Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Boss nerf....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Boss nerf....

Okay so can someone tell me why the 2 bosses that can almost 1 shot a bear, and lay waste to the other classes are now mini bosses?
    Frankly they are the 2 hardest in all the bosses., that have decimated manys death tolls

Nerfing boss lvl and drop rate should maybe nerf the overpowered killing machines, as the now real bosses are nothing in comparison to these demons.
    Tobikuma/Duciel/Thorulf - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Apparently the "real" bosses (zeke and the orange goat thing) got a powerup in the patch, so they now make sense as the true bosses. I haven't checked it out myself though yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can thank all of the farmers for reducing them to minibosses... farmers were going into the swamps killing the bosses , seeing if they have any good drops, then leaving, scattering half finished games through the game lobby.

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lets look at the time line shall we?

In the beginning Spacetime said LET THERE BE PINK!
    They dropped here and there and were somewhat frequent, problem was there was no way to move them from character to character, so you had to get lucky to get the right item on the right job

Then ZOMG PINK ARE WAY TO COMMON complained the people that play 5 hours a day on a Mobile game.....

This lead to the PINK NERF!
    Whoa? so now even if I get the item, did I get it on the right class to use it?

YAY 1.1 Gifting! and stash
    Ugh scamming

Ancient swamp release!
    O wait I've lvl all the way to 35 and maybe saw 0-3 pinks drop
    wait? there is 5 ARMORS to choose from!? whoa overkill, not to mention STR weapons.
    so like 30+ different items, whats the chance I get the one Im after or equivilant to trade for it?

As far as I know I could be wrong but at this point, I DONT think there was a normal guy that dropped pinks (like LE ogre)
    Later I saw them drop very rare on some croc I cant recall.

So up to speed.....
    Drops are horrible, playing the lvl pointless as there isnt enough "ogre?" types with a drop chance
    and if I want everything its 15-40? items

FARM FARM FARM
    WHOA?
    GLITCH GLITCH GLITCH
    Crap
    glitch fixed.
    Darn
    Witch moved
    YES!
    SAFE TRADE!
    WHAT?
    Frogmar (moved) and Lebow are now mini bosses

So now if you or ANYONE wants event the slightest chance for an item, good luck.
    K sry Ive said this way too many times.
    THIS IS A MOBILE GAME, and the people playing 5+ Hours are KILLING it for the casual player, and its BS to them.
    This has nothing to do with farming, it will continue no matter what the change, point is the PLAYERS complained about rarity
    Well now you have it.
    So I hope your happy, kiss your beloved PVP goodbye becuase now if you dont have what you need or the $ to buy it, good luck farming it.
    For the rest of us it will follow suit next expansion.
    Last edited by Tobikuma; 05-26-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tobikuma View Post
    So now if you or ANYONE wants event the slightest chance for an item, good luck.
    K sry Ive said this way too many times.
    THIS IS A MOBILE GAME, and the people playing 5+ Hours are KILLING it for the casual player, and its BS to them.
    This has nothing to do with farming, it will continue no matter what the change, point is the PLAYERS complained about rarity
    Well now you have it.
    So I hope your happy, kiss your beloved PVP goodbye becuase now if you dont have what you need or the $ to buy it, good luck farming it.
    For the rest of us it will follow suit next expansion.
    I gotta say i disagree with you on this one. Shame it came so late, but pvp will be fine. There are plenty of pinks in circulation till the next update, and the farming was killing the game. This was a good change.
    In any mmorpg the casual player isn't going to have the same kind of gear as a hardcore player, thats just how it works. And not for nothing bro, you play way more that 5 hours a day, you are basically blaming players like yourself (me included).

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Good post Tobi.

/sarcasm on
    Dev's can you pls also nerf the big blue 'ogres' in lost expedition? Some of those are too easy to get to as well, and people might be tempted to farm them.
    /sarcasm off

This is getting ridiculous, next we will have to play the whole story line in AS for the chance at seeing a pink. And if you drop or get disconnected...have to start all over again!

Mage crocs have like 100k hp, perhaps lower the hp on these mobs by 50-75% or increase Mage croc drop purp/pink chance, and clearing to the big bosses will be worth the time and effort. With AS being completely open mapped, 'adds' make traversing through the swamp a long and tedious process. Not to mention the big cooking pots of lag - WTF use are those anyway.

This nerf couldn't have come at a better time either, since we can't switch targets in PvE lol!
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I gotta say i disagree with you on this one. Shame it came so late, but pvp will be fine. There are plenty of pinks in circulation till the next update, and the farming was killing the game. This was a good change.
    In any mmorpg the casual player isn't going to have the same kind of gear as a hardcore player, thats just how it works. And not for nothing bro, you play way more that 5 hours a day, you are basically blaming players like yourself (me included).
    I have time in life now, yes. That will eventually change. (why I got a head start on the trading economy to ensure my future stake)
    And casual players can infact have the best gear, PC MMORPG once fully lvl'd attending daily "guild" events you can still have the best stuff (maybe not as much as hardcore)for a 2 hour camp and kill.
    But again, alot of us are fine now, which will change next expansion.

PvP is fine yes, unless you still desire items.

I have always been opposed to drop nerfs from the very start Ive fought against them.
    In fact if anything, boss drop should have better drop rates, after this patch
    Ive never even heard of this 1-5% rate or whatever, I mean seriously what do people expect for a run through kill crap spam fest?
    My god just witch/archer farming you can go an hour without seeing 1 legendary drop, and MUCH longer dropping it to you.

I said long ago a player should be able to get a good item every 2-4 hours of play moreso now having to play whole dungeons. I estimate this is equal to 1-3 days of casual play.
    Adding in that the drop maybe "crap", replica, or something you cant use, requiring you now to take time to barter.
    Im not opposed to the mini boss status, but the choking of items.

its the casual player that suffers and they outnumber the power players by far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would much rather pinks drop every time off of bosses that take weeks to learn how to kill and take atleast 20 minutes to drop, but thats just me.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

A condensed boss-heavy dungeon will probably be the best solution for me and the farming community

Later this week I will be working on improving the loot drops too.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about some big white albino alligators in the swamps, like the blue 'ogres' in LE?? Or even green 'ogres' in swamps??
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    A condensed boss-heavy dungeon will probably be the best solution for me and the farming community

Thanks
    Amazing! Thanks for letting us know. This is really going to help the game a lot. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

Thanks
    i mean the way we used to farm, it was still quite alot of effort to get the pinks you wanted, imagine going through a whole dungeon to get a pink (which probably wont even drop!) i mean i want pinks to be rare, but theres a limit, this is a mobile game, it should be made a tad bit easier

maybe just adding in more bosses would solve this i think
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I would much rather pinks drop every time off of bosses that take weeks to learn how to kill and take atleast 20 minutes to drop, but thats just me.
    To some extent yes, I dont know what the game can handle but
    Here is what I think currently

Boss drop should be no less then orange
    40% orange
    30% green
    20% blue/purple whatever people call this
    10% pink

And yes, if there were infact a boss that required skill, teamwork, and a setup possible time to kill
    A drop rate should infact increase

Personally I HATE the individual drop rate, 1 boss should drop the same color item for everyone.
    (come on bears you know what I mean)
    You just tanked the boss, used X amount potions
    And the enchantress that just auto attacked got the Z shield youve been after for weeks.....
    Nuff said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

10% sounds agreeable to me, if my group does swamps 3x, at least one pink should drop during that time.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tobikuma View Post
    Boss drop should be no less then orange
    I agree completely, but I'd have to think about the exact percentages. Seems pretty good though.

Personally I HATE the individual drop rate, 1 boss should drop the same color item for everyone.
    (come on bears you know what I mean)
    You just tanked the boss, used X amount potions
    And the enchantress that just auto attacked got the Z shield youve been after for weeks.....
    Nuff said.
    You farmed with very different groups than I did. LOL. My experience was more like uh oh dumb bear pushed instead of pulling again. Then spend mana potions despite having 14 M/s because I have to constantly heal, buff, debuff, and blow back the mob if the party is going to have any chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sayishere View Post
    i mean the way we used to farm, it was still quite alot of effort to get the pinks you wanted, imagine going through a whole dungeon to get a pink (which probably wont even drop!) i mean i want pinks to be rare, but theres a limit, this is a mobile game, it should be made a tad bit easier

maybe just adding in more bosses would solve this i think
    More bosses is kinda ew IMO.
    Again I like the above boss rate drop rather then player chance drop.

Make special dungeon, hard as hell, but drops stuff
    I mean this is like stand MMO stuff
    Kill the lvl 99 dragon took alot of work and time, and danger just to get to him, but he DROPPED that item

I will again argue that the game shouldnt revoilve around drop CHANCE, but ITEM.
    Boss should have maybe 5 items at 25-50% drop rate
    Again when you get a drop.... who even knows if its the one you want/need

Most RPGS are you want the say BOOTS! you kill the THIEF! you want the STAFF you kill the WITCH, you want the armor you kill the DRAGON.

We lack these direct fundementals, everything is random. and they need to allow some cushion
    Last edited by Tobikuma; 05-26-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I agree completely, but I'd have to think about the exact percentages. Seems pretty good though.

You farmed with very different groups than I did. LOL. My experience was more like uh oh dumb bear pushed instead of pulling again. Then spend mana potions despite having 14 M/s because I have to constantly heal, buff, debuff, and blow back the mob if the party is going to have any chance
    I played all jobs, and sadly I usually have a problem with at least 1 random guy

on bear, the mages dont cast
    on archer, the bear cant/doesnt tank or is horrible at it
    on mage, archer goes stupid in too many ways to complain but ill give 1 example (Jewel bow of evasion and IDK what armor that is but 3o something defense/armor? wow this aint a fashion show buddy, you cant kill and get 1 shotted by the easiest guy, not to mention draining my MP)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, if certain bosses only dropped certain items, but had a HIGH chance of dropping the item(s), that would be great - boss specific loot for the win! Especially if the aforementioned bosses took a great deal of team work and strategy to kill. And maybe a player can only kill 'boss A' once a day, or 'boss B' once every three days, or 'boss C' once a week. (don't know how else to make it, since there are no respawn timers with instances)

I can sympathize with Tobi when he mentions the tanking of a boss vs others auto attacking and/or leeching. Make ppl play! I got to the point with my group last night, that I was charging anyone who got a pink 200 health pots lol.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage