Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To the devs: the struggle of elo and frost bow owners

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Guys I think we should let the expansion have its time. Time for the new gear to come in and slowly phase out the old ones. It's easy to get complacent and sit on old gear and not want to move on with the times. But new expansion demands new, better gear. I'm one of those who has had to make the choice of whether to part with my mythic bow or not. But I chose to sell mine and use the new weapons because I'm ok with letting go, even if it was at a monetary loss. It's expected with the new expansion and new gear replacing the old.

Bear in mind like other people have said, the new bow is not superior to the Frost/Elon bows. The mythic bows have useful procs while the new legendary bows have no procs to speak of.

In the end shaking up the distribution of gear in the game only helps keep the game from getting stale. There's no point seeing the same weapons for almost 2 years with no change. Embrace the new things the expansion has to offer and have fun farming
    Actually the giant bone bow of force that im using has arcane patch proc and +3-5% crit for a while too for whole team. I find it extremely useful of course, and i got it extremely cheap at the start at someone who didnt know their prices listed it for 55k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Those bows are a year old, how long do you expect them to last!?!?

People need to stop complaining about new gear getting better than the old.
    Exactly. The mythic bows are level 41 and have lasted 2 seasons. Because one of those seasons wasn't a new cap, the gap between mythic and legendary was well over 100 damage the entire time. Add in arcane ring and mythic pendant, and the gap between gear qualities was absurd.

I hope that STS has a plan behind the massive devaluing of arcane items, but at this time, the weath gap has essentially closed. Having the level 46 bows better than the 41 mythics will further serve to close the gap and make the game fair again. We have known for 6 months that this expansion was pending, so if you (the op) spent a bunch of money on the level 41 bow long after this knowledge was available, you can't exactly complain now. Level 46 is by definition higher in stats than level 41.

Edit: Most of us are also hoping the new 46 mythic set with bonus will be better than the arcane ring / planar pendant combo. We need a reason to play, and releasing new and better gear provides that reason.
    Last edited by Serancha; 07-04-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Exactly. The mythic bows are level 41 and have lasted 2 seasons. Because one of those seasons wasn't a new cap, the gap between mythic and legendary was well over 100 damage the entire time. Add in arcane ring and mythic pendant, and the gap between gear qualities was absurd.

I hope that STS has a plan behind the massive devaluing of arcane items, but at this time, the weath gap has essentially closed. Having the level 46 bows better than the 41 mythics will further serve to close the gap and make the game fair again. We have known for 6 months that this expansion was pending, so if you (the op) spent a bunch of money on the level 41 bow long after this knowledge was available, you can't exactly complain now. Level 46 is by definition higher in stats than level 41.

Edit: Most of us are also hoping the new 46 mythic set with bonus will be better than the arcane ring / planar pendant combo. We need a reason to play, and releasing new and better gear provides that reason.

Kk guys i finally see what you trying to state and understand the arguments... You got me there, i guess it must be this way, even if i loose much money(im not so rich). Ty for all arguments and explaining... I think imma keep my bow though cause maybe sts does something like an upgrade quest or whatever... And if no myth weapon comes, its still the best weap due to his proc, thanks for that advice... I think when ppl maxed out and got evry piece of new gear, maybe they will look for the elo/frost bow again to make their set perfect. And thats the time to sell then (only if no new myth/arcane weapon comes)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

We need better farmable level 46 legendary belts now having almost same stats of mythic belts.
    We also need farmable top class helms armors and rings if everyone wants the gaps to be ended. Who cares about losses right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2015-07-04-08-40-03.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  235.7 KB

Right so this is me with bow now unbuffed in any way shape or form...for those carrying around those new sharp looking bows please post a ss with what it brings you too so I can compare. Trying to see how much better it would be.

For clarity the only gems I use are para and eye gems and the only other para I have is in rendtails and everything else is fully eye gemmed.

Edit: I think the smartest thing I read on this post was that damage wasn't the only stat...it's not all about damage, it helps but to be good you need balance and useful procs imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

The new Legendary bows do proc. Mine snares like ethyl but with a way smaller AoE radius and sometimes it can chance to proc a second snare effect. Never looked to see if it boosts my stats a little tho.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  228.1 KB

Views: 515
Size:  242.7 KB
    Last edited by Xorrior; 07-04-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

yes fix it, make arcane ring 100m++ again, make elon and frost bow 21m again

is this your wish?
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Just wanna add:

After doing some tests, if you have a myth bow and a new legendary bow which give you practically the same damage in the character sheet, the mythic bow will still give you MORE skill damage. As some rogues know and others should know the rogue class is all about the skill damage, because of the short skill cooldown. The mythic bow provides about 5% more skill damage, which in practice, due to the way skills work, is like having one more nox bolt shot per combo. If you think about how many combos you release per t3 run you will realise that this adds up to a lot of additional damage.

To conclude: The mythic bow is still the BEST rogue weapon. However the new legendary bow, with its proc, gives players with lower resources a "fighting chance". Imo this is more than needed and good for every one.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 07-04-2015 at 07:16 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

When you buy new expansive gear, expect it to lose value and be replaced with something better within 6 months. If it lasts longer than that be happy.

Also If you don't consider the loss of most of the gold spent on the new gear worth only 6 months of it being the best then don't invent in it. New gear always loses its value quickly. It's the old discontinued stuff that retains its value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    The new Legendary bows do proc. Mine snares like ethyl but with a way smaller AoE radius and sometimes it can chance to proc a second snare effect. Never looked to see if it boosts my stats a little tho.

Views: 524
Size:  228.1 KB

Views: 515
Size:  242.7 KB
    2 procs. 1st proc is that circle which occurs if the arrow hits an enemy which basically drastically reduces their movement speed. Second proc(the purple glow on your toon) increases your crit by 4-5% for a certain amount of time. These two proc at the same time, and end at the same time too I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Just wanna add:

After doing some tests, if you have a myth bow and a new legendary bow which give you practically the same damage in the character sheet, the mythic bow will still give you MORE skill damage. As some rogues know and others should know the rogue class is all about the skill damage, because of the short skill cooldown. The mythic bow provides about 5% more skill damage, which in practice, due to the way skills work, is like having one more nox bolt shot per combo. If you think about how many combos you release per t3 run you will realise that this adds up to a lot of additional damage.

To conclude: The mythic bow is still the BEST rogue weapon. However the new legendary bow, with its proc, gives players with lower resources a "fighting chance". Imo this is more than needed and good for every one.
    Thank you bud for basically validating what I already felt think I'll stick with my myth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Just a question.

i do read long ago i think maybe more than year.

i ll try to say with example what i do read coz bad english.

lvl 36 arcane = or > than 41 mythic.

36 mythic = or > than 41 legendarys

= mean same.
    > mean hight

Do i wrong?

And yes i dont care if 41 mythic cheaper or not... but if i do wrong OR stg changed theys way, than 46 mythic ring must be better than 41 arcane ring WiTHOUT SET BONUS STiLL MUST BE BETTER.

46 mythic must be better than arcane 41 ring on just ring compare.
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 07-04-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Adding onto Jazzi, let us not forget that many bows are filled to the brim with Paracelsus gems which makes the new bow irrelevant.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Adding onto Jazzi, let us not forget that many bows are filled to the brim with Paracelsus gems which makes the new bow irrelevant.
    I wouldn't say "many" in the grand scheme of things. I'd be surprised if there were more than 30 full para mythic bows in game.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Lol, don't worry about it, its a game. Things will get phased out eventually. Can't kick butt forever with the same gear.

Speaking from experience, I bought my mythic amulet for 9.5m (8.5m recipe + 1m bar), took a break for a month (after crafting it), I come back, and immediately after the 2x fossil chance weekend hits which means the recipe plummeted to ~2m. I made a loss of 6.5M and didn't even get to play half the time! You should just move on and focus on new gear, you got to use that bow for 2 months which is a long time!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I actually love love love how these new bows are nearly better than 41 mythic I mean like I'm a lvl 41 with Terra bow of pots and now I have fighting chances against mythic people even if I don't have mythic so thank you StS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Why do you want 300+ more dmg than a normal player? Does that make sense?
    This way the rich players get around 10-20 more dmg than the normal players if they want to invest a couple of millions, up to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Guys I think we should let the expansion have its time. Time for the new gear to come in and slowly phase out the old ones. It's easy to get complacent and sit on old gear and not want to move on with the times. But new expansion demands new, better gear. I'm one of those who has had to make the choice of whether to part with my mythic bow or not. But I chose to sell mine and use the new weapons because I'm ok with letting go, even if it was at a monetary loss. It's expected with the new expansion and new gear replacing the old.

Bear in mind like other people have said, the new bow is not superior to the Frost/Elon bows. The mythic bows have useful procs while the new legendary bows have no procs to speak of.

In the end shaking up the distribution of gear in the game only helps keep the game from getting stale. There's no point seeing the same weapons for almost 2 years with no change. Embrace the new things the expansion has to offer and have fun farming
    new bow is basicallya party proc, frist proc that it snares, the second it provides 5% crit to nearby allies.

I think this helps a a warrior to do some critical damage and the snare allows them to hold off aggro better..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Imo sts made right decision by making legendary bow almost as strong as mythic. This will decrease gear gap nd undergeared players will be able to compete in pvp against myth/arcane users. (Not against nekro )

22. The Following User Says Thank You to xnorwayx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Nobody discusses the most obvious thing which is that there will surely be new level 46 mythic weapons soon. Isn't Ursoth event coming soon?