Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shield of Gratitude Granted to Everyone Who Purchased 30 Plat or More

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm an enchantress and when ever I equip the Sheila my staff disappersbut it still says it's equipped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Snake, just need to point out -- the free maps are a promotion. They won't be free forever, just for the people who made accounts before the promotion ends. So we will still have people buying maps they can't use yet, once the promotion is over (unless that changed since).

I still see absolutely no reason why this shield had to be changed all of a sudden. If that's how things are going to be, then extend the Founder's helm to more people as well.

I'm sounding like a broken record, but... MIXED MESSAGES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

If we collectively spent the time writing guides that we spent on vanity shields, we would have a bunch of new guides. Just sayin'.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I have heard that, too, but with the way minds change around here lately, I don't know what to believe.

Still, I keep telling myself, if they give SoG to 30 plat people, I can't wait to find out what the 800 plat buyers are getting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    If we collectively spent the time writing guides that we spent on vanity shields, we would have a bunch of new guides. Just sayin'.
    Same could be said for the devs.

Just sayin'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Sorry....I respect everyone on this thread immensely, but the amount of time spent debating a stat-less (because we gave feedback that it was overpowered/"unfair"/whatever and they adjusted) vanity shield boggles my mind. Who cares how "exclusive" this stat-less vanity shield is?

Founder helm a different story because it does have stats, but I'm not touching that dead horse.

Just my $0.02. Not claiming to be right or wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Sorry....I respect everyone on this thread immensely, but the amount of time spent debating a stat-less (because we gave feedback that it was overpowered/"unfair"/whatever and they adjusted) vanity shield boggles my mind. Who cares how "exclusive" this stat-less vanity shield is?

Founder helm a different story because it does have stats, but I'm not touching that dead horse.

Just my $0.02. Not claiming to be right or wrong.
    Meh. Might as well make more vanity items for plat (like a spare tire shield!) and forget about the rewards altogether.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Meh. Might as well make more vanity items for plat (like a spare tire shield!) and forget about the rewards altogether.
    I like, I like...will it have raised sidewall lettering????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I like, I like...will it have raised sidewall lettering????
    PL Racing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Moog, I respect you as well. But...

I'll use your example
    If my LesBurger Deluxes came with a LesFun Toy for those who bought 100 burgers between the months of January and February, and it was never going to be released again. And then they changed it a month later and said "actually, we're giving it to anyone who bought 15 burgers during that time period. You'll receive your toy in the mail."

You don't think the people who bought the 100 burgers should be annoyed that all of a sudden their LesFun Toys were no longer unique and exclusive?

Especially since those people who were there from the beginning still got to keep their 10% discounts that no one else got!
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-25-2011 at 02:11 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey everyone,

We hear you - we knew that by giving the Shield of Gratitude out to more people would make it a bit less special. Please keep in mind that the Shield of Gratitude is a one time grant - not a vet reward. Yeah, right now it might seem like a lot of people have it - but it's a mark in time. As time marches on, it will be a bit more sweet. "Wow, you were around when they gave that shield out? Cooool" Or at least, that's our hope as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I didn't realize guys whine this much.....just saying
    Samhayne...might wanna borrow that shield from Cinco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I dunno Les, I always threw away my toys from value meals but to counter....the way I look at things, at least I still had a LesToy (lol) that I didn't have in the first place.

All I was trying to say, is that two weeks ago we didn't even know this shield existed. Now we are extensively debating on this stat-less shield on how "exclusive" it is. Maybe it is because I am older than almost all of you, but to me I just look at it like "I could care less who has it, my bear looks pimp with it as a vanity shield over-riding the base shield, RAWR!". I just don't care who else has what. I'm fine with it and am looking forward to seeing whatever this Veteran's Rewards thingie is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lesrider View Post
    i really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.
    rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

didn't get mine...yes, i checked the stash 225 plat bought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I dunno Les, I always threw away my toys from value meals but to counter....the way I look at things, at least I still had a LesToy (lol) that I didn't have in the first place.

All I was trying to say, is that two weeks ago we didn't even know this shield existed. Now we are extensively debating on this stat-less shield on how "exclusive" it is. Maybe it is because I am older than almost all of you, but to me I just look at it like "I could care less who has it, my bear looks pimp with it as a vanity shield over-riding the base shield, RAWR!". I just don't care who else has what. I'm fine with it and am looking forward to seeing whatever this Veteran's Rewards thingie is.
    My main point is that on one hand, they're making one item MORE exclusive (and one that gives an unfair advantage, mind you), while they're making the other one LESS exclusive.
    Even though the Gratitude shield does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING stat-wise, and has no benefit whatsoever other than looking unique, they now took even that away. But the helm, which gives an obvious advantage, is kept to just a select few -- keeping the people with that advantage even smaller. I just have trouble getting my head around all this. I'm a logical person, and when choices/decisions are made that make NO sense, it really bugs me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey everyone,

We hear you - we knew that by giving the Shield of Gratitude out to more people would make it a bit less special. Please keep in mind that the Shield of Gratitude is a one time grant - not a vet reward. Yeah, right now it might seem like a lot of people have it - but it's a mark in time. As time marches on, it will be a bit more sweet. "Wow, you were around when they gave that shield out? Cooool" Or at least, that's our hope as well.
    What best but a Simon and Garfunkel song?

Slow down, you move too fast.
    You got to make the morning last.
    Just kicking down the cobble stones.
    Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
    Hello lamppost,
    What cha knowing?
    I've come to watch your flowers growing.
    Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
    Doot-in' doo-doo,
    Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
    No promises to keep.
    I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
    Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
    Life, I love you,
    All is groovy.

Slow down guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mooger I agree with you I won't get upset over a useless vanity item. My auto bow disappears when I wear it anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe this was an attempt to satisfy all those who complained about how they didnt get it. The main spine was a lot more than 30 platinum, so those who bought 30 platinum will get an exclusive shield that should be reserved to those who actually invested in the main spine. I honestly feel like ive been ripped off here. Those who actually bought the main spine deserve something more then an extremely common sheild. I understand that you dont want to lose players, but this is just rediculous. This promotes the idea that whining gets you what you want.

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    What best but a Simon and Garfunkel song?

Slow down, you move too fast.
    You got to make the morning last.
    Just kicking down the cobble stones.
    Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
    Hello lamppost,
    What cha knowing?
    I've come to watch your flowers growing.
    Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
    Doot-in' doo-doo,
    Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
    No promises to keep.
    I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
    Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
    Life, I love you,
    All is groovy.

Slow down guys
    Nice reference

For me personally, I espouse that it's better to move with an 80% solution at the 100% right time, than miss the timing and wait for a 100% solution. But then, that's just me.