Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mages are not your slaves...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zipponator View Post
    I was doing runs a day back and there was this guy that died about every 30 seconds. Every time he died he would say " hurry up and rev me now Mage!" after the third rev, when he died again I walked over to him and started using dance emote ontop of him....... I was booted

bahahahaha! Yup I've come across nasty people like that.

I got booted (with rude remarks) for not reviving fast enough; ignoring the fact that we have about 6 seconds (I think) reload time.

I've been booted for not reviving when I was dead on the floor. "why you no rev mage?"

Take a note of their name and don't play with them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they're being jerks, I'll puke on their dead body a little, then wait a while, then Maybe res.

I hate it when they all die on a boss fight..near the boss and they stay there waiting for you to walk all the way back, res them, then get killed by the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing about reviving is that you are super vulnerable while you're doing it. As a mage, I know this, because I have died plenty of times when I couldn't defend myself while reviving someone else. So if I die and there are other mages around, I wait till all the mobs are dead. Then they usually come over and rev. If they don't, the probably didn't notice, so I just say "Rev plz", not "HEY YOU GUYS REV ME ALREADY" like some birds/bears do. It would be much appreciated if everyone tried to wait patiently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Yes when you Rev, to the best of my knowledge you can't do anything while doing it. You know that wonderful Arms out and body not moving position that the mage gets when Reving, & healing? Yup it just says "Target HERE!" Trust me I know how to play a Spell slinger. Like I said I've been doing it for over 30 years. And yes if the tank dies, to a certain extent it IS my fault. Because my job is to watch out for the health of the party. However party members also have a responsibility to look out for themselves a bit and understand that Everything a mage does has a range limit and a cool-down time. If you die in the middle of a mob and I can't get to you. Please wait I will get to you as soon as I can. I have stood over the "Bodies" of party members and fought until Rev came back up. I have gone into some more complex dungeons, announced I was a Mage and to wait. I would Res as soon as I could find them. Then spent what seemed like ages soloing mobs to find them & res. Yeah I KNOW my job.

Also, if the mage is using Heal effectively The party should not have to rely on pots as often, and as mentioned before, Rev/res has a hidden buff. So yeah, I hit it and hit it often because at the end of the day Party health is the responsibility of the Mage.

And to every Bear or Bird who as ever thanked me for the Heal or Rev, Thank YOU for taking on the Mobs!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Really annoying when someone separates from the group, dies, and demands to be rez'd right away. Like I really want to waste time trying to figure out which corner they decided to go die in.
    lol thats so funny. yeah can get a little rough out there.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Definitely i think as a mage, you should be healing the group but no on a continuos spamming rate. Just ignore the players and things get much easier to run through

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Just get back at them by spamming:

"taunt" and "root"
    Not nice! lol
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thumbs up Totally agree....

Quote Originally Posted by Uepauke View Post
    Reggin, you need to read the thread more. It isn't that mages don't want to rev or are taking their time. People are dying and then expecting the mage to be able to wade to them in the mob quickly and rev them. MANY times I've hit rev the moment I see that red exclamation mark only to see that it's someone that's wandered off to another mob before the team has finished killing one. I don't mind that, and I don't mind going over to them, but there are some who think we can magically teleport ourselves over and either leave before we get to them or abuse us as we're making our way over. Rev has a LIMITED RANGE.

Also, it's not just GCD that's causing the delay, it's the fact that the skills themselves take a while to regen after being hit--and heal is one. I think some people, according to this thread, think that heal and rev works like other games and is instantaneous and haswider range?

Then there are those who are lying there, not fighting and thus have all the time in the world to check, fail to register that the mage has died and has respawned and is walking back to the fight. Even worst, even when I message, "Respawned, walking back," they don't read the chat and get impatient. I have spent many a plat, real world money, to respawn on the spot so that I can rev the team, but I can't afford to do this all the time, so I sometimes respawn.

As for drawing aggro, yup, I kite and stay back, but the case above was a bear without any pots who was using that as an excuse for not taking aggro.

To be absolutely fair, yes, there are crap mages. I have on occasions whistled dixie while the other mage in the group carries on fighting and moves to the next mob. Luckily, someone in the team eventually tells them to rev me lol. Or that other mage dies... And, in my low level farming bird, I have stopped expecting mages to hit heal. One mage stood over the entire dead team and said, "Don't expect me to heal." Hey dude, didn't want you to heal, but a rev would have been nice. Wasn't that great a fighter either, the leech.
    I only have 1 Char cuz I probably missed the boat when you could make 2 Chars. Very much prefer to have another Enchantress in the group beside myself so we could heal and rev ASAP, but lots of time, there are exceptions if someone decided to be gunho, space cowboy, Rambo, you name it....

And my fav chat is "Dun relay on our heal, pot too..." There's a reason why the game allows us to pick up pots as we grind.

-Bj.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I'm a mage, personally, I focus my healing/rez to the players who are good. If player 1 is good, 2 is alright, 3 is average, and 4 sucks , then it would take longer for me to rev player 4 unless mob clears 'cuz i'd rather want player 3 alive than 4. It's case to case basis, is the mob clear? what dungeon, shadow caves? where did you die, near entrance? judgement of mage players vary depending on their mood too. I assure everyone that all mage players know when they need to revive. Think about it this way, if a mage doesn't heal or revive you, it means you suck and you're not important to his survival, or you're a jerk and you've done something for him not to rev you. Generally speaking, mages will cling on other players who are good since if they die, they might die too. So when you go back in PL and die and a mage doesn't revive you right away, it probably means you're forgettable and his judgement says the team can proceed without you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    I'm a mage, personally, I focus my healing/rez to the players who are good. If player 1 is good, 2 is alright, 3 is average, and 4 sucks , then it would take longer for me to rev player 4 unless mob clears 'cuz i'd rather want player 3 alive than 4. It's case to case basis, is the mob clear? what dungeon, shadow caves? where did you die, near entrance? judgement of mage players vary depending on their mood too. I assure everyone that all mage players know when they need to revive. Think about it this way, if a mage doesn't heal or revive you, it means you suck and you're not important to his survival, or you're a jerk and you've done something for him not to rev you. Generally speaking, mages will cling on other players who are good since if they die, they might die too. So when you go back in PL and die and a mage doesn't revive you right away, it probably means you're forgettable and his judgement says the team can proceed without you.
    You just revved a thread that was death for over a month now.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The worse is when ppl ask for heal...spam some pots pls ppl!!!!!Especially in higher lvl maps..sheesh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anipeuecil View Post
    Just finished a run in the sewers in disgust as once again some jerk made comments about how the Mage in the run (Me) was not doing her job.

Anyone else fed up with those who die a lot getting mad because they are not being revived fast enough? Don't they get that while we revive them we are open to getting killed more easily?

Sorry for the rant but it is getting irritating when other players are so narrow in their thinking.

I know! Like they say "Heal faster you can cure the curse" "Hurry up and rev me already!"
    KILL THEM!.... Sorry what were we doing again?

GET HIM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol tell ur slavechantress that the forums is full of hackers that will hack u.
    godessofpower lvl53
    tipgoger lvl31
    racehere lvl27

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would have chose a different emote....just sayin' to zipponator....tee heee heee!

Lvl 65 mage (cajunqueen)
    Lvl 66 bird (cajunkibbie)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Angry

have had many mages and i hate it when they yell

REZ me ur mage if im host id boot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I can understand how this gets annoying but one of our jobs is to keep the party healed/alive...that is unless youre a pally. When i start to get angry is when I die and respawn and the person lazy enough to just sit there demands for a rev. Most often times ill tell em to get off their lazy butt and respawn themselves...or i wont say anything and walk past their body.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thought I'd finally post here after lurking for a while.

I've been playing the game up to level 29 on my Enchantress and a quick peek with a Bear up to level 12 or so. That is if the little tryouts right after the game was released don't count. Can't remember how much I played then, but most likely not past level 15, so I guess I'm what you would call a newbie.

With my enchantress I've invested on nukes and also maxed Heal for added survivability. Most of the time I can't find a team so I tend to solo places so I need that firepower. So far it hasn't been that difficult to clear out stuff, even though the big yetis prove a troublesome bunch, especially if there's more than one.

In teams if I know there's a capable tank I tend to not touch nukes unless I know I can deal with the whole bunch and I do keep healing people at decent rate. On the expense of DPS I've maxed my manaregen which I believe is now 14 and with that I can spam firestorm, lightning, the first ice spell whenever they come available and also spam heal whenever I see someone even getting hurt all the while keeping the 2 buff spells active. The only time I actually lose any MP is when I put up magic shield when entering dangerous fights.
    I revive people whenever I see someone going down and don't think it's any trouble to do that. Haven't really had anyone complaining about revives, even though they've had to wait a few times for me to do the corpse run. Guess I've just been lucky.

What I noticed though with my bear is that some lower level enchantresses don't heal all that much. Pre level 12 I actually saw only one enchantress who took care of people. Every other enchantress (rarest of the 3 classes) didn't bother healing even after the fights when moving to another fight even though their mana bar was full and I had like 10% HP left. Didn't bother to complain about it as I thought they had made their decision of not healing at all. I did see them healing themselves so it wasn't a matter of them not having the heal spells.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default oh c'mon mages

You good healers. Do your job and maybe people won't keep asking. And booting,unfortunately.
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Btw mages are our slaves
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

This thing only happens once in a while for me now in end game pve.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Swimmingstar For This Useful Post: