Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improved Economy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Improved Economy?

I just wanted to say that the AL economy has been hugely improved since last week's expansion release.

Many players will notice the declining prices of all the arcane pets and arcane shards. However, what has accompanied them is an increase in the price of farmable items such as vials and bars.

Once before in a discussion I suggested that the most exclusive items in the game should be farmable, but require a really long and difficult grind to get. Much of the feedback I received in that post was that these items would become very common because no matter how hard the grind, tons of players would be willing to do it.

However, that is exactly what improves the game, when tons of players are playing long hours and always farming.

What many of you may have noticed is the inverse pricing relationship that crafting items have within a particular recipe. For example, when the price of an arcane shard drops, the price of the dragonite bar goes up. Why? The arcane ring is still the best ring in the game, so demand for the ring has not changed. So when more shards are on the market, the limiting factor for crafting a ring no longer is the supply of shards, but instead is now the supply of bars. And because these can be farmed, it creates tons of opportunities for any player who is willing to grind to earn a nice amount of gold.

Likewise, the same inverse relationship is seen with the arcane fossil and vials. As plenty of fossils are on the market for sale, the limiting factor for crafting Nekro eggs has become the supply of vials, another item which can be farmed.

So while this will indeed result in more arcane rings and Nekro pets being in circulation, I think it is a good thing for the game!

In the future I would like to see more top tier exclusive items structured in this same way. Let one crafting component come from locked crates, but make them common enough so that the limiting factor for crafting is instead an item that can be farmed, but not easily. Adding new items like this on a regular basis will keep farming alive and well, something that we missed much of the last year.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Totally agree. And thanks sts for thinking of innovative win-win ways of implementing the community''s feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

its best of both worlds right now, while plat users can obtain some plat exclusive items,farmers can still have a decent amount of gold thru farming these vials and dragonite bar and off course rengol crates.
    brick and stones may break my bones but no words can kill me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I must say its worked very well and people are spoilt for choices on where to farm too

So much so I'm probably going to gear my rogue and cap him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Big improvement if I must say, I can see a lot of my guild-mates online now, farming and trading, not just chatting and bard quest. Thank you for the change!!
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

i still wanted that frost singe idea of yours to be implemented....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Agreed. I've actually managed to make some reasonable amounts of gold WITHOUT merching. All you gotta do is farm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It's a good thing. I got the ingredients for crafting Nekro from farming and a little judicious merching.

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I agree with you , this game is supposed to be a free to play , but only the person who spend real money can get good things , then it becomes a pay to win , that hae not many people want to play without but if things could farmear faces as you say with hard work and dedication over time , then many people will want to play , then sales of these objects would be few because they require a great effort, but the truth is that nothing will change , because the game is more focused on people want to spend their money in real life to be the best no matter the people who do not spend money.
    Last edited by Bidiel; 07-06-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bidiel View Post
    I agree with you , this game is supposed to be a free to play , but only the person who spend real money can get good things , then it becomes a pay to win , that hae not many people want to play without but if things could farmear faces as you say with hard work and dedication over time , then many people will want to play , then sales of these objects would be few because they require a great effort, but the truth is that nothing will change , because the game is more focused on people want to spend their money in real life to be the best no matter the people who do not spend money.
    If you made this claim a few months ago, I'd have more sympathy, but it's really easy to make gold now. Here's a hint. Instead of opening the locks you loot, sell them. It's very lucrative.

Or you can farm dragonite bars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bidiel View Post
    Have you seen the crazy amounts of gold people have been making off of farming locks...
    I know people who are making close to 1m a day....
    Personally, I am finally seeing my gold bank grow quite considerably....
    I think that pay users who are unwilling to farm have barely any edge over players farming....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Have you seen the crazy amounts of gold people have been making off of farming locks...
    I know people who are making close to 1m a day....
    Personally, I am finally seeing my gold bank grow quite considerably....
    I think that pay users who are unwilling to farm have barely any edge over players farming....
    ikr and that is really good cause now we can get some of gold and buy cheapper things like the arcane shard only for 2.5-3.5m XD and try hard to get the drag bar XD that is really good thing cause farmers can get now good gears :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

o true
    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Spot on... the game is in a better place right now that it has been for a long time. For the first time ever people are very much not rushing to cap but preferring to take it slower and make the most of the farming opportunities.

Everyone is so excited about the prospect that these items are within reach that they have become majorly active... if the economy stays in a similar state I think a lot more players will remain active even after the "expansion hype" wears off in a couple of months.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    I must say its worked very well and people are spoilt for choices on where to farm too

So much so I'm probably going to gear my rogue and cap him
    Teach me how to get a male rogue please

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Im seeing a lot more people with arcane pet! A good sign that almost everyone have gold to spend so more items will circulate. A good time to sell.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I could not agree more! While couple of weeks ago it was in gc like "T3 three slots for daily" and exceptionally "arena?", now there are so many things to farm that I wish I was an octopus and could run on all my three classes in the same time. Jewels farming, vials farming, Orc tags farming, supply farming, teeth farming...

Intentional or not, the increased supply of arcanes was a great idea!!! Couple of millions is still not for everybody but it tremendously increased motivation of many to farm.

I hope those crazy prices will never return. And I dare to guess that the astronomic prices were not just due to scarcity as many famous hoarders and market manipulators stated. I think now many shards and fossils appeared on the market that were former just kept in the pockets of some to make them look "scarce".

Good job STS!!! I thank you on behalf of all our hard-working guildies that are now surrounded by arcane circle followed by a white-green dragon!!!
    Last edited by KingMartin; 07-07-2015 at 04:41 PM.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Yes, this was the way the economy should have been right from the get go and not just a few players with 200m own the best items. I for one have been farming hard these last few days in whatever generates gold!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    I could not agree more! While couple of weeks ago it was in gc like "T3 three slots for daily" and exceptionally "arena?", now there are so many things to farm that I wish I was an octopus and could run on all my three classes in the same time. Jewels farming, vials farming, Orc tags farming, supply farming, teeth farming...

Intentional or not, the increased supply of arcanes was a great idea!!! Couple of millions is still not for everybody but it tremendously increased motivation of many to farm.

I hope those crazy prices will never return. And I dare to guess that the astronomic prices were not just due to scarcity as many famous hoarders and market manipulators stated. I think now many shards and fossils appeared on the market that were former just kept in the pockets of some to make them look "scarce".

Good job STS!!! I thank you on behalf of all our hard-working guildies that are now surrounded by arcane circle followed by a white-green dragon!!!
    Keeping players and adding new players to play this game is should be STS priority, income will follow. That why I agree with this new system, keeping price "reasonable" not crazy buyer price.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Exactly what the game needed at exactly the right time, mages are getting more booty calls then rogues now, I am 1/4 away from obtaining an arcane pet (my game goal) and everyone has a fair chance to obtain a good amount of gold without time pressure of a holiday event, I can farm for a few hours everyday instead of grinding for 24 hours on a single day and literally feel the brain cells in me explode.

Well done STS.