Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Concerns regarding Jewel System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default My Concerns regarding Jewel System

Frankly speaking, I don't know what's going on with this system. I consider it as a fail. Why?

Firstly,there are too many kinds of jewels(armor, MP, HP, crit, damage, Int, Dex, Str) and too many jewels needed to craft one ultimate jewel. It results at least 3^7*8=17496 jewels to be farmed to get one noble jewel.

Secondly, there are no reasons for MP, HP and armor jewels to exist if they provide the only stat. Recall what you have done in the old content. Grand reinforced gem provides +5 primary stat and + 25 armor while noble diamond jewel only provides +25.6 armor. Grand necroplis cursed skull provides +70 mana and mana steal on lv 16 gear while noble water jewel only provide +96 mana. Noble nature jewels provide less hp than elondrian gems on lv 41 gear too. They are all drawbacks to the original gems.

Lastly, what will happen to the energy essences when event comes? It will drive players to buy energy either in auction house or with plat because it is even more harder to get one crafted energy. Ursoth event is at the corner. It really needs changes.

They are all my personal opinions. Any constructive discussions are welcomed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

excuse me for a minute, noble jewels can be added to gears that have a minimum level 30. Only gears that are above lv30 can have noble jewels....Lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Agreed. Jewels are a joke. I plan on sticking to gems, especially since a regular fire gem gives 4 on lvl 46 gear, so grand would be 7 or 8. Noble jewels aren't worth the effort. para and eye gems are still by far the best combination. Jewels are a FAIL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

This jewels are actually good! Big leap from the craft first launched. Choices are awesome so much build you can make. IDK about higher levels but jewels are cocococmbo breakerrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm saying that on the same lv gears, old gems provide more boost and require less effort.
    I always loot the Hp, Mp and armor jewels. Those are totally useless to me or to anybody. In the old times, we only can loot dex, int, str essences normally. During event, we may loot two more essences : energy and necropolis essence for example. At most, we can loot 5 kinds of essences previous. Now we have 8 and 3 of them(armor, hp, mp) is totally useless (crit: I just think it's not worth to go for this). So half of the chance we get garbage and we have to repeat 3^7 times to get noble jewel. You get the picture.

My solution is making the armor, hp, mp jewels drop in specific maps or to be looted during specific period and making them able to combine with other jewels so that we can craft something like tarlok gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    This jewels are actually good! Big leap from the craft first launched. Choices are awesome so much build you can make. IDK about higher levels but jewels are cocococmbo breakerrr
    I think hp jewels may be useful at low level pvp but in other circumstances not worth the effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

The primary stat jewels need a much higher drop rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    excuse me for a minute, noble jewels can be added to gears that have a minimum level 30. Only gears that are above lv30 can have noble jewels....Lol
    You didn't get my point. I don't care what level gear the noble jewels can be socketed to. I'm just saying: during old times, we have three primary stat essences and during event we have two more(energy and one specific event essence). So we may have 5 kinds at most. The chance you get one specific essence is 20%. but now we have 8 kinds of jewels and maybe one more jewel (energy) during event. We have lower chance to get what we desire. Moreover the secondary stat jewels(armor, hp, mp, crit maybe) is meaningless. They can be useful when they are able to combine with primary stat jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CYC View Post
    You didn't get my point. I don't care what level gear the noble jewels can be socketed to. I'm just saying: during old times, we have three primary stat essences and during event we have two more(energy and one specific event essence). So we may have 5 kinds at most. The chance you get one specific essence is 20%. but now we have 8 kinds of jewels and maybe one more jewel (energy) during event. We have lower chance to get what we desire. Moreover the secondary stat jewels(armor, hp, mp, crit maybe) is meaningless. They can be useful when they are able to combine with primary stat jewels.
    each map has a high amount chance to X jewel. Tindirin rockhorn has a 50% (full run or halfway) to get you a lightning jewel, while in wilds i solely had to 8 runs to get one...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Better they do a combo jewels like before tarlok gem or reinforce gem than this seperate hp,mana,int etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Why is it that everyone wants to have everything right away, and then when they get everything right away, they complain that they are bored LOL

The idea of jewels is that it will take you months to complete them. Figure that this expansion is probably going to have to last another year just like the last one as STS is no longer going to release new content every 3 months. So they need quests and/or tasks that are going to take all of that time so that players do not get bored. So instead of having to farm for new gear every couple of months, you can farm for new jewels.

And remember one more VERY IMPORTANT thing.... jewels can be removed from one item and added to another. So once you get that +8 jewel, now you can keep using it over and over every time you upgrade your gear. I much prefer this to the old luck based system where every time I got new gear I had to start over with the gem luck process hoping for a grand gem.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

No, your just wrong. Not every map drops every kind of jewel. Or if it does then the drop rate for some are insanely low. Like when i was lvling up my new rogue to 17 i literally only got nature and water jewels, 2 is less than 3 so for all of those maps there is an ever GREATER chance to get an energy essence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

While I like the SYSTEM far more than the jewel system, I can't seem to bring myself to gem my gear with gems (even at the noble level) that are outstripped by better types of gems (Eyes/Paras/Grand Tarloks.).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

For me I think its better ..because u just need to farm and craft for better stats instead of resocketing every 12 hrs with a low chance to get a grand gem..just my opinion.:-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I don't know why everyone's complaining this new system is way better then gems

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

The system is better but the problem is, the jewels arent better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    The system is better but the problem is, the jewels arent better
    The jewels are not better than a few of the gems. So if you can afford it, sure it's best to fill your gear with para and eye gems, and even reinforced gems if you can manage to get a grand gem. But jewels are better than the regular blood/fire/glacial gems. And soon enough those other gems will be all gone, and then we will be using only jewels.

Yes, these new jewels each only have one single stat. But your gear has a total of 12-18 jewel slots, so you can mix and match to get the same configuration as you would have with gems that had multiple stats per gem.

I think what is bugging people is there is no longer any clear "best" jewel. So just like your skill points, it will be up to you to decide how to configure your jewels. And everyone will be different. So be creative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

results at least 3^7*8=17496 jewels to be farmed to get one noble jewel.

your math is right but also wrong xD. 3^7=1 noble jewel. 3^7*8=8 noble jewel. So it's 17496 jewel to be farmed to get 8 noble jewel ^^

It's only been couple of days lol. Some probably already spend 5-10m just get 1 Noble gem. Which they then don't have to worry about anymore and can use that one noble between all their equip and new equip. but it doesn't end there. If you want a complete noble on all slots of your gears you gonna need 18 piece xD. It's a lot to farm or buy lol, this keep everyone playing and busy doing something and killing something.
    Last edited by twoxc; 07-03-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

21. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Agreed. Jewels are a joke. I plan on sticking to gems, especially since a regular fire gem gives 4 on lvl 46 gear, so grand would be 7 or 8. Noble jewels aren't worth the effort. para and eye gems are still by far the best combination. Jewels are a FAIL.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

LOL

Elon:

Skull:

But tarlok is same:

And eye stats are hidden -.-
    Last edited by Haligali; 07-03-2015 at 12:49 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: