Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Higher level players looking down on slighly lower players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    Its' actually 3 of 'em :P
    Lol 3 is the minimum from a Biblical perspective, in general there is more than one person involved
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I remember one run back when Shadow caves were really really hard. We had a level 48 mage in AO2 gear in our random group and the rest of the people were 55ish. I was tank and trying to pull bosses individually and most of the rest of the team was just rushing ahead or sitting there on top of me drawing random aggro and getting killed (even after I told them to sit and wait), but the 48 mage was staying back and always asking about strategy and was often the only one left alive to rez the other mages. Eventually two people left and the level 48 stayed with a level 55 bird and me and we finished the map, and we didn't even use elixirs as I recall.

Point is, skill counts a whole deal more than a difference of a few levels.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

This is becoming a bigger issue than many realize. I join many games when my friends are either busy or not on. This gives me a chance to interact with new people and learn new things. Lately, I have seen a large increase in unnecessary booting, booting without a sufficient explanation, and 55-56's with a false sense of empowerment. When I ask why the booting is occuring and I feel the excuse is unwarranted, I leave myself.

People need to realize this game is for fun.... only. It should also be restated not all 55+ are GREAT players and some lower lvls can hold their own. An example: last night I joined a Stronghold game with a 52, 51, and a 49. After about 6 people came and left, I told them I would lead. Soon after a lvl 55 (Maybin) joined the fight. We died a couple of times but cleared the level and actually took care of the king and queen faster than some "elite" levels I have played with.

Bottom line... it's a game. Remember: we were all "noobs" at some point and ALL of us can learn from someone else, regardless of level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

My level 51 bird is pure win. But I know I can't use it.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nazgulking, I don't need you to give me anything.
    I just thought it was ironic you were reprimanding people for booting others under lvl 55.

New York... can't you just read my accent?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ahhh Weoban is one of my friends... I ALWAYS let him in, totally not useless as a player with either character.. and he is a nice person.

I do feel bad when people boot for no reason what so ever... if you ARE a host, and have a group.. tell me and I'll leave, no reason to boot.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Call it what it is: stereotyping

Unless you know the player, they have just your level (and if they even bother to look, your gear) to go on to "judge" your experience level. Just about everyone is trying to get through levels and bosses as quickly as possible. My suggestion is that you should simply go into a PUG with lowered expectations. If your character is a lower level, expect to be booted. If you're a bear, expect to be booted. If you wear a certain Big Luck, expect to be booted.

Do I blame them? For someone I'm unfamiliar with, I simply don't put much effort anymore in trying to understand their motives. They'll have their reasons and I won't stick around to try. The best argument is the one that's avoided.

I'm not too far from my third 56 and I think I've seen my share of player mistreatment. One last suggestion is to please DO NOT repeat/do onto others as how you've been mistreated. Don't propagate the hate.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Les, again that was not the point of my post. I don't rant about booting lower levels. I rant about lvl 55-56s that mob lower level players Plus I've said it would be nice that people spend 2 seconds more to write a boot reason, instead of a "na" which doesn't mean anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

nazgul, give it up... you're pwned! LOL

As to the OT, I think it is partly the GCD to blame for this. Pre-GCD you could do Goblin King with a party of 50/51s. Pre-GCD we had many of these "Level 51 parties". It is no longer possible.

When the devs asked for specific feedback, they focused on how long it takes to run the maps. But that only measured the time it takes to cut through the mobs. If instead they tested with parties WITHIN THE LEVELS OF THE CAMPAIGN, they would discover that level 51 and level 53 is no longer capable of killing CERTAIN bosses. Especially in the case of Goblin King, the entire party, even with birds, can not take down the totem when it turns green.

This is not true of Hideout, however, I have been having similar failures in there, too. People will quit at the boss now, so smaller groups have to try to beat the bosses, then people join but don't make it to the boss before the party wipes and half the players leave. It's really very humbling, but not in a good way.

The game is in transition. People are learning that they want to grind to 55 while skipping bosses. Can you blame them? You have to pay plat for elixirs now. Party wipes are very common now. And the pinks don't drop. Who needs another useless orange item for the price of several plat (multiple times) and ten minutes of trying to cajole people into staying for the boss fight?

So there are three types of game now. Grinding, where they skip the boss, and level 48 to 54 are doing this. Boss hunting, where they join grinding games with the abandoned bosses (even easier than rushing), and Level Cap games where they play as if GCD never happened. If you join a Level Cap game when your intention is to grind, you'll probably get booted for being too low.

My suggestion to the devs still stands. Provide a means for us to tag our games with the levels and classes we are seeking, and even with a choice between farming, grinding, or clearing. Then people will know that they are welcome in some games, not welcome in others, and this whole boot-to-create-the-ideal-party behavior will become a thing of the past.

Of course, they could also try beating the bosses with 5 level 51s, and again with 5 level 53s, just incase it reveals that some buffs are still too high in the post-GCD system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Caccavari View Post
    I get booted all the times from Balefort Sewer runs because of the 55/56 elitists.

I'm level 54 by the way but it's been like that all through the 50s.
    Worst part is that I know of plenty of lower level players (early 50s) who literally clear BS like a walk in the park while some 55+ are still struggling with it. Sad really because these players end up limiting who they see play and on a bunch of elite players who simply haven't reached 55 yet.

I stuck with a party over the weekend of people 49 to 54 (54 being me) but mostly 52s and had a blast. After they left I ran with some 55s and I can vouch that they could have learned a lot from the 49 bear I ran with earlier. Stats and gear do not make up for great skills.
    Last edited by StompArtist; 04-25-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

What do you mean with pwned, snake? No one ever throws coffins at me from the sky :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

What do you mean with pwned, snake? No one ever throws coffins at me from the sky :P
    You sir, got a paink point. Turned it around with 0 resentment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    You sir, got a paink point. Turned it around with 0 resentment.
    A paink?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    A paink?
    A paink indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    A paink indeed.
    And may I inquire on what a paink actually is???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Let's just say, you were not slain by the hand of man...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I booted someone off of my game yesterday (for the first time) because he kept asking for help (I was at the boss and he was at the starting point and he kept dying, I eventually backtracked to save him), and he asked me for both potions. And when I gave him 50 HP and 25 Mana potions (which was pretty generous in my opinion) he had the nerve to ask me for 100 more of each.
    Daijue - Level 51 Archer | Minyeungjai - Level 52 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaiJue View Post
    I booted someone off of my game yesterday (for the first time) because he kept asking for help (I was at the boss and he was at the starting point and he kept dying, I eventually backtracked to save him), and he asked me for both potions. And when I gave him 50 HP and 25 Mana potions (which was pretty generous in my opinion) he had the nerve to ask me for 100 more of each.
    Yeah that's a good boot reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Slained, snake? O_o
    Sob, people are trying to kill me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    And may I inquire on what a paink actually is???
    a paink is whatever you want it to be, in pink quality. my personal paink points are not self given, they are BS pinks. but i can give painks for people who's posts approach pink quality