Thread: New jewels gems is it good or bad !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default New jewels gems is it good or bad !

So iv been calculating about those new gems, so Noble Mind Jewel adds 8 int

To make one noble mind gem you'll need :

Name:  Screenshot_2015-07-08-02-45-29-1.png
Views: 1885
Size:  244.7 KB

3 Soperb mind jewels and to do that you need 3 Excellent jewels and for that you need 3 Fortified jewls ... anyway I guess where im going with that is, after calculating all that you Need 1287 Cracked Mind Jewel

Of course who would farm that much specially drop rate is awful and for some reason glacian essence doesnt even drop anymore

So lets say you will buy from cs and current average price for each Cracked Mind Jewel is 5k. So for 1287 jewel you will need 6,435,000 gold not to mention the amount of gold you will spend on each craft.

So yes id love to use Noble Mind jewel to add 8 int instead of grand glacial gem that adds 6 int and I wont have to try over and over to get grand gem, but to do that I need to spend 6m and ofc probably a week of never ending crafting.

So now what! Isnt that a bit too much for 2 extra int on my status ? Whats the solution?
    Last edited by hakoom7; 07-06-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Instead if 3 maybe lower it to 2
    Or we can make it 2 until it's excellent or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I think I'm one of the few who likes the new jewel system. Those who want to max out will have to buy jewels. Once you have the jewels, you get to re-socket them on other gear. If they were too easy to obtain, they would become worthless pretty quickly.

The only problem is the remaining gems. Some are better than the jewels, and the rest are just far cheaper. Eventually, the old gems will get used up, and we will become accustomed to paying a premium for fully-upgraded jewels (or settling for less).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

The problem is now recipe list is too long: 8 different types of jewels and each has 8 sub-types. It takes me lots of time to scroll down and check which jewel I can craft.

They could just make each type of jewels has only 2-3 sub-types, but at the same time requires more essences (10 essences) and crafting time (4 hrs), like old gems. And all essence drop from any Arlor map with equal chances.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to csyui For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Remember that these jewels are reusable, so once you create one you can reuse it on all your gear every season forever. So I think this is supposed to be a long term project that you work on. It should take a year (at least) to have full noble gems, and that is for a player who plays many hours per week. It is supposed to be something that will keep you busy for a very long time.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    The problem is now recipe list is too long: 8 different types of jewels and each has 8 sub-types. It takes me lots of time to scroll down and check which jewel I can craft.

They could just make each type of jewels has only 2-3 sub-types, but at the same time requires more essences (10 essences) and crafting time (4 hrs), like old gems. And all essence drop from any Arlor map with equal chances.
    They have a recipe button that you can click to show the 'other' non jewel recipes, came in handy when crafting garetta supplies.

As for the jewels I kind of like this system, already gotten up to fortified jewels and excellent jewels through a combo of buying and farming. Still working my way up to Noble jewels.
    Been getting a ton of cracked jewels while grinding for levels, been crafting them all and selling the ones I don't need.

The ability to remove them is very nice too, and not extremely expensive (I think it was something like 500 for a fortified?) so once you have them you can reuse them to your heart's content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    I had to make 2 screenshots and crop them and stick them together to make that pic of the jewel list lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Remember that these jewels are reusable, so once you create one you can reuse it on all your gear every season forever. So I think this is supposed to be a long term project that you work on. It should take a year (at least) to have full noble gems, and that is for a player who plays many hours per week. It is supposed to be something that will keep you busy for a very long time.
    I do understand the fact its supposed to keep us busy for a long time and I dont mind that at all except the fact that only natural jewels drop and rarely water jewels and the drop rate of those Mind or Finesse is like the drop rate of teeth, and that's quite redicolous.

At least let them all drop in same rate or let glacial essence drop as before, we do need 1287 cracked jewels and farming this number is logically impossible, besides ur talking about re using those runes would be great and I agree but what about other runes ? I can move noble but then il lose the ones were used there. So I need 2 years to farm 3 nobles and then use them forever.

In this game theres nothing called forever. Every season we farm and merch for months then "oh im finally geared" and boom system shut down for quick maintenance, new set coming new runes new event so dont tell me its used forever soon all the hard effort put on it will just seem useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    They have a recipe button that you can click to show the 'other' non jewel recipes, came in handy when crafting garetta supplies.

As for the jewels I kind of like this system, already gotten up to fortified jewels and excellent jewels through a combo of buying and farming. Still working my way up to Noble jewels.
    Been getting a ton of cracked jewels while grinding for levels, been crafting them all and selling the ones I don't need.

The ability to remove them is very nice too, and not extremely expensive (I think it was something like 500 for a fortified?) so once you have them you can reuse them to your heart's content.
    I think your talking about natural jewels, those what drops for everyone and im sure making noble natural jewel is the biggest waste of time in AL history

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    I think your talking about natural jewels, those what drops for everyone and im sure making noble natural jewel is the biggest waste of time in AL history
    Speak for yourself. I have an excellent finesse jewel and am working my way toward a superb.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

need 2187 cracked jewel (if first level need only 3 cracked) <1 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3>;
    if 1 cracked chaos jewel=25k gold,then 1 noble jewel worth ~ 55m gold (25k x 2.187) + crafting cost
    Modarrr

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ucupduyeh For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Maybe so, but gems are just going to get stronger and stronger. Next cap we will gave grand fire, blood and glacial gems giving 8 dex, str and int respectively. Eye gems will give 4 int, str, dex and even more crit than before. The first para gem will continue to add over 30 damage. As of now, reinforced gems far surpass the noble primary stat gems, eye gems beats lightning jewels without even considering the +3 int/str/dex, bonus. Diamond jewels are topped by grand reinforced jewels without considering the +6 stat bonus. Para gems beat noble chaos jewels, and thats not taking into account the 5.5 bonus damage from the first gem. Grand life shards and grand skull gems beat nature and water jewels. What should have been done was freeze the gem bonuses and NOT scale them to level 46.

The gap between lower and upper geared players is no longer between legendary gear and nekro/ ring, but between gems now. The rich will continue to use para and eye gems for as long as they can and those who cannot afford those will have to settle for jewels, and even the best jewels cannot compete with gems. IMO STS needs to consider adding more tiers to the jewel system till the get to the point where they are better than any gem. Admittedly gems will be the best at first, but by the end of the year, people will have tons of noble gems and the para and eye gems will start to lose their OPness.
    Last edited by Kingofninjas; 07-06-2015 at 07:51 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Speak for yourself. I have an excellent finesse jewel and am working my way toward a superb.
    Ok first of all im working my way a d reached fortified mind and finesse and what u replied to was me talking about NATURAL jewel.

Good day

19. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoom7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where is the best place to Farm Mind ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Gems do scaled up, in lvl46 gear: normal glacial 4 int, grand glacial 7 int, reinforced glacial 4 int 14 armor, grand reinforced glacial 6 int 28 armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ucupduyeh View Post
    need 2187 cracked jewel (if first level need only 3 cracked) <1 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3>;
    if 1 cracked chaos jewel=25k gold,then 1 noble jewel worth ~ 55m gold (25k x 2.187) + crafting cost
    Modarrr
    Modarrr cup ucup , (saya juga ucup) kkkkkkkk

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I dont see why old threads are getting bumped by these new forumers to "gain posts"?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

make fury, finese, mind drop from all map at least km3 & wt4
    S a l x

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ujangkampak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Agree with long term farming item, but not agree with drop rate and its stat.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The new jewel system is good but still they made the past gem too strong that players are not interested on jewels plus the effort that was needed for jewels are way far more harder than the past gems. We are comparing 1 - 4 hours of getting gems and years of completing perfect jewels. It is just fair that the jewel is better because as it scales up it is 3x harder to obtain.