Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mages are not your slaves...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mages are not your slaves...

Just finished a run in the sewers in disgust as once again some jerk made comments about how the Mage in the run (Me) was not doing her job.

Anyone else fed up with those who die a lot getting mad because they are not being revived fast enough? Don't they get that while we revive them we are open to getting killed more easily?

Sorry for the rant but it is getting irritating when other players are so narrow in their thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

REZ! HEAL!

Yes, it is common, unfortunately. Rez!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Really annoying when someone separates from the group, dies, and demands to be rez'd right away. Like I really want to waste time trying to figure out which corner they decided to go die in.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No more posting, Rez me pls! :P

Yeah I hear these a lot from my mage friends, so when I ask for a Rez, I ask if they want a cookie... XD
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was doing runs a day back and there was this guy that died about every 30 seconds. Every time he died he would say " hurry up and rev me now Mage!" after the third rev, when he died again I walked over to him and started using dance emote ontop of him....... I was booted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my mage alt is my new main but i hate when ppl do tht. if you play your part you wouldnt die as much and you wouldnt complian as much. we mages do what we can when we can best we can........cant be everywhere all at once......we do our best
    Ebanebam(lvl 55 and growing) Idudhd(lvl 54)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zipponator View Post
    i was doing runs a day back and there was this guy that died about every 30 seconds. Every time he died he would say " hurry up and rev me now mage!" after the third rev, when he died again i walked over to him and started using dance emote ontop of him....... I was booted
    lol!!!!!!!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i get pretty sick too!
    rez, heal. .....
    i always tell them its my job as a mage (pally) so I KNOW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

My mage is only lvl 30 and I play mostly in swamps. I actually prefer it when someone says "res" or "help" or something when they're dead. I think it's because the "floor" of the swamps is green but I have a hard time seeing where the dead people are with a ton of mobs around and the fireworks of combos going off. I can see from the exclamation mark that someone is dead but I have a hard time finding them...But no one dies in my group as long as they stay close to me because i keep everyone buffed and spam heals while nuking everything in sight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    My mage is only lvl 30 and I play mostly in swamps. ...no one dies in my group as long as they stay close to me because i keep everyone buffed and spam heals while nuking everything in sight!
    Have fun and make some memories. This will not be the case when you get to Balefort Sewers, where everyone not wearing bear armor can be killed in 1 or 2 hits. Cooperation, timing and awareness are so important there. That is why it's so hard with PUGs, where you get people acting like cowboys who do not pay attention to what is going on and do not know how to use their skills. Then they get mad at you for "not keeping them alive."

I know this is a rant thread, but honestly I've not run into a lot of people who complain in BS. There are a few exceptions, but most people know if you stand on a grate you're gonna be toast. When I complain, it's usually because people over-aggro by going the wrong way, realizing it, and then bringing mobs back with them. Then we end up in the center of a Pocket Legends sandwich. Yum! I try to keep my complaint short with something like "bird!" unless they respond with "what?" in which case I tell them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I've got higher level characters so I know all about firegrates unfortunately. My bird is strangely attracted to them. Haha.
    My mage has been lvl 30 for a while. I've got the xp gain off so I can get lower level drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Delete this thread fast!! My slavechantress may not read it !! Then she will kill me =/

DELETE!!!!
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's really not a bad idea as long as it's not done in an obnoxious way....Rez me you noob!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Really annoying when someone separates from the group, dies, and demands to be rez'd right away. Like I really want to waste time trying to figure out which corner they decided to go die in.
    amen!!! Sooooo annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Players need to learn how to keep themselves alive that is why STS created health potions. Depending on a mage to keep you alive is a very lazy way of playing the game. That is one of the reasons I am not doing anymore pugs. On our groups we don't harass the mages.

Worst is when the only mage on the group dies and demands the other players to rev him (2 bears and a bird) then he leaves the game lol.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i get tired of it too... one time i was doing a forest have place with my lvl. 50 (i was farming and joined a game) a level 2 was in and in like 2 seconds died yelling RES ALREADY!!! so i revived him and i continued... 2 seconds later same thing... he booted my because with gcd i couldnt launch res as soon as he died. lol what a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Best one yet....I was told to revive someone faster.... and it was in the middle of a huge mob scene!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe we should all change our names to include IDontRez prefix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think we see this complaint periodically. It's hard to not feel like a slave when doing many runs.

I like people to at least say "rez". Also for location purposes. However, if you are not even in the same room as me....

Boot me if you like, but I'm going to be keeping the group safe first.

I think there were/are postings about behavior of classes, including non-healers staying or running TOWARD healers to at least get in the heal radius. Same with people staying near bears so the bear can pull the mob, etc. I think I usually end up standing right with the group.

Well, unless the group is on a grate. In which case, I'll be in the corner :P

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree. some other mage kept dying every 3 seconds and my mage jackienial kept dying reviving her. :-( :-P