Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP is way to unbalanced!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Played a lot of matches last night with Bear and Avian characters versus other Bear and Avian characters. I noticed a fair amount of give-and-take in these exchanges: Avians can blast through Bear armor then chew up their health points quite effectively. Bears (with or without a bow) can shred Avians if they beckon, terrify, mega-slash, etc.

Enchantress, on the other hand, needs a lot of help in both the DPS and Armor departments - even in the role of support (as even with 5 on 5 matches there's a chance of being ganked while all alone). As a result I am developing some additional effects for her 'Blessing' abilities. Although the party-buffs will not be affected, the Enchantress who casts these abilities will take on a serious CRIT and DPS buff from "Blessing of Might" and a big Armor boost from "Blessing of Vitality."

Hopefully have this in for tomorrow's update.

Thanks,

- Cinco
    What about a buff to Nightmare? Have the armor reduction be a percentage and increase the Radius with skill level. Weakness is another skill that improving would go a long way to the survivability / party effectiveness of the Enchantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enchantress aren't THAT bad, they are the weakest class in PvP and I think that gives the perception that they suck-- which I don't think is true.

I also don't agree that the Enchantress class should be pigeonholed into a healer + buffer + debuffer role as some may suggest. I like the flexibility this game provides to play all of the classes differently depending on stat and skill points. I think the developers are on the right track tuning damage, armor, and skills without fundamentally changing the classes as they are now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've played pvp a couple of days ago and it wasn't That fun for mages. I've noticed alot that Enchantresses are the easiest targets for the warriors and archers. Archers can even 1-hit or 2-hit us.. Doesn't take very long for them to kill us >.> our aoe skills aren't that effective with pvp too. I don't think the debuffs are working very well too.It's annoying coz we obviously don't stand a big chance with pvp . We do have heal and buffs but we lose mana quickly as well. Not to mention that we have the lowest dps among the 3 classes which doesn't give us a chance to hit back with bigger damage. I mean Even if I'm wearing all pink items, still the stats of enchantresses aren't promising compared to the others.
    I don't want to say that the other classes are a bit overpowered but enchantresses are, I think the weakest among the three as of the moment. ( I know it also depends with how u use the char but good Stats matters a lot too.

Hope the casting speed of Mages can be increased a bit and the armor/dps as well.:-/ looking forward for the buffs to be improved too. Mages usually own in other online games.~.~
    ENCHANTRESS ROCKS! <3<3 PIWPIW!
    EVANNA/enchantress/LVL 35/ALTERRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evanna<3 View Post
    I've played pvp a couple of days ago and it wasn't That fun for mages. I've noticed alot that Enchantresses are the easiest targets for the warriors and archers. Archers can even 1-hit or 2-hit us.. Doesn't take very long for them to kill us >.> our aoe skills aren't that effective with pvp too. I don't think the debuffs are working very well too.It's annoying coz we obviously don't stand a big chance with pvp . We do have heal and buffs but we lose mana quickly as well. Not to mention that we have the lowest dps among the 3 classes which doesn't give us a chance to hit back with bigger damage. I mean Even if I'm wearing all pink items, still the stats of enchantresses aren't promising compared to the others.
    I don't want to say that the other classes are a bit overpowered but enchantresses are, I think the weakest among the three as of the moment. ( I know it also depends with how u use the char but good Stats matters a lot too.

Hope the casting speed of Mages can be increased a bit and the armor/dps as well.:-/ looking forward for the buffs to be improved too. Mages usually own in other online games.~.~
    check the new update notes, mages now have a fighting chance, should even up the odds, will see how well this balances things
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sayishere View Post
    check the new update notes, mages now have a fighting chance, should even up the odds, will see how well this balances things
    Aw that's good. Gonna check it out now. Hope it will work out well for everyone.:/
    ENCHANTRESS ROCKS! <3<3 PIWPIW!
    EVANNA/enchantress/LVL 35/ALTERRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evanna<3 View Post
    Aw that's good. Gonna check it out now. Hope it will work out well for everyone.:/
    Yeah! I'll check too!
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Haha I remember when this thread was made lol. I had a lvl 20 warrior like the first week of pvp and it killed everything. I also remember that rage gave 60+ dmg and 60+ crit I think. And iron blood gave 60 armor. This was when the skills only went up to 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Also birds break armor took away 50 armor. I remember birds could just use focus-break-blast and BOOM dead instantly.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Damn WTF I read 2 pages of comments until I realized it was from 2010 because this still fits perfectly. I was like: "Woah man, Cinco replying? Update tomorrow?! PvP balance?!?! After all they DO spend time on PL*!!1!1!" but then I noticed the date. Oh well...

*I understand you're busy with more populated games and will be bringing new vanities shortly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

lol cooommmbbboooo necroooo....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Are you talking about lv10-25 PvP? If you are I would disagree. If you're talking about PvP at levels 35+ then I guess I can't say much against that because I know hardly anything about PvP up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collywobbles115 View Post
    Are you talking about lv10-25 PvP? If you are I would disagree. If you're talking about PvP at levels 35+ then I guess I can't say much against that because I know hardly anything about PvP up there.
    You don't seem to know in which year we live either.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I agree, bears are way too op, especially in 30-40 pvp + 50-56 pvp. Besides, if you guys nerfed a weapon that I was actually good at "FB", could you guys consider lowering the damage of plat packs or bear dodge rates? Bear dodge is way too op..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu1205 View Post
    I agree, bears are way too op, especially in 30-40 pvp + 50-56 pvp. Besides, if you guys nerfed a weapon that I was actually good at "FB", could you guys consider lowering the damage of plat packs or bear dodge rates? Bear dodge is way too op..
    Jun, look at the date of the first post lol... And it's me Sonoo(tony)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

How will this affect to low lvls?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream:22031
    I have gotten really annoyed about the fact that warriors kill everyone. I hate it how enchantresses and archers don't stand a chance alone against a warrior. I know they deal more damage, have more armor, and have more health, but I am so tired of it being so unbalanced. Not to mention the spawning, you can not go a whole game without spawning next to a fighting enemy and dying almost right away. Please fix these problems!
    If he came back and saw pvp at endgame now...im pretty sure we would have a nuclear meltdown by dream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    If he came back and saw pvp at endgame now...im pretty sure we would have a nuclear meltdown by dream.

He's played this cap he knows how it is and yes I miss 35 cap pvp when bird specialized in dodge and crit and damage rather than just crit and damadge ;( oh well my skills are pro enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu1205 View Post
    L50-56 bear isn't really op... For me L50-56 is most balanced as the crits of the bears is not high so that wouldn't up in a case of "beckon stomp gg".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

And if bear uses obe they just lack dodge and birds amd mages could easily nuke.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I tried fixing the mistake my 13 year-old-self made by putting "to" instead of "too", but apparently a four year old title can't be changed :(

21. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post: