Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vain Glory .. is it better than CoC?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default Vain Glory .. is it better than CoC?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Vainglory is vainglory and CoC is CoC, they aren't same just because they are fall under MOBA zonar and both for iOS & Android. I have not play Vainglory though but let me tell you the concept of both.

The concept of CoC is optimized for mobile devices and casual gamers, mobile gaming is itself a casual gaming platform if we consider the most, it's like you have school but before that you got 10 mins to play you probably would not choose a game where you need strong attention rather a casual game and something you can finish quickly not only that it takes much more less time to understand the game itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    Vainglory is vainglory and CoC is CoC, they aren't same just because they are fall under MOBA zonar and both for iOS & Android. I have not play Vainglory though but let me tell you the concept of both.

The concept of CoC is optimized for mobile devices and casual gamers, mobile gaming is itself a casual gaming platform if we consider the most, it's like you have school but before that you got 10 mins to play you probably would not choose a game where you need strong attention rather a casual game and something you can finish quickly not only that it takes much more less time to understand the game itself.
    Give it a try, it is really good. I tried to play other mobile moba games like Witcher Arena, Heroes of Order and Chaos, but the lack of tutorials, lack of knowledge about the game made me die many times. Vain Glory got a tons of sample videos about item tree, skills, characters etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Give it a try, it is really good. I tried to play other mobile moba games like Witcher Arena, Heroes of Order and Chaos, but the lack of tutorials, lack of knowledge about the game made me die many times. Vain Glory got a tons of sample videos about item tree, skills, characters etc.
    LOL, This is not a perfect place to discuss how good some outsider games are, but it would be more adequate comparing with coc. I am not a fan of MOBA but PvP attracts me if it's good, I've Heroes of Storm installed in my PC, hardly play. My game play depends more on scopes of making gameplay videos at this moment, that's what my main priority. I'd install vainglory only if it would be new but it was already in iOS for long time and even it passed a good time on android beta, I'm referring this cuz I've some theories to choose which game to choose to make gameplay videos.

I wanna clarify that, when I was talking about all the things about CoC in my previous post, I was not referring myself rather I was referring to the whole mobile gamers community
    Last edited by Waug; 07-01-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    LOL, This is not a perfect place to discuss how good some outsider games are, but it would be more adequate comparing with coc. I am not a fan of MOBA but PvP attracts me if it's good, I've Heroes of Storm installed in my PC, hardly play. My game play depends more on scopes of making gameplay videos at this moment, that's what my main priority. I'd install vainglory only if it would be new but it was already in iOS for long time and even it passed a good time on android beta, I'm referring this cuz I've some theories to choose which game to choose to make gameplay videos.

I wanna clarify that, when I was talking about all the things about CoC in my previous post, I was not referring myself rather I was referring to the whole mobile gamers community
    I think its good to discuss here what do you like in other moba games, which feature they got and which one you want to implement in CoC, so you need to try out the rival games too. Eg.: if you pre-register now on android till july2 in vainglory, then you receive a free Taka character, something similar would be good in CoC too.

Vainglory is not fully released to android now, so its new.
    Last edited by Haligali; 07-01-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

If you ask me, CoC is way better. Just my opinion.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iheybeautiful View Post
    If you ask me, CoC is way better. Just my opinion.
    This warms my heart

Very curious why you think so!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This warms my heart

Very curious why you think so!
    Why I think so?
    The gameplay is so intense in a 5 minute match, not a second to spare. I also like how you all made a detailed story to every champ. I'm not familiar with MOBA, so I didn't know much about it, but with coc it's very easy to learn everything, I can see you really worked hard on it, thank you! I love it, i'd give it a 5 star rating

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Iheybeautiful For This Useful Post:

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We noticed yesterday that VG is~2.1 gigs, while Champs is still under 100 megs 0.o
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

both are good, i just read this in other alpha project moba

forums.hosgame.com/forum/main-forum/4327-another-moba

their opinion about CoC and other moba
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I think CoC is much more refined in design and is definitely taking a more innovative role as a mobile MOBA.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Ok, after a 'few' plays,

pros:
    -very high quality graphic, it looks like a pc game
    -minions look cool
    -kraken is awesome
    -if you choose a character, then noone can choose that one in your team, so you are forced to try out different characters (i think its different in CoC?)
    -lots of items to choose
    -europe server, zero lag

cons:
    -1:15 min waiting, till finding a match. After game found, all 6 players must accept also the game.
    -long gameplay: 20-30 min average. Even if your teammates do nothing, you can surrender only after 15 min and they need to accept it too. I tried even close app, but this is a server sided game, i was in the same game after starting the app again. No matter what, you need to play the full 20-30 minute with bad teammates.. annoying.
    -earning Glory is extreme slow. Due to the long gameplay, and the small rewards, i reached lvl6 and still got 1 of the 800 glory cheaper characters. I do not want to think about how long will take to earn 6000 glory, which is the average cost of the characters. Not to mention skins etc..
    Last edited by Haligali; 07-03-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Ok, after a 'few' plays,

pros:
    -very high quality graphic, it looks like a pc game
    -minions look cool
    -kraken is awesome
    -if you choose a character, then noone can choose that one in your team, so you are forced to try out different characters (i think its different in CoC?)
    -lots of items to choose
    -europe server, zero lag

cons:
    -1:15 min waiting, till finding a match. After game found, all 6 players must accept also the game.
    -long gameplay: 20-30 min average. Even if your teammates do nothing, you can surrender only after 15 min and they need to accept it too. I tried even close app, but this is a server sided game, i was in the same game after starting the app again. No matter what, you need to play the full 20-30 minute with bad teammates.. annoying.
    -earning Glory is extreme slow. Due to the long gameplay, and the small rewards, i reached lvl6 and still got 1 of the 800 glory cheaper characters. I do not want to think about how long will take to earn 6000 glory, which is the average cost of the characters. Not to mention skins etc..
    pros:
    Graphics is pretty decent for mobile game - very high quality graphic, it looks like a pc game
    There's no minion -minions look cool
    It's small things that is changeable I mean Devs can implement it-if you choose a character, then noone can choose that one in your team, so you are forced to try out different characters (i think its different in CoC?)
    No Item, Only Champions and Talent Unlcok -lots of items to choose
    STS server is one of the best, there's hardly server issues unless overload rarely-europe server, zero lag

cons:
    No waiting, even if there's no real player, System will assign auto Bots to play with, even someone get Dis connected, bot will take his/her place and after getting DC you login and previous game is still running, you'll find yourself there to finish the match, no waiting, no DC problem, Just continuous intense gameplay no matter what happened there-1:15 min waiting, till finding a match. After game found, all 6 players must accept also the game.
    5 Mins gameplay-long gameplay: 20-30 min average. Even if your teammates do nothing, you can surrender only after 15 min and they need to accept it too. I tried even close app, but this is a server sided game, i was in the same game after starting the app again. No matter what, you need to play the full 20-30 minute with bad teammates.. annoying.
    Economy is not clear in Coc yet, but that hardly matter as you can still enjoy the game-earning Glory is extreme slow. Due to the long gameplay, and the small rewards, i reached lvl6 and still got 1 of the 800 glory cheaper characters. I do not want to think about how long will take to earn 6000 glory, which is the average cost of the characters. Not to mention skins etc..

Call of Champions is based on core MOBA, no minions, no big map, no maps I mean only one map, Small time matches totally focused on Competitive gaming rather focused on Graphics & long Maps, You choose Champ, you choose frnds, You Fight, matter is you win or not, how much you performed in this mobile eSports that's the spirit of Call of Champions.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-03-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I forgot to mention, there is only 3 skills on each character in vain glory and the last one can unlocked later, so it's more focused on items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I have played a few other MOBAs. The things I like most about CoC is no minions, no leveling up in a match, no gear and 5 min games.

I would like an option later to play longer games but for now jumping on and playing a 5 min game while waiting for a doctors appointment is awesome.

CoC will also be an easy game for new comers to pick up and adapt to easily. Ppl won't be staring at the store trying to figure out what to buy. And what skills to level. You just jump in, read your skills and kill (for the most part)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I have played a few other MOBAs. The things I like most about CoC is no minions, no leveling up in a match, no gear and 5 min games.
    This is what sorta disappoints me. Because of this, I feel that CoC has a much lower skillcap than Vainglory, in other words, it would require more skill to play Vainglory. I have played both games and what I really like in Vainglory (and the majority of other moba's) is that there are many objectives to the game. In CoC, basically the main and only objective is to destroy opposing team's towers which eventually will lead to destroying the base. However, in Vainglory and LoL and other successful moba's, there's more to it than that. As you mentioned Hali, there's the Kraken and even mining camps which empower your laning minions. LoL has dragons and barons if any of you are familiar with that. But CoC, the only other add-on would be the power-ups (as of right now, at least). However the power-ups are not, let's say, a huge "game changer" as compared to the other objectives in the other game such as getting baron or the kraken. Then again, this is just my opinion of what a typical moba would consist of. There are still many +'s in CoC that aren't found in any other moba's which I haven't discussed but you get the jist of what I'm trying to say I hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I don't like to say this, especially on the STS forums, but right now, Vainglory is much more polished than CoC. However, I find it hard to compare the two, because they aim to do totally different things.

Vainglory is like the equivalent of a mobile clone of LOL with a few DoTA aspects. It's a lot larger scale, a little more intense and has a little more depth.

CoC is aiming to be unique, to innovate the mobile MOBA competitive scene with a combination of casual appeal as well as simulating the rush of close and quick matches. Right now it's in Alpha, and certainly not as polished as Vainglory, nor do I expect it to be yet. When it's a more finished product, I think it can challenge VG in terms of graphics, intensity etc. Been having trouble finding time to play, but the tournaments they're doing make CoC pretty fun. Wish I could log on a bit more.

Let me reiterate that this is comparing apples to oranges...they try to do different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Though I have never played VainGlory, I've played Heroes of Order and Chaos. So I'll compare CoC to HOC

MAPS

In HOC, long matches and large maps mean:
    • Less currency earned per match (due to match times)
    • Less xp earned per match
    • A large walk to get from one point to another (aka you will be walking more than actually fighting)
    • There's so much STUFF in the store, making players wanting to Shop more than actually Fight
    • If a player leaves in HOC, their character stays there, taking up extra room on their team, all while helping the enemy team win

In CoC, smaller maps and limited match times mean:
    • Less walking, more fighting
    • 5 minutes per match means every second is valuable
    • Limited time --> Increased match portability (such as saying, if you had a 5-10 minute break, and wanted to play a MOBA, but didn't want it to last over 10 minutes)
    • 5 minutes per match means faster gold/xp earning (Not yet a valid point since we haven't tested CoC Economy yet)
    • If a teammate leaves/is disconnected, a bot automatically plays for them, until that teammate returns.

IN-MAP ITEMS

In HOC, minions and shops mean:
    • More shopping, less fighting
    • Waiting for minions to come, to help kill towers
    • Kills are more determined based on items rather than skill

In CoC, not adding shops, and replacing minions with orbs mean:
    • Kills are determined based on skill (of using that character), and Talent setups
    • More fighting/action, less needing to shop/wait to earn enough gold, to fight enemies.
    • With orbs, teams are not only fighting a PvP (or PvB) match, but are also at the same time playing a reversed "Tug-Of-War" with the enemy team

Thats all I can think of for now.

Bottom Line: Personally, I like Call of Champions, rather than other Mobile MOBAs, because it is unique and different from other MOBAs. But though it lacks some aspects of other MOBAs, it makes up by adding its own ideas. And in my opinion, it is a more "lightweight" MOBA due to the <100MB size
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 07-05-2015 at 06:03 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I hate the fact in vainglory you've got to buy stuff every match to level up whereas in coc you can level a class/character and it will keep its level and perks. The only problem is I find both games very tedious but that might be because I'm a massive fan of the legends games due to having so many things to do.

Saying that I've only really played against bots in coc so maybe more games agasint other alpha players might make it much more interesting. It's alpha so it's only early days in development so I'm am very interested to what else is implemented in champs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think its similar like comparing AL pvp, tdm vs ctf. Tdm is short and can play any free time, even in a 5 min work break, a very intesive gameplay, if you go in tdm, you expect to kill or be killed, i even kill my friends there. But I always had my great pvp moments in the long ctf guild clashes.