Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors are hugely underpowered?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Warriors are hugely underpowered?

Hi,
    Currently, I'm feeling that warriors are hugely underpowered as they are melee, their dps is really low (200 max dps without rage), and all they are useful for in my opinion is tanking. A different class like an archer has high dps (up to 300dps) and are ranged. They are extremely powerful. Enchantresses also have quite a high dps (up to 250) and have about the best skills. Enchantresses are also ranged.

The strange thing is, and also leads to my question, warriors are good at PvP, in fact, they are the best in PvP, is what I have heard from many people.

My question is, how? They have such a big disadvantage. How can they possibly be the best in PvP? I would like to know.

Thanks,
    ~Malandm (proud member of the Dungeon Defenders Forums )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man I got owns today by Elly on his warrior so I don't think they are underpowered in any way. Birds still seem to do pretty well in pvp and so do paladins and dex mages I haven't tried pure int but my guess is that they can do pretty decent.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

@Echelong,
    Ellyidol is really good to play as bear.. And he is using bows .. He posted a screenshot in his Bow Bear guide with 367 dps.. It's just about going some other ways than pure builds ..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

you are talking about low lvl stuff. as you get higher, the classes seem to even out, and you can equip any item on any class if your stats right. But yes, warriors are underpowered
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    @Echelong,
    Ellyidol is really good to play as bear.. And he is using bows .. He posted a screenshot in his Bow Bear guide with 367 dps.. It's just about going some other ways than pure builds ..
    He killed me with both str and dex gear and he was easier to kill with dex lol but if he caught you first you where done.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I wouldn't say hugely. Probably at a disadvantage, but doesn't mean they're underpowered

Ech is exaggerating, he didn't mention how many times I died too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Elly, aren't you a dex bear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Dual. Hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    @Echelong,
    How come mages and bird can go pure and rule pvp and pve but in order to be a successful bear u gotta split ur stats? Pure str bear sux IMO with that terrible hit. Just don't seem fair to me..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxEcHoxx View Post
    How come mages and bird can go pure and rule pvp and pve but in order to be a successful bear u gotta split ur stats? Pure str bear sux IMO with that terrible hit. Just don't seem fair to me..
    Another reason right here why we're at a disadvantage from the get go

Pure Int Mages / Pure Dex Birds have their primary stat maxed for higher skill damage, dual spec bears don't. Though I have to check how much the difference is, it's definitely lower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, apparently pure bears "own" PvP... Can anyone answer why is that?
    I saw this guy (pure str bear lv56 fortified set) and he had like 3000 kills and 50 deaths or so. He said that after the update PvP was much easier to do with a bear but he didn't explain why... I know that. They are underpowered, the reason for why I'm saying they are "hugely" underpowered is because they have low dps, they are melee. The only good thing about them is that they have high health and armour... But how is that useful in PvP when your opponent is so strong that he/she can get past your armour and take out your health real quick?

By the way, by "Warriors" I mean pure STR bears. Otherwise they wouldn't be so much of a warrior but an archer (such as a dex bear).

Thanks for the responses so far!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAlandM View Post
    Well, apparently pure bears "own" PvP... Can anyone answer why is that?
    I saw this guy (pure str bear lv56 fortified set) and he had like 3000 kills and 50 deaths or so. He said that after the update PvP was much easier to do with a bear but he didn't explain why... I know that. They are underpowered, the reason for why I'm saying they are "hugely" underpowered is because they have low dps, they are melee. The only good thing about them is that they have high health and armour... But how is that useful in PvP when your opponent is so strong that he/she can get past your armour and take out your health real quick?

By the way, by "Warriors" I mean pure STR bears. Otherwise they wouldn't be so much of a warrior but an archer (such as a dex bear).

Thanks for the responses so far!
    What was his name?

Even the really good bears I know, Fabio, TSS, and Toughie, they all have dex, none of them are pure strength.

It's really really unlikely that a pure strength would have that K/D, especially since pure strength would have like 65% Hit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pure strength.. I have 77% hit...
    His name was Tankaar or something like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Oh, forgot to mention. 65 comes from no Hit from gear.

What gear are you using? And yeah, I've fought Tank. We never ended. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm using... Something I cannot remember (<<not the name of the gear)... But all I know is that its awesome. It gives me about 39 armour, 666 health I THINK (weird), 115 dps, 9 h/s. Those are what I last remember. I'm currently wearing all pinks. Any suggestions on getting gold ready for when I'm at a higher level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm using... Something I cannot remember (<<not the name of the gear)... But all I know is that its awesome. It gives me about 39 armour, 666 health I THINK (weird), 115 dps, 9 h/s. Those are what I last remember. I'm currently wearing all pinks. Any suggestions on getting gold ready for when I'm at a higher level?
    What level are you?

Because AFAIK, a pure str bear in all 55 str pinks will have only 65ish Hit, that's why you need dex to pvp well.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Bears do not own pvp. Thats a generalized statement. I was a pally all through to 55 and until gcd update. Then I went dual dex int. It depends on the player. Btw, tankaar is a friend of mine. I helped him with his build and skill set up. His k/d ratio is hidden. I doubt he has that low of deaths seeing as I killed him 50 times by myself, lol I exaggorrate. But kinda. I have 9000 plus kills in pvp. Bears are cool, some better than others of course. But you have a point in the full int/dex mage bird thing in comparison to full str bears which is silly imo. And fortified fury set owns for bears. People are finally realizing,this fact. I like pvping w a bear on my team. We combo off eachother nicely, they make great meat shield and I'm very aware of my heals and their health to keep them alive.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So in order to be good in PvP with a bear, you have to be a dual bear or like a dex or int bear? If so, then that's not really fair. You don't have to do that with a archer or enchantress, so why do you have to do it with a bear? It's not even fun being a dex bear or int bear, when you can choose to be an archer or enchantress instead and the outcome will be about the same, if not better. Warriors are supposed to be the strongerst class there should be due to the disadvantage of being melee. Instead PL developers choose to make Warriors the worst to... decrease the amount of players playing with a Warrior? It's just really not fiar... I choose a bear to start off with hoping that it will be really strong. I knew it had a disadvantage. I didn't know how big it was... By the way, my bear is level 23 now. I made a promise earlier on at about level 20 that I wasn't going to be a dual bear or int/dex bear... but I may have to change my mind now... And I don't want to...

Anyway, my point is this: All classes are supposed to be even overall, right? In PL, archers and enchantresses are much better than warriors in almost every way. This needs to change. And hopefully it shall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

So in order to be good in PvP with a bear, you have to be a dual bear or like a dex or int bear? If so, then that's not really fair. You don't have to do that with a archer or enchantress, so why do you have to do it with a bear? It's not even fun being a dex bear or int bear, when you can choose to be an archer or enchantress instead and the outcome will be about the same, if not better. Warriors are supposed to be the strongerst class there should be due to the disadvantage of being melee. Instead PL developers choose to make Warriors the worst to... decrease the amount of players playing with a Warrior? It's just really not fiar... I choose a bear to start off with hoping that it will be really strong. I knew it had a disadvantage. I didn't know how big it was... By the way, my bear is level 23 now. I made a promise earlier on at about level 20 that I wasn't going to be a dual bear or int/dex bear... but I may have to change my mind now... And I don't want to...

Anyway, my point is this: All classes are supposed to be even overall, right? In PL, archers and enchantresses are much better than warriors in almost every way. This needs to change. And hopefully it shall.
    Sadly, it's true.

Well, pure str can still work, but you ONLY take damage. I doubt with 65% Hit that you'd even land Beckons and debuffs.

The loss of tanking ability from full str to dual spec isn't that huge compared to the gain you get from adding dex. I believe Mr.Wallace showed exactly how much in one of his threads.

The only reason why I'd go pure str is if, and only if, they somehow make bears have higher Hit % despite being pure str.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Sadly, it's true.

Well, pure str can still work, but you ONLY take damage. I doubt with 65% Hit that you'd even land Beckons and debuffs.

The loss of tanking ability from full str to dual spec isn't that huge compared to the gain you get from adding dex. I believe Mr.Wallace showed exactly how much in one of his threads.

The only reason why I'd go pure str is if, and only if, they somehow make bears have higher Hit % despite being pure str.
    I hope they do make bears have a higher Hit % AND have a higher dps. Even higher than archers. I would like it if they can go up to 250 dps without rage. This is only because of their huge disadvantage. The only solution to the disadvantage is making them stronger. Maybe I should suggest this in the suggestions... What do you guys think?

Also, why should bears have to be dual to be succesful in PvP? I still don't think you guys are getting the point yet (well I can see Elly isn't getting the point yet). Read what Elly quoted again. Archers and Enchantresses don't have to be dual. But bears DO to be good in PvP. The balance of classes isn't right at the moment.