Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Planar Tomb 3 - Pro (non-parking) Ankh Saver Run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default [GUIDE] Planar Tomb 3 - Pro (non-parking) Ankh Saver Run

Map and pull guide for Planar Tombs 3.

After many many runs with many different players including some of the top runners around, this is what I found to be the most efficient strategy. (Thanks to Twoxc and Protigy for the team-working on the final refinements for this)

The only really difficult spot is Kill Point 3, and most issues can be avoided by running up and down the hall along the walls (I run up one wall and down the other while shooting). The big guys hit hard but they die super fast, so it is about 10 seconds of chaos.

Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward. This map gives the precise kill count needed to spawn the boss. If you miss a vine or something bounces from moving past the marked kill points, you may need to go to the other hall off the last circle and kill a wolf.

Party Size
    A party of 3 will alway take far less damage on the boss than a party of 4, and is not any slower. This is the same as for most maps in the game. I always recommend trio over going full size.

Boss Fight
    Pulling the boss towards the door is (arguably) the absolute worst thing you can do. Moving him off his spawn platform appears to heavily increase the number of one-hits both from him and the bombs.

NOTE: These are my observations based on both number watching and the number of times my parties get one-hit by stones - others disagree, so test and see which works best for you.

If you stay amongst the pink crystal thingies close to the wall and spread out, you will find the damage is totally survivable. When we pulled him off the platform, I got one-hit almost every time, with 4700hp and damage reduction on.

I do recommend using a damage reduction elixir to give yourself some breathing room. That way if your pots lag, you'll still be alive and save on ankhs. The stones were doing 2100 damage to me with 1500 armor and DR elix. With no elix they never went higher than 3700, even on a crit.

Staying close to the walls also seems to prevent his hammer from hitting you (works about 80% of the time). Our party of 3 rogues had no more than 2-3 deaths per fight, and sometimes none at all. We just made a triangle and hit the crap out of him. He couldn't decide who to aggro on, and when he did, he usually hit the wall instead of us.

As for the vines, the number has been reduced to a reasonable amount now, so they really aren't an issue. If they get in your way, just move around them.

Additional Note: If you are going to pull him off the platform, make sure the party members spread out and stay put. Running close to other players will get you and them killed, so if rogues run in circles, as most are in the habit of, it's pretty much certain death. You should only need to move to avoid his red zone attacks. If you position yourselves in a triangle or square positioning, this should help survivability a lot.

NEWSFLASH

According to Twoxc, it is possible to keep the stones from falling. The boss produces flashing purple rings, usually right after his redzone ring begins. If everyone in the party stays well clear of these purple flashy things, it appears that he does not throw stones at you.

Disclaimer: I have not tested this extensively, but did complete a fight with a party of 4 using this method, and not a single stone was thrown. The other runs, someone always got hit by purple. It's not easy, but it does seem to work.

Name:  Tomb3-Map-Guide-full.jpg
Views: 3933
Size:  192.8 KB

Disclaimer: I know others will have pulls they prefer, but this is the run that I find best. I also don't believe in parking, since it wastes time and the giants actually die faster than any of the other mobs. You just have to avoid getting hit by them.

I am also aware that many believe pulling the boss down to the door is better. However, the testing was conclusive, so feel free to try this method for yourselves before posting. Thanks.

Parking Run

Due to popular demand, I am adding the parking run. This also includes Moo's Soft Mob Method™. This method of softening mobs (done by scaling to a solo player and then having the party join just before the runner sets the mobs in place at the end of the green route) will only work until the elite timers are turned back on.

While I generally disapprove of both parking and "easy" methods of doing things, these maps cost so much in ankhs, even to geared players, and give such low return on your investments, that I am making an exception in this case. Again, there are faster ways of doing the run, but this is the easiest method for average geared players.

Name:  Tomb3-Map-Guide-Parking.jpg
Views: 3236
Size:  180.4 KB
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-27-2015 at 03:24 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Can you also recommend what kind of pet on this map? and also what pet for boss fight?
    thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

No Grimm, no game. Hit reduction is your best friend here. I even prefer him to Sam for maps like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    Can you also recommend what kind of pet on this map? and also what pet for boss fight?
    thanks
    Singe (I realize this an expensive pet), but damage reduction, beast stats, AoE DOT Arcane Ability, he's got the works!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

How fast are runs for tomb 2 and 3, and how much ankh's are used in each tomb?
    "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese Proverb
    IGN: Pureloot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I avoid tomb 2.

Tomb 3 with this guide is approximately 10minutes for a party of 3. Note that the damage amounts noted in the original post is for 3 people. With 4 you will die a lot more. With 3 we use 3-5 ankhs per run as opposed to 10-15 with other strategies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Kill point 4, 5, and 6 can be combined safely if you know what you're doing and your party is using hit reduction pets.

What's your fastest run? I've personally achieved 6 minutes and some odd seconds with minimal deaths.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I'm aware of that, but since it is a guide, I was trying to make it realistic for non-overgeared teams. I didn't play the tombs before the clocks were turned off, since I was out of town, so I don't actually know our fastest time. Again I am basing the estimate on the likely run time for non-maxed teams.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Nice Map serancha cause I'm not a maxed out player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    Nice Map serancha cause I'm not a maxed out player
    Thanks! Damage reduction elixir is much cheaper than ankhs, so keep that in mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I'm aware of that, but since it is a guide, I was trying to make it realistic for non-overgeared teams. I didn't play the tombs before the clocks were turned off, since I was out of town, so I don't actually know our fastest time. Again I am basing the estimate on the likely run time for non-maxed teams.
    Okay, but why bring the 2 wolves and skelly down? Wolves reduce armor by 300 per hit and it stacks. Also, it sucks up time to pull them wait for them to come all the way down (while they're nipping at your heels and reducing armor).

Please don't take offense, but this is my suggestion. Try it out and let me know if it is an improvement:
    - Stick with Kill Point 1
    - Ignore Pulling Wolves
    - Bring Kill Point 3 to Bridge
    - Pull room just above Kill Point 2 onto Bridge (Ignore Sorcerer and Skeleton)
    - Extend Kill Point 3 into big circle room (allows for running space and for Grimm/Singe to evenly distribute hit reduction) & ignore the sorcerer at Kill Point 4
    - Pull Mobs to Kill Point 5 & Halfway through, pull Kill Point 6 onto Bridge as well. When you're doing this, the mobs from Kill Point 4 will follow you

I've done it in legendary gears and it's entirely possible but just need to keep a very close eye on the big guys.

PS: I do agree with you on the parking big guys! I hate parking them! They're the easiest to kill - just require a little bit of care.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

No offense taken. As I said, there's a lot of variations. This is the one I chose to make into my guide. People are free to do it differently, and there will certainly be refinements over time. However, the base run is solid, and I wanted to get the guide published mostly for the boss fight information.

People pulling the boss to the door is just a huge waste of ankhs, and getting that information out sooner was more important than waiting to refine nitty gritties of the mob pulls. Besides, this is a farming run not a speed run. I don't publish speed runs, as a rule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    No offense taken. As I said, there's a lot of variations. This is the one I chose to make into my guide. People are free to do it differently, and there will certainly be refinements over time. However, the base run is solid, and I wanted to get the guide published mostly for the boss fight information.

People pulling the boss to the door is just a huge waste of ankhs, and getting that information out sooner was more important than waiting to refine nitty gritties of the mob pulls. Besides, this is a farming run not a speed run. I don't publish speed runs, as a rule.
    Yep, pulling the boss to door was something I did not know about and will have to verify myself tonight (if you want to run, feel free to join). However, to be fair, I've never really gotten one hit by the falling stones unless they overlap.

Nevertheless, neat guide and I'm sure it'll help a lot of people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you for a Guide like this , was waiting for a guide to run properly and easier the tombs ,so, later I'll get a party to do some runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is your setup? 3 rouges?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

planars are not made for me .....;-( :-(:-(.......very hard to kill.. and boss always resets............:-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mythkapo View Post
    What is your setup? 3 rouges?
    I have run with 3 rogues most often. 2 rogues and one mage, or 2 rogues and a warrior are the other common combinations.

I have also run teams of 4 in various class combinations, but find it so much more costly, that I don't waste my money on 4 person teams anymore. However, if I agree to join a party and there are already 3 people there, it would be rude to leave, so I suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by utkarsh saini View Post
    planars are not made for me .....;-( :-(:-(.......very hard to kill.. and boss always resets............:-(
    Planar tombs are the hardest content in the game, and rightly so. These maps are not for undergeared or inexperienced players. If you can not manage them at this time, run other elites and build some skill and money, get proper gear, and then try again.

You don't need an arcane ring or mythic weapon. but you need at least magmatic quality weapons and ancient druid/living spirit/necriptic gear. Mythic ring is a must for dps characters - you need the hp for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

Very nice guide! Going to try your tips for boss fight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Thumbs up

As Parth stated this is very similar to the map 3 technique we have been using... I wasn't aware that boss being pulled off spawn point created that much more damage though... we'll need to look at that for sure. Also it's not 100% obvious on the drawings but many of those kill points can be right inside the hallways and always watch out for the evil sorc's and their fog of death... whatever they are really called... they get me the most if I'm not paying attention.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 12-01-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    As Parth stated this is very similar to the map 3 technique we have been using... I wasn't aware that boss being pulled off spawn point created that much more damage though... we'll need to look at that for sure. Also it's not 100% obvious on the drawings but many of those kill points can be right inside the hallways and always watch out for the evil sorc's and their fog of death... whatever they are really called... they get me the most if I'm not paying attention.
    Well, when we stay up top. I can stand in one place and have rocks rain on me, and I can almost always just pot through, getting 1700-2300 dmg per rock (with 3 people present and DR on). When we go off the platform, the rocks consistently kill me. So there's some big difference there. It was consistent and replicable.

When I was up top and someone was below, the boss took one step off the platform towards them, and suddenly the rocks were hitting 2900 until he came back up.

Yes, pull 3 is in a hall, and is the only tricky spot. The fake red zones on the giants can be a PITA. You can refine the pulls as suit your party. There are tons of options, this is just the one I prefer.

Edit: If you wanted to refine the pulls or use different ones for guild standardizing, you can take this map and use photoshop to fill over my arrows and notes, and then insert your own.
    Last edited by Serancha; 12-01-2014 at 04:17 PM.