Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This means you will give me a BS pink?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

hah you wish. just telling you you posted a pink quality message there.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    nazgul, give it up... you're pwned! LOL

As to the OT, I think it is partly the GCD to blame for this. Pre-GCD you could do Goblin King with a party of 50/51s. Pre-GCD we had many of these "Level 51 parties". It is no longer possible.

..........If instead they tested with parties WITHIN THE LEVELS OF THE CAMPAIGN, they would discover that level 51 and level 53 is no longer capable of killing CERTAIN bosses. Especially in the case of Goblin King, the entire party, even with birds, can not take down the totem when it turns green.

This is not true of Hideout, however, I have been having similar failures in there, too. People will quit at the boss now, so smaller groups have to try to beat the bosses, then people join but don't make it to the boss before the party wipes and half the players leave. It's really very humbling, but not in a good way.

Of course, they could also try beating the bosses with 5 level 51s, and again with 5 level 53s, just incase it reveals that some buffs are still too high in the post-GCD system.
    The idea that Goblin or any other BS boss can't be beat by a team of 51's is not true. We do it regularly and quickly in our 51 farm runs. A couple nights ago, with a group of 3 archers and two mages we got GC before even needing to attack totem. We then repeated about 2 or 3 more times at least.

The new archer to the group said, "I've never seen him die that fast." It's ALL about skill.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

MY POINTS are:

There are now three different kinds of games in Sewers:
    1. Grinding: levels 50 to 54
    2. Farming: levels 55 and 56 mostly
    3. Clearing: rare and hardcore, usually level cappers

If you are grinding and you enter a farming game, you get booted for being too low. This has been going on since long before Sewers. It only started happening now in Sewers because... this is my second point...

1. Elixirs now cost plat
    2. More people are bailing out at boss so the boss fights don't have full parties.
    3. Boss fights take a lot longer.

Please don't quote one example, refute it, and ignore the relation of my post to the actual topic. Especially when it's true for most people but not for you because you can recruit a skilled group.

p.s. Add me... LOL I have a level 51 bear named Corelli and I know how to tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This is a problem then -- people should not have to wait for lvl 55-56 to farm. I despise grinding (CtK runs at lvl 47-49ish were the most grueling for me), and will not play just for xp anymore. I will never again skip a boss just to get xp faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

That's how it was pre-GCD, Les. But now that elixirs cost plat, people are bailing at the boss. And that's why high levels are booting low levels. High level players don't need plat to beat a boss. It's back to that again, grinding and farming, the way it was in AO3 when you'd get booted and they didn't even have to say why. Now they do, but the answer is the same: different motives.

And I really think if you could look at games and read if the host intends to grind, farm, or clear, it will be a lot easier to find the game that is right for you, and there will be less booting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's all about the particular player, not the level. I do 51 farming runs with Duped on my 52 bird and we can kill all the Sewers bosses with no problem. When I play with PUGs of all 55s and 56s, including birds, I still wind up with aggro on my 52 bird because I know how to deal more damage.

The idea that players from 50-54 can't do anything in the Sewers is a gross overgeneralization. Some players are good. Some players are bad. Try to play with people before you judge their skill based solely on level.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I completley agree with this..
    ive had lv 20s join my games of lv 30s and he was doing alot more then the high lvls.

People really doint get much credit if there lower then the campaign req.

example.when go to frzen nightmares on my lv 25 im carrying the group of lv 30s-40s in the game.

just cause someones a lower lvl doesnt mean they cant play so give everyone a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg