Thread: Rebuilding the town should not hinder Elites...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Rebuilding the town should not hinder Elites...

Hello STG,

First off, I would like to say that I love the fact that we can build a town. It's awesome! However, when there's new content - people expect to play new content. Currently, the way building works is that one logs on to play KM3. KM3 is something players have played for multiple seasons now and was NOT something people were looking forward to. So now, there is the issue of having to play old content which players have already played thousands of times over just to play the new content.

Since the object is to build the town, I do not see why the new elites and leveling should be barred. We, the players, can build the town by running the new elite maps!

I may be incorrect and I do not wish to hammer STG, but this is just a potential issue that I am seeing. Bringing player base back only to have them find out that they have to run KM3 in order to enjoy new content has seemed to lower many player's interest that I have spoken with.

Questions? Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-01-2015 at 01:09 PM. Reason: grammar
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I would like to see a new normal-level tomb in nordr or tindirin similar to KM3, WT4, KT4, etc. New environment, but similar idea. Split the loot in all the levels, but increase the difficulty after each level, but make it so those who are poorly geared with a party can still complete these maps. And also, add more questlines that could reward XP. Having the crates drop only in the final level as well.

So basically, tomb-style farming is the most popular, so why not expand on that?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello STG,

First off, I would like to say that I love the fact that we can build a town. It's awesome! However, when there's new content - people expect to play new content. Currently, the way building works is that one logs on to play KM3. KM3 is something players have played for multiple seasons now and was NOT something people were looking forward to. So now, there is the issue of having to play old content which players have already played thousands of times over just to play the new content.

Since the object is to build the town, I do not see why the new elites and leveling should be barred. We, the players, can build the town by running the new elite maps!

I may be incorrect and I do not wish to hammer STG, but this is just a potential issue that I am seeing. Bringing player base back only to have them find out that they have to run KM3 in order to enjoy new content has seemed to lower many player's interest that I have spoken with.

I think its just to buy them time and spread the new stuff over time. Season 6 had delays in elites at the beginning of the season. It's becoming a trend.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You know what I want to see?
    I want to see tombs like the elite Nordr tombs, it was fun xD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pivot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It's just to delay it I think. The crates still don't have fireworks and looks brown and gold. Even at 10k supplies, the bar didn't move 1% They're probably still putting finishing touches on the expansion, but at least they allowed us to lock farm for now. As for km3, it drops locked, but doesnt actually drop supplies. Very few are actually farming supplies.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello STG,

The choice to hinder New elite maps is holding back new elite maps. Nothing to do with the unlock event, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

Once Garetta was returned to its former and bustling splendor, you'll gain access to 3 brand new dungeons: Glintstone Caverns, Cryogem Mines and the Gnomish Ruins. Explore the dungeons, defeat the bosses, collect new loot, and earn XP to reach the new level cap -- 46!

Elite versions of the maps will be released at a later date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHardcore View Post
    The choice to hinder New elite maps is holding back new elite maps. Nothing to do with the unlock event, boss.
    I see. Thanks!

The same concept should be applied though: build town by running new maps, not old ones. :/
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Despite the delay, I for once am glad that there's more attention and focus given to the lore than a "here's the maps, play them". They also need more time to patch up the new content, I assume.

Also, Km3 is unrelated to the event as far as I'm aware; people are running it to farm Ren'gol crates. There are no nodes in tomb maps. The argument about people wanting to play the new maps since the new expansion is finally here is still valid, I'm just making a correction.