Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shield of Gratitude Granted to Everyone Who Purchased 30 Plat or More

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Shield of Gratitude Granted to Everyone Who Purchased 30 Plat or More

For the 1 Year Anniversary we granted a special vanity item, the Shield of Gratitude, to anyone who had previously purchased all of the "Main Spine" maps that were changed to be free.

We have expanded the grant of the Shield of Gratitude to include anyone who had previously purchased 30 Platinum or more. You can find the Shield of Gratitude vanity item in your Stash.

We know that Pocket Legends wouldn't be the game it is without our fans. We love you!
    Last edited by Samhayne; 04-25-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

first.....
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So let me get this straight.

You promise a helmet to the people who joined in the first 2-3 mos. Then you change it to 6 mos. To include more people. Then to two months to make it more exclusive. Then you put crazy stats on this super-exclusive helm (that has never been done before).

Yet...You give a gift to people who bought all the maps that you then offered for free. It has no stats, it just offers a bit of uniqueness. Now you give it to pretty much everyone. So it's not unique at all. It was supposed to be a special edition item. Now it's not.

I really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    So let me get this straight.

You promise a helmet to the people who joined in the first 2-3 mos. Then you change it to 6 mos. To include more people. Then to two months to make it more exclusive. Then you put crazy stats on this super-exclusive helm (that has never been done before).

Yet...You give a gift to people who bought all the maps that you then offered for free. It has no stats, it just offers a bit of uniqueness. Now you give it to pretty much everyone. So it's not unique at all. It was supposed to be a special edition item. Now it's not.

I really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.
    I have to agree with Red here. Special items are just not so special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I have to agree with Red here. Special items are just not so special.
    Wrong "rider"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What the sam hill is going on around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Wrong "rider"
    ooops. Sorry. I agree with ColorlessRider. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to agree with Les as well. Isn't 30 plat the lowest amount you can buy? That would surely mean everybody would qualify for this. I don't see how that shield can possibly be unique at all.
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Not only that, I don't recall many people complaining that they didn't get the shield. If anything, I saw a couple of people upset because they missed out by one map. So simple solution -- give them the option to pay for the one map they're missing to get the shield. If they don't want to do that, then they suck it up. And give them only 1-2 weeks to make this decision.
    Why in the world would you suddenly decide to give this shield to everyone?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Does tapjoy plat also apply to this lowered shield of gratitude requirement?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm not sure if my memory serves me right, but how much would 30 plat get you in terms of the "main spine"? I haven't bought it ever since I started nor checked the pricing before hand.

Will 30 plat buy you the entire main spine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lol... Just, lol.

30 Plat is nothing. If you are going to expand it to Plat buying, those who have bought 100 would qualify better. Means they either bought the bigger packages or at least the smaller packages twice, showing real intention to stay a while longer.

As for founder helm/grat shield comparison debate... I wish it could have been 6 months so that I would have it. But I accept the fact that I don't. If people don't qualify for set requirements, that should be that.
    A better gratitude shield update? Make it so that any class can use the crystal version. I will never use this shield on my pally or bird as it stands.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

this doesnt seem to be a well received decisions by StS so far . I for one do not like it becuase it will not longer be unique .:/

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

now this shield means so little
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

And since this wasn't run by anyone before beig implemented, I suppose there's nothing to do about it -- you can't take back the shield from people you just gave it to.

Maybe a new item given for the original intention? I dunno. I really just need to {facepalm}.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think they are headed in the right direction. Just a little bit strayed.

Balance is needed. I think they should make it so there is enough people that get it, with it still maintaining it's uniqueness. Kinda like how the Founders helm was originally made for April-June members. IMO. It was perfect like that and shouldn't have been changed. To make it maintain uniqueness however still be common enough for people to have, make it so people who purchase all the campaigns. Showing true dedication to STS. The main spine works as well.

Just a suggestion . ^.^. Enjoy .

Apologies for any grammatical errors. Typing this on my iPhone while rushing to class. .
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    I think they are headed in the right direction. Just a little bit strayed.

Balance is needed. I think they should make it so there is enough people that get it, with it still maintaining it's uniqueness. Kinda like how the Founders helm was originally made for April-June members. IMO. It was perfect like that and shouldn't have been changed. To make it maintain uniqueness however still be common enough for people to have, make it so people who purchase all the campaigns. Showing true dedication to STS. The main spine works as well.

Just a suggestion . ^.^. Enjoy .

Apologies for any grammatical errors. Typing this on my iPhone while rushing to class. .
    Parth, you usually make a lot of sense, but you just contradicted yourself. I'm not even sure what your opinion is on the matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I guess the rushing to class doesn't help on clarification. I think he is supporting original intentions all around.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    I'm going to reserve judgment until we see what that Veterans Rewards program thing will be capable of.

By then, all of this stuff will probably be moot.
    Thing is, if they are going to have a veterans program, then those who bought 30 plat will be rewarded anyway. Why did they have to chane this now from its original intention?

All these changes are making my head hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The primary argument against level requirements in maps has always been that people should be allowed to play in any map they paid for. So, when they decided to put level requirements on maps, they also made the main sequence of maps free. That took away the screaming about no being able to join things that were purchased. And then, to soften the blow, because you just KNEW someone would say that they had bought all the maps that are now free and wanted their money back, they made this shield. It was originally a twinkable item with stats, but then they took the stats off it because it's not fair in PvP, I guess. That made it so they had to take the stats off the highly-coveted PL Shield and the also-special Community Shield, because people were also using them to gain an unfair advantage in PvP. That meant that they had to create a new column under inventory for vanity shields. So they might as well hand out vanity shields to anyone who spent about $10. Put that new column in inventory to good use.

But this all started with a wish to have level requirements in maps. If this is what it takes to do that, then AMEN!

I do, however, still wish they hadn't retracted the helm I was expecting to get. I know that the founders were here before me, but it would have been a huge honor to be included. So it goes.