Sure there are 16 available, but so many of them are almost never played at high ELOs (SAW, Petal, Ardan, Celeste, Adagio). When those heroes (or any heroes) are used, however, the build almost always follows the same path, with few exceptions. There is no way you are seeing different builds every game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I am tier 11, and I rarely see the majority of the available heroes. Sure there are 16 available, but so many of them are almost never played at high ELOs (SAW, Petal, Ardan, Celeste, Adagio). When those heroes (or any heroes) are used, however, the build almost always follows the same path, with few exceptions. There is no way you are seeing different builds every game.
    There is no tier 11.

I know this isn't fair to say. I think further down the post I said that I expected STS to match VG's polish once it's out of Alpha.

I'm going to reiterate once again that making comparisons between the two is not only hard, but wrong, because although they are both mobile MOBAs, they aim to do completely different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    There is no tier 11.

I know this isn't fair to say. I think further down the post I said that I expected STS to match VG's polish once it's out of Alpha.

I'm going to reiterate once again that making comparisons between the two is not only hard, but wrong, because although they are both mobile MOBAs, they aim to do completely different things.
    Yes there is, for I am tier 11. Pinnacle of Simply Vainglorious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

There was a game called bloodline champions that is pretty much dead, check out the gameplay. Seems like CoC is a mobile version of it
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>