Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singe vs Samael vs Maridos vs Toor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Singe vs Samael vs Maridos vs Toor

Which of these arcane pets are better for a sorcerer? Cus I don't really know which one to choose since all of them has their own advantages.
    (For PvP)
    Last edited by xlRaidenlx; 11-09-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by xlRaidenlx View Post
    Which of these arcane pets are better for a sorcerrer? Cus I don't really know which one to choose since all of them has their own advantages.

-Outloud
    Maridos all 3 classes

Tank: PVP Amazing for clash / PVE , generally best one there.

Rogue: PVP Sam is really good too. I don't rogue so you need to pick between maridos or sam.

Mage: Maridos (although some Mages claim singe is better for their class)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Overweightank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Maridos all 3 classes

Tank: PVP Amazing for clash / PVE , generally best one there.

Rogue: PVP Sam is really good too. I don't rogue so you need to pick between maridos or sam.

Mage: Maridos (although some Mages claim singe is better for their class)
    Oh, thank you. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by xlRaidenlx; 11-09-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

No. Get pet dependin on your class.. For tank you should get singe as the extra hp and dmg reduc will help you survive better in elites(also singe stun). For rogue get maridos, 'nuff said. For mage singe or maridos is fine. Toor is not worth it right now, and samael is mainly a pvp pet though the banish can be nice in new elites.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    No. Get pet dependin on your class.. For tank you should get singe as the extra hp and dmg reduc will help you survive better in elites(also singe stun). For rogue get maridos, 'nuff said. For mage singe or maridos is fine. Toor is not worth it right now, and samael is mainly a pvp pet though the banish can be nice in new elites.
    Okay. Thank you. Which one will help me survive longer tho? Singe or Maridos?
    Last edited by xlRaidenlx; 11-09-2021 at 07:05 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xlRaidenlx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Maridos for sorcerers.the hp will help u survive longer and of course the aa is so good for the team.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to coldheart For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Maridos is much better for tank than Singe. Getting past that 250hp is easy because Maridos has Banish, Same AA as singe but without stun. You get more pet damage. Maridos has more crit. (Crit is very useful for tanks due to big mobs and arena, ofc PvP crit is very important)

Overall Singe is a good pet no doubt. But Maridos would be a much better choice for Elites. Survival (meaning what will give you most Hp and Armor, Singe) but if you wanna be a more useful tank and get more PT's and do runs faster; Maridos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Maridos is much better for tank than Singe. Getting past that 250hp is easy because Maridos has Banish, Same AA as singe but without stun. You get more pet damage. Maridos has more crit. (Crit is very useful for tanks due to big mobs and arena, ofc PvP crit is very important)

Overall Singe is a good pet no doubt. But Maridos would be a much better choice for Elites. Survival (meaning what will give you most Hp and Armor, Singe) but if you wanna be a more useful tank and get more PT's and do runs faster; Maridos.
    For new elites it certainly is better for a tank to have singe. Most mages and rogues with arcane pets have a maridos. 2 maridos aa will not stack. Singe and maridos aa stacks. Also singe+mage firebal can be a pretty nice stunlock which lets rogues play safer. With new elites having every mob 1hit,id play safer and have the run be like a min or 2 longer rather than use an ankh each pull(overexaggeration you know what i mean though). Also correct if in wrong but without aa doesnt singe give more hp? But in the end maridos has the better buff with aa yes. But maridos is far too common,more than singe users. By the way tanks are generally invited to parties to hold aggro, not try to outdamage a rogue or mage. So i dont really see where youre going with the whole 10% crit idea.
    To the OP, since youre a mage get a maridos as crit will help with your damage over time skills as well as lightning. The maridos aa if you rotate with 2 maridos on team means a nonstop buff throughout the whole elite run if done properly.
    Last edited by Oursizes; 07-13-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think for an end game mage Samael is the best (except for Nekro). Forget about the stats of the happiness bonus, Samael has a passive healing and mana regen effect that is way OP compared to that of any other pet. It allows you to run PvP without using healing skill, which then allows you to use a 3rd attack skill instead, which gives you a big advantage.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

PvP Samael, PvE Maridos.

Ofc Nekro is better in both respects though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Singe v Maridos ? As a mage if gold is an issue go for the cheapest one

Toor is a complete fail as an arcane pet which is a shame. I predicted it would be a failure of arcane proportions when it's sneak peak info came out. If it had a good sized AoE root ability while the fissures came into affect that would be awesome.
    Fissures are too tame along with its general stats.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

i am prefering singe because of stun. Singe + clock + fire + ice. Makes me stun mobs almost all the time. So party safety. But from other side mari cool to.

i think its depend what you need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think for an end game mage Samael is the best (except for Nekro). Forget about the stats of the happiness bonus, Samael has a passive healing and mana regen effect that is way OP compared to that of any other pet. It allows you to run PvP without using healing skill, which then allows you to use a 3rd attack skill instead, which gives you a big advantage.
    So you're saying that meager healing that isn't always active is superior to the HUGELY superior stats that the other pets give you? How does a passive heal help if you're always dead?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Guys, Outloud is lvl 31 PvP beast I don't think he need pve pet
    Out, Personally I would prefer Singe becouse of hp, primary stat and aa

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xnorwayx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Nekro for 1st place for sure. If you time we'll, you could be un-stunable.
    If it's only for pvp, I'll say Sam too for its passive heals and panic. Or Maridos for 3rd choice.

Maridos is good for pve with banish. Armor buff and stat will be helpful in pvp but no panic.
    Singe is OK too but no panic. And Maridos is overall better than singe.
    Toor is just broken.

Stat bonus is good but not deadly significant unless you are low level twink. Even on twink I like sam tho. Personally preference.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    So you're saying that meager healing that isn't always active is superior to the HUGELY superior stats that the other pets give you? How does a passive heal help if you're always dead?
    Samael also has an awesome AA which stuns 90% of the time. That too is very helpful. I don't find that I'm always dead, I find that I'm able to kill others very fast with 3 attack skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Samael was the top pet available for over a year and a half because of that passive regen and panic AA. Especially for pvp, especially for rogues. There is a lot to be said for practically endless mana when you stack up a pile of Sams. However, a dogpile of VB warriors does it even better.

There are better pets now, especially for PvE (which I have never liked Sam for). Maridos is excellent. I find there are getting to be too many necros around at this time, and since I hate having to constantly watch for other shields to disperse then count down until it can be activated, I generally prefer using Mari for that reason.

I think arcane pets are pretty similar for all classes at this time. I also use singe on mage and love it.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Samael was the top pet available for over a year and a half because of that passive regen and panic AA. Especially for pvp, especially for rogues. There is a lot to be said for practically endless mana when you stack up a pile of Sams. However, a dogpile of VB warriors does it even better.

There are better pets now, especially for PvE (which I have never liked Sam for). Maridos is excellent. I find there are getting to be too many necros around at this time, and since I hate having to constantly watch for other shields to disperse then count down until it can be activated, I generally prefer using Mari for that reason.

I think arcane pets are pretty similar for all classes at this time. I also use singe on mage and love it.
    I have always found Singe best for ~easy~ elites but nothing could touch Sam in the really tough maps. His banish AA works out to 10% of the mobs health/mobs armor, so against harder elite mobs it really ramps up (Easy example, a basic elite mob might have 10,000 health and 40% armor, so it would take 16,666 damage to wipe it out, so banish would work out 1,666 damage * number of mobs hit (This is an average).). His other attack is a spreading poison. Against easy elites, the mobs are well, dead to quick to spread so it is not noticed unless it is against high health/high armor mobs.
    A factor that could affect this is elite mobs that are immune to banish. If that becomes the norm, he would go right to the bargain bin.

As for Maridos, he has a 1% chance to banish on his passive. Sam's AA activates at 10% every 22 seconds. Assuming for a moment Maridos passive strikes the same number of Mobs as Sam's active, Maridos would have to ~swing~ once every 2 seconds to get the same effect. It would be interesting to test Maridos banish vs Sam's banish. Nekro also has banish on his AA, though I do not know the rate.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Samael also has an awesome AA which stuns 90% of the time. That too is very helpful. I don't find that I'm always dead, I find that I'm able to kill others very fast with 3 attack skills.
    The Stun on the AA is almost useless these days at endgame because EVERY class has a stun immunity and Nekro is everywhere...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

well i can say samael as a stubborn samael lover lol. samael is op. people says, samael's AA is useless when there is a nekro in the opposite team bla bla bla... thats their problem. if they cant focus on enemy dps', ally dps', team's health bars, enemy's nekro shield etc etc at the same time, thats their problem lol. my sam is still op because i ALWAYS cast its AA at the right time and its gg. you can think about singe too. it has nice stats and a cool buff pet. i cant say something about toor because we didnt test it in a clash yet. but about maridos.... LOL.. there is a FREE legendary version of maridos.. its called VALKIN.. just kill elite inan and its yours. dont forget valkin gives you and your team a lot of mana and mana regen too

Signature credits to Bellaelda