Thread: Is DPS more important than Damage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In a delusional bliss of useful servitude.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hidden_lantern View Post
    Higher Damage is more important as it affects your skills damage as well as to negate the armor of the enemy.
    If you are doing 10 damage at 0.5 seconds, your dps is 20 dps.
    If you are doing 15 damage at 1 second, your dps is 15 dps.
    The 20dps weapon seems to be better.
    However, if the enemy has 10 armor, you will be doing 0 dmg to the enemy with your 20dps weapon.
    The 15dps weapon however, will be still be able to do 5 dmg per second.
    Excellent...
    so what is this about the skills damage coinciding with or affecting weapon damage??
    if there is a short answer can u tell me here, if not maybe you could point me to the thread discussing this.
    thanks everyone...I have been here all day and am a better person (*ahem) gamer for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Excellent...
    so what is this about the skills damage coinciding with or affecting weapon damage??
    if there is a short answer can u tell me here, if not maybe you could point me to the thread discussing this.
    thanks everyone...I have been here all day and am a better person (*ahem) gamer for it.
    Skill damage is calculated based on a few factors: skill ranks, primary attribute (Int for elves, Dex for birds, Str for bears), equipped weapon damage (not DPS, but raw damage), and I think one other thing I'm blanking on. A higher damage weapon will produce more skill damage than a lower damage weapon, even if the DPS of the two are the same.

I have heard rumor that there may be a few weapons that increase skill damage well beyond what the weapon damage would indicate, but I haven't seen it in action myself, and they are the exception, not the rule.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Skill damage is calculated based on a few factors: skill ranks, primary attribute (Int for elves, Dex for birds, Str for bears), equipped weapon damage (not DPS, but raw damage), and I think one other thing I'm blanking on. A higher damage weapon will produce more skill damage than a lower damage weapon, even if the DPS of the two are the same.

I have heard rumor that there may be a few weapons that increase skill damage well beyond what the weapon damage would indicate, but I haven't seen it in action myself, and they are the exception, not the rule.
    The rumors are true, but unfortunately they increase skill damage well BELOW what the weapon damage would indicate. These are primarily two hand warrior weapons above level 35.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?