Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Toor/Gold Toor In Desperate Need For A Buff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default [Feedback] Toor/Gold Toor In Desperate Need For A Buff...

Hello STG,

I do not wish to sound dramatic here or exaggerate the issue, but after testing Toor...it's ultimately come to my realization that Toor/Gold Toor desperately needs a buff. I will explain the reasoning behind this below:

1. The AA does next to no damage - Singe/Nekro's passive does practically the same thing and it does not require an AA for it.
    2. The AA's debuffs already exist in multiple forms, making it a non-viable choice to use as a debuff AA.
    3. The pet attacks very slowly and misses quite frequently.
    4. The earthquakes do not seem to work or seem to do very meager amounts of damage (100 or less, with a slow tick speed).
    5. The range of the AA is shockingly small - perhaps an extension is required.

All in all, it is an arcane pet non-deserving of the arcane title. I would even go as far as to put the rank of this pet below Nightshade. Considering that there are two versions of this pet, one would expect them to both be powerful. However, it is unfortunately near the bottom of the food chain as far as arcane pets go.

If developers could look over Toor/Gold Toor and consider a revision, I'm sure many players would appreciate it. Having a variety of powerful arcane pets to choose from is healthy! One should not go to Nekro or go to SNS all the time which is currently what happens.

Thank you for reading,

Zeus
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-05-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello STG,

I do not wish to sound dramatic here or exaggerate the issue, but after testing Toor...it's ultimately come to my realization that Toor/Gold Toor desperately needs a buff. I will explain the reasoning behind this below:

1. The AA does next to no damage - Singe/Nekro's passive does practically the same thing and it does not require an AA for it.
    2. The AA's debuffs already exist in multiple forms, making it a non-viable choice to use as a debuff AA.
    3. The pet attacks very slowly and misses quite frequently.
    4. The earthquakes do not seem to work or seem to do very meager amounts of damage (100 or less, with a slow tick speed).

All in all, it is an arcane pet non-deserving of the arcane title. I would even go as far as to put the rank of this pet below Nightshade. Considering that there are two versions of this pet, one would expect them to both be powerful. However, it is unfortunately near the bottom of the food chain as far as arcane pets go.

If developers could look over Toor/Gold Toor and consider a revision, I'm sure many players would appreciate it. Having a variety of powerful arcane pets to choose from is healthy! One should not go to Nekro or go to SNS all the time which is currently what happens.

Thank you for reading,

Zeus
    The range of the AA also needs to be fixed...i run solo alot and alot of times toor stands off to the side throwing green snowballs from afar..so his aa then hits maybe 1 mob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    The range of the AA also needs to be fixed...i run solo alot and alot of times toor stands off to the side throwing green snowballs from afar..so his aa then hits maybe 1 mob?
    Forgot about that one! Added it in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I support this.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mouly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

please switch his passive to like slags, the slow passive like glacian totally ruins it. I own a glacian, and it pretty much doesnt feel good - i regret the 11.25m i bought it during Season4 or Season5. The PA is supposed to hit multiple mobs, it doesnt have a fireball or a super never made PA comparing to other Arc pets. Honestly, this pet is worse than glacian now....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I personally think the good version should have a advantage over the normal one to make it more desires and to be considered one of the best pets and should be anyway considering it's a new arcane pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    I personally think the good version should have a advantage over the normal one to make it more desires and to be considered one of the best pets and should be anyway considering it's a new arcane pet
    The second version is gold... What more can you ask?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

The new arcane pet toor has a worse happiness bonus than the legendary nightshade released last year

I don't even understand that..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spellcheck View Post
    The second version is gold... What more can you ask?
    To make it more desirable By having better stats than the normal one rather than just have a few chunks of gold on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1 to this thread. Nightshade indeed has better stats that Toor/Gold Toor!! and its AA is very useful. Until now i regret of have bought this pet

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alejandros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Agreed. I think Nekro should continue to be the best Arcane pet because not only do you have to loot the Fossil, but then crafting is also required. However, of the Arcane pets that come directly from eggs (Hammerjaw, Glacian, Samael, Singe, Maridos, Toor), since Toor is the newest it should be the best one, at least in some respects.

Any newly released Arcane pet should be the best for at least a couple of things, or else what is the point of having such a pet? And right now I cannot think of anything that Toor is the best at. Since his happiness bonus is not the best, I thought for sure the earthquake AA would be super powerful and that would be the draw of this pet. But sadly, from what I hear it is not.

I've heard that Toor's AA is no better than Nilbog's. Honestly, I was expecting something more along the lines of SnS. And since SnS has the heal component of the AA pools that Toor does not, I think Toor's AA should be the most damaging AoE of any pet.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Agreed. I think Nekro should continue to be the best Arcane pet because not only do you have to loot the Fossil, but then crafting is also required. However, of the Arcane pets that come directly from eggs (Hammerjaw, Glacian, Samael, Singe, Maridos, Toor), since Toor is the newest it should be the best one, at least in some respects.

Any newly released Arcane pet should be the best for at least a couple of things, or else what is the point of having such a pet? And right now I cannot think of anything that Toor is the best at. Since his happiness bonus is not the best, I thought for sure the earthquake AA would be super powerful and that would be the draw of this pet. But sadly, from what I hear it is not.

I've heard that Toor's AA is no better than Nilbog's. Honestly, I was expecting something more along the lines of SnS. And since SnS has the heal component of the AA pools that Toor does not, I think Toor's AA should be the most damaging AoE of any pet.
    Toor's AA does far less damage than a Nilbog's pool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I suggest that sts remove gold toor from locked and make it into a craftable egg that's requires toor and some other new mythic ingredient to create.

Then give it a decent stat boost and fix the aa so it will be able to compete with the other arcane pets.

Since it hasn't been out for that long this is a good suggestion that won't affect the game in any major way and give people a reason to summon this new arcane pet. As of right now it is more useless than many legendaries. Please consider this...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    I suggest that sts remove gold toor from locked and make it into a craftable egg that's requires toor and some other new mythic ingredient to create.

Then give it a decent stat boost and fix the aa so it will be able to compete with the other arcane pets.

Since it hasn't been out for that long this is a good suggestion that won't affect the game in any major way and give people a reason to summon this new arcane pet. As of right now it is more useless than many legendaries. Please consider this...
    But then no one would craft and open massive crates.

I still don't understand why they gave a preview/announcement of toor, stating that they were accepting feedback and the stats were subject to change yet release it as is. Nothing was really changed. There was lots of good feedback and concerns which are still the same concerns right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I support this, also I have a question. Toor and Gold Toor have the same happiness bonus, so is there anything different from the two pets besides their looks? I see Toor selling for 10mil where Gold Toor is being selled at the price of 50mil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    But then no one would craft and open massive crates.

I still don't understand why they gave a preview/announcement of toor, stating that they were accepting feedback and the stats were subject to change yet release it as is. Nothing was really changed. There was lots of good feedback and concerns which are still the same concerns right now.
    How about putting the new ingredient into massive crates only then make the gold toor requirements:
    toor+ massive crate ingredient+ farmable item+ quest

this would make it harder to get and more exclusive like an arcane item should be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

They put in Gold toor because theres too little arcane item that theyre dropping like rain!

Anyway Toor needs a review thats for sure, overall hes good a nice debuff pet just needs a little tweaking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

How about putting the new ingredient into massive crates only then make the gold toor requirements:
    toor+ massive crate ingredient+ farmable item+ quest

this would make it harder to get and more exclusive like an arcane item should be
    Getting the ingredient will just mean getting gold toor anyways. Seems almost like the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Getting the ingredient will just mean getting gold toor anyways. Seems almost like the same thing.
    I'm saying that gold toor should be given the buff that we are all asking for by having it craftable and the regular toor stay the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I'm saying that gold toor should be given the buff that we are all asking for by having it craftable and the regular toor stay the same.
    With the way arcanes/mythics are dropping nothing will be exclusive but the highest Jewels/eyes