Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vain Glory .. is it better than CoC?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dchar7 View Post
    +Magic sword . If you want to learn as much as you can about coc before it's realised i suggest you subscribe to Callofchampions on youtube and watch their updated content vlogs for information about the game mechanics and improvements.
    thank u i will definately do this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's No problem. ☺

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dchar7 View Post
    It's No problem. ☺
    i got a link to beta or whatevr so i will be starting ssoon i hopr its good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I'll be signing up for the closed beta, i really want to experience the game itself and see how great it is! I'll expect it to be very fun as its really based on skill shots and strategy, and to be disverse with so many champions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Idk if this is necro- too lazy.

I was once a hardcore STS game player, logging more than 2k hours and spending upwards of 1200$ on PL and AL.

When PL was abandoned and Vain came into beta, I started to question STS. Over time, I realized that STS is one of the most selfish, pay-to-win companies I have ever been a customer of. They don't care about their player base, and while they may say they do, their only concern is revenue.

Vainglory requires absolutely no cash to be good at. You can spend nothing and be a top tier player.

Vainglory also has multiple characteristics that make it a viable game, with real PC- quality specs, tournaments, employees from Riot, Blizzard, and more, as well as 26m+ in funding.

I got tired of STS draining my funds and providing the worst customer support I have ever been subject too. They delete anything that doesn't promote their products on their forums, their employees are often jerks, and they don't listen to their player base.

So, I'm sure the poor moderators will delete this quickly and ignore my customer experience.

All I wanted to say was think about whether STS games are worth your time. They waste your money, they have low skill caps and require lots of cash to be good at, and don't scale in the long term. Last time I checked, CoC doesn't have televised tournaments with 100 grand USD rewards. Vainglory does.

Peace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollish View Post

I was once a hardcore STS game player, logging more than 2k hours and spending upwards of 1200$ on PL and AL.

When PL was abandoned and Vain came into beta, I started to question STS. Over time, I realized that STS is one of the most selfish, pay-to-win companies I have ever been a customer of. They don't care about their player base, and while they may say they do, their only concern is revenue.

Vainglory requires absolutely no cash to be good at. You can spend nothing and be a top tier player.

Vainglory also has multiple characteristics that make it a viable game, with real PC- quality specs, tournaments, employees from Riot, Blizzard, and more, as well as 26m+ in funding.

I got tired of STS draining my funds and providing the worst customer support I have ever been subject too. They delete anything that doesn't promote their products on their forums, their employees are often jerks, and they don't listen to their player base.

So, I'm sure the poor moderators will delete this quickly and ignore my customer experience.

All I wanted to say was think about whether STS games are worth your time. They waste your money, they have low skill caps and require lots of cash to be good at, and don't scale in the long term. Last time I checked, CoC doesn't have televised tournaments with 100 grand USD rewards. Vainglory does.

Peace
    I agree. Vainglory responds in seconds for support, everything is achievable with glory (even skins). No pay to win aspect, much more refined but I still play coc because it's fun.
    I only moved onto vain after they abandoned PL. But Cinco updated it again but still, I just like vainglory.
    And I have also spent a phenomal amount of time into vain now, and reached a pretty competitive skill tier.
    Only thing that isn't available for glory is the one time never re occurring Halloween skins which will disappear soon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oculus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Peace
    I can tell you haven't even touched CoC. Coming from myself who has played AL ($$ demanding), CoC is a whole new game. It's literally free to play!

You shouldn't expect too much out of a game that only came out (Apple only) a few weeks ago. Give it some time to grow. How long did it take VG?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

So... Sts copied vani glory or Vani copied sts? Seems like these games are same, except the characters and maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I can tell you haven't even touched CoC. Coming from myself who has played AL ($$ demanding), CoC is a whole new game. It's literally free to play!

You shouldn't expect too much out of a game that only came out (Apple only) a few weeks ago. Give it some time to grow. How long did it take VG?
    Your kidding me right? As soon as you get into the game your spammed with requests to purchase some bullsh&t subscription or buy heroes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mucsi View Post
    So... Sts copied vani glory or Vani copied sts? Seems like these games are same, except the characters and maps
    STS copied Vainglory. Just like they did with all of their clash of clans rip offs. They don't make games, they rip off other people's games, and rip them off horribly at that. CoC is light years away of being even slightly competitive with Vainglory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I have no play vainglory yet, but some tallents in CoC tastes like Mastery pages / rune pages in LoL. It's normal about taking good stuff from a game to make it better in other game. Just imagine how LoL can be something without taking anything from Dota or other games.

Sent from my Andromax-c using Tapatalk
    R E T I R E D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vawaid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post

AL is f2p too! I got my mari,Arcane ring and i'm on my way to Planar Pendant without spending money in it!

I haven't tried VainGlory,but i tried CoC, and i wasn't too impressed.The game feels kinda repetitive and there aren't many heroes to play with.I mean,every match i played had a Seraphina on BOTH teams.But yeah i'd give it a few months to grow.Nobody is born Chuck Norris, except Chuck Norris.

And about the battle games- biggest failure this company has ever done.They only made them to not give a duck about them.And everybody knows that trying to make a Clash of Clans ripoff may give you a lot of hate.This coming from a former Clasher.

Back to AL: this game has to revive from a very depressing year.The game had its highest level of p2w-ness in the 6 month stalemate,but after the worst expansion ever (sorry i had to say that), the game had its highest level of f2p-ness since the first seasons.It also had bad events,and game balance is really non-existent.It is f2p,but if there's no balance,then it has no meaning.

I'd like to see how many butts will be slammed by the ban-hammer in this thread XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    AL is f2p too! I got my mari,Arcane ring and i'm on my way to Planar Pendant without spending money in it!

I haven't tried VainGlory,but i tried CoC, and i wasn't too impressed.The game feels kinda repetitive and there aren't many heroes to play with.I mean,every match i played had a Seraphina on BOTH teams.But yeah i'd give it a few months to grow.Nobody is born Chuck Norris, except Chuck Norris.

And about the battle games- biggest failure this company has ever done.They only made them to not give a duck about them.And everybody knows that trying to make a Clash of Clans ripoff may give you a lot of hate.This coming from a former Clasher.

Back to AL: this game has to revive from a very depressing year.The game had its highest level of p2w-ness in the 6 month stalemate,but after the worst expansion ever (sorry i had to say that), the game had its highest level of f2p-ness since the first seasons.It also had bad events,and game balance is really non-existent.It is f2p,but if there's no balance,then it has no meaning.

I'd like to see how many butts will be slammed by the ban-hammer in this thread XD
    Exactly, they think they can solve everything with a ban hammer and more in app purchases.

Hey, they can ban me all they want. Besides, they showed us how good their banning capabilities were back when we had our lovely psychic relationship fixing voodoo spammer months ago right? They sure got rid of him fast (kappa).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Exactly, they think they can solve everything with a ban hammer and more in app purchases.

Hey, they can ban me all they want. Besides, they showed us how good their banning capabilities were back when we had our lovely psychic relationship fixing voodoo spammer months ago right? They sure got rid of him fast (kappa).
    I'm sorry. I sincerely pity you. I've wasted thousands on AL in the past but I'm not sitting here bching about sts. If you think VG is way better and CoC is just a copy, by all means just go and play VG. I'll be over at CoC enjoying myself. Good day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Vainglory is the swizzle to the grizzle. It's a really great game

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord