Thread: Higher level players looking down on slighly lower players

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Higher level players looking down on slighly lower players

Hi there folks!

Today I was hosting some swill pitz runs, first joins a random lvl 54 mage stating "Don't boot me, I am awesome". He did just fine and we cleared at least two runs without a swept. After a guy named Weoban, lvl 54, was quick enough to join and asked if he could stay. I've said sure. We did like 5 runs (one of which we destroyed 4 totems he needed for quest) and he was so happy I didn't booted him. He stated also that other people were booting him saying that he's useless. I told him as soon as he helps the group I won't boot him. And so we did 5 runs togheter happily.
    I really don't understand people booting with these stupid reasons. I mean he's level 54, he's a bird, so dps machine ftw. People went as far as saying he's useless (stupid reason as much as "You smell funny"). Some level 55-56 should just get down from the pedestal and be more humble with lower level people (I mean just 1 level lower than maximum level, Come on!). I've felt so sorry for him and I had some funny moments with him and other lower players (There was also a lvl 53 bear too that was a plain win btw).
    Be more watchful of how you treat other people, unless you want to be treated the same way back.

Rant delivered.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 04-25-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I totally agree with you! The difference between the 51 and 55 gears isnt big at all so why boot -55?
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

because of the reason of maybe they want friends.

i know a guy who booted birds nothing else just birds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of the game runs I do are from being invited. I don't like intruding so I hunt when I get invited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I agree, but it goes both ways too.

Take for example earlier in PvP, I was doing well against another bear throughout the 10 kills. The next game he joins my team and says "Oh, your 56, no wonder". And he was 55. -.-

I don't see a difference between 50-56 except gear, but even then the 51-56 gear doesn't make a player. The only actual time I don't hesitate in booting is when some 20-30 player comes in, but that's been dealt with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I don't even host my games lol. It's always invites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

A person booted my lvl 52 bear with reason "na". I replied to give more meaningful reasons for booting. He said I was low level. I replied that my level is correct for any BS map. Then He replied that he doesn't know me. I've said that to know a person, first you have to meet him/her. Then he stated that he wants only to meet lvl 55 or upper people. I leave to you all conclusions.... Very dissapointed -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah durIng the vyxnaar craze, I join one cave and the host, 56, said 55/56 only and booted all under!! I didn't play that one!! I know it's been said before but, LVL Is nothing compared to skill!! I've seen LVL 50's with more kills than 55/56 players!! More kills more experience IMO!
    Last edited by LordEspe; 04-25-2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Horrible spelling!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    A person booted my lvl 52 bear with reason "na". I replied to give more meaningful reasons for booting. He said I was low level. I replied that my level is correct for any BS map. Then He replied that he doesn't know me. I've said that to know a person, first you have to meet him/her. Then he stated that he wants only to meet lvl 55 or upper people. I leave to you all conclusions.... Very dissapointed -_-
    I was there when he booted you and I thought it was odd because I'm a lvl 52 bird. He booted a few more bears later on so I think that was the real reason. But I totally agree with your original point. I never boot unless I think someone is spoiling the run for the others e.g. by constantly asking questions about gear in the middle of fights, hanging back to leech or being ridiculously low level (lvl 1 in AO1 LOL). I always give one or two warnings first though. My favourite tactic for leechers is to walk back and hang with them outside the room, makes them aware that I know what they're doing. They usually either leave or get into the party and play properly.
    I changed my forum name to match my in-game name Rauyran. All my future posts will be under that name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Funny, Nazgulking, bc you booted me from the shadow caves with my lvl 51 Mage for being too low -_-'
    Yeah, I know, there must be a HUGE difference between 51 and 53...

I wouldn't have said anything, but if you're going to pretend to be so noble, make sure you haven't booted forum users before announcing your benevolence.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-25-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I posted previously... I got booted for 'not' being 56 for hideout run....

Was ridiculous and I quite eloquently said so (new list may not agree but I wasn't offensive)...
    Xenzix - 55 Dex Bird
    Tweety's Evil Cousin - Puddy-tat Slayer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Got booted yesterday on my 54 for being too low in hideout. Right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LordEspe View Post
    Yeah durIng the vyxnaar craze, I join one cave and the host, 56, said 55/56 only and booted all under!! I didn't play that one!! I know it's been said before but, LVL Is nothing compared to skill!! I've seen LVL 50's with more kills than 55/56 players!! More kills more experience IMO!
    Disagree I have 20k kills on bird and only 4k on Mage ;D and my Mage is pro lol kills always matter as long as the person plays there class well
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For Swill Pitz, Roach Motel and Shadow Cave it is an Advantage to be 55/56 cuz of ur gear and dps.
    But it is not nice to boot. Thats true. I would do locked games and invite buddys. Open Games are for everyone in range.
    But on the other side is that some low lvl leave game shortly before Fever ?! ( last run 4 left shortly before )
    Not nice!
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get booted all the times from Balefort Sewer runs because of the 55/56 elitists.

I'm level 54 by the way but it's been like that all through the 50s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I seriously hate the "Low Level" excuse unless it applied to level 20s in Oasis, or something similar. I was running the caves once and there were 2 level 50s when I joined. Then, another player said "Boot the 50s" They were then booted and I asked the host why they were booted. Host said they were making room for friends, other dude said cause they were too low. If you are in a game and don't like who is there then leave. No one said the host should boot to make you happy, better yet, host your OWN game. On the other hand, if you keep booting because you want to run with friends then make a closed game with a common pasword all your friends know. I am personally of the opinion that if you make an open game you should just run with everyone, friend who you like, then make closed games. Problem solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Players should lock their games if it's for friends only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Funny, Nazgulking, bc you booted me from the shadow caves with my lvl 51 Mage for being too low -_-'
    Yeah, I know, there must be a HUGE difference between 51 and 53...

I wouldn't have said anything, but if you're going to pretend to be so noble, make sure you haven't booted forum users before announcing your benevolence.
    First, you didn't read at all my post. My rant was about the player beign booted but not before beign cussed. They have told him that he's useless. I don't think that I did that to you, so my post is legitimate. Second, I've ranted about the nonsense of the reasons for booting, like the "na" I have stated before, I think I have booted you with the reason "Low level, sorry" or across that lines. You may like it or not but at least I gave an understable reason, so again I'm coherent to my post.
    Regarding what I have done to you, I may say that I'm sorry, since the real reason why I have booted you was that I was waiting from a player from the previous game. In a hurry I gave you the reason for the low player and I'm sorry for that. At least I realize my mistake, but, again, I've never ever said anything nasty to anyone, and I'm proud of that. If you want we can meet in town and, as a sign of good will, I can give you for free a pink recipe from BS, so we can get along again and forget about this incident.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 04-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This subject has been touched on before and in the recent past.. Again many many players have been power lvld. And do not have game skill, no matter the lvl

So often i have said to players you have not a clue whonyou are booting... What i mean by that is simple, some very skilled players have lower accounts.

I to have a lvl 51 account and the booter makes this forum post?!? ... Hmmm.....

I will say this again i would run sewer with a group of lvl 51's any day vs an all 55-56 team. And i would take a lvl 30 experienced player potted over others in the lvl ( this is now not possible but was)

The note on booting bears... I personaly like one tank in a map, to have 3 tanks working agaginst one another and the team is frusutrating, stomping the bosses outnof range so they run and refill, making the mkbs scatter, and causing other players skills to be waited as they bounce bosses around the room. On occasion a coiplemtanks who know how to work of one another and balance skills, Pricless!! These two can pin a boss and keep it there, but due to inexperience and lack of teachability and lackmof teaching this does not happen often.

Bottom line booting is going to happen with various reasons good and bad. Just go to another game.
    If a farming team is not flowing it is time to put together a new one, in sewer if it takes 10 min to kill the king and queen the chances are there is not enough dps, causing players to search for skilled players.

The last note, many players who complain about being booted with such reasons as their lvl is to low.... Many refuse to work as a team member crews are run diffrentley it is listening skills... If the admin asks people to wait then wait you joined their game... There are a few players that have complained in forums that i myself have booted, instead of allowing the player to be flamed, or being ignorant just a simple full team on the way will do. Most of the time uppers are willing to teach other players, but somtimes we just want to play the game and not have to instruct and guide the whole way.

Just food for thought

Be carful when pointing fingers because 10 may be pointing back at you....
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA View Post
    Be careful when pointing fingers because 10 may be pointing back at you....
    Its' actually 3 of 'em :P