Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mages are not your slaves...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If their are noobs died near fire grates, I usually rez them with careful timing that by the time they get up, they will get the 'boom' and go sleeping again. Usually 2-3 times, they know they better 're-spawn' and start walking! LOL.

Good to give noobs some lessons~
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAM cmy View Post
    If their are noobs died near fire grates, I usually rez them with careful timing that by the time they get up, they will get the 'boom' and go sleeping again. Usually 2-3 times, they know they better 're-spawn' and start walking! LOL.

Sir, you're really cruel !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That's why I only run my bird now. Retired my Mage at 50.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow! Hilarious! errrrr........I mean uh well.....that's not nice! hehehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    I always wait till a mob scene is done .. And if the mage doesn't revive me after mob scene I leave! Hehe ^^
    you dont have to wait i revive YOU before you are even dead m8 lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this im gonna try lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post
    Tip of the day- if a mage you are playing with isn't performing as he/she should, send a quick and friendly PRIVATE message. This applies to all character groups really. You would be amazed at the response. People appreciate that courtesy and usually give you better results.
    This is the best way to deal with it. I had guy once in Hideout PM me during a run asking me to please stop using firestorm because it "broke" his combos. I said no but offered to leave instead of being booted. He said nah. Issue resolved with no hurt feelings. Very civil and it ended up being a good run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Wow, Panda, if someone told me how to spend my plat, I'd be mad.
    Luckily I haven't had anyone really order my mage around. But then the players I've been finding recently have all been really sweet: Everyone waits for each other, etc.

And as I've been playing in PUGs recently... I still say: people in PL are really nice.

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    And as I've been playing in PUGs recently... I still say: people in PL are really nice.
    We generally are.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Really annoying when someone separates from the group, dies, and demands to be rez'd right away. Like I really want to waste time trying to figure out which corner they decided to go die in.
    I always tell people if they want heal or res they need to stay with the party, because I go with the "split" that has more people. Not with me, I'm not responsible for you because I'm not spending 10 minutes running around looking for you while letting others possibly die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipponator View Post
    I was doing runs a day back and there was this guy that died about every 30 seconds. Every time he died he would say " hurry up and rev me now Mage!" after the third rev, when he died again I walked over to him and started using dance emote ontop of him....... I was booted
    You were right, he was wrong. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    i get pretty sick too!
    rez, heal. .....
    i always tell them its my job as a mage (pally) so I KNOW
    The most annoying is when another mage who separated from the group and died does it. I grit my teeth IRL and tell them that I don't know where they died, and how they'd feel having to res a lost straggler. Gets the point across usually.

BTW I don't know anybody in my friends list who's used the 1 plat res in a party with me unless I was on a death run. People I play with know how I play. They always stay silent while we clear around them because asking for res in a fight is sometimes along to be killed again.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-05-2011 at 01:40 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel your pain.... Except I run into the middle of the mob and kill everything and grind in any dungeon.. But I don't like impatient people

Ustrobe- lvl 37 pure dex birdy
    Lilstrobe- lvl 24 str/dex bear/ Bigstrobe- lvl 53 Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played my mage in a while, but I miss being the one to make sure people are upright and at good health. It's the job of the mage to do this. Sure. there's HP potions and whatnot, but revving and healing huge amounts of HP are the thing that mages do that other cannot. Birds ruin a targets ability to withstand damage, bears can toss around targets like ragdolls, and mages bring people to life. All the classes has their ways of dealing with bosses and trash mobs, but when it's the only thing you NEED to be able to do, do it right.

AKA: always be spamming heal, and always rev. If your group is slowing down, someone's not doing their job correctly, and it's most likely a mage. There's usually more than one mage, which means nobody should be down on HP for long.....which makes me very angry when I'm on my bird, in full SK (85 armor), and I don't' get heals from either of the two mages because they're playing tank or archer roles.

I'm tired of having to switch into Drainers to survive when there's 2 mages in the group. IMO the group gets what it deserves when my damage output goes from 90% damage on mob groups to 20% or so, just so I can live to see the boss. Sometimes it gets so bad that I switch to a dagger to keep what little aggro I should be getting off of me and onto the non-mages.

When next in that situation, ask yourself why, especially if you're in a group with multiple mages, why there's any deaths to begin with?
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

people should stay close to each other instead of disappearing out of view. but i am with the mages i get fed of those; especially when they are high level always dying. i just wonder if some of them dont use their own pots just to get free rev's in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i was playing sandstone caves with a level 55 or 56 i cant member, a level 38 mage, and me. We were on Sandstorm the boss when a little dust storm came in and everybody kinda backed into one of the corners with the orb. The dust thing killed everybody instantly except me lol. And i was the on with the least hp...So im just like f...cuz everything targets me. but my team isnt saying a thing so i wasnt focused on them. Then i rezd em and theyre like TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

and this other time in the swamps i was with 2 other mages and they both die at the same time lol...
    The entire mob targets me and before i could even put my finger down to spam pots while my rez cools down i was dead.
    When I die like that....I...I...I GO NUCLEAR
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is one particular player (name begins with a C) that had a rant at me because he died right near the ent of Stronghold after getting blown back by the firepit, so *naturally* I assumed he'd respawn being so close to ent, but nooooo he ranted firstly at all of us for not sticking closer to him, then at me for not running back to rez him. And then, just in case I didn't get the message the first time, he did it all over again, so I said, you know what?.......Play by yourself. Just like you would to the bully in the sandpit. And since then I have avoided any game with that particular player in. I have even apologised to a group when I've joined but I just will not play with someone that ignorant. For every PL jerk, there are 10 really great people and great players out there, and I have some wonderful PL friends. That's the message I take with me

IGN: Misspumpkin 55 Mage
    Quackle 27 Dex Birdie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    When next in that situation, ask yourself why, especially if you're in a group with multiple mages, why there's any deaths to begin with?
    Oooh Ooh!!! I know the answer!!! Two words: fire traps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

yes i have a level 55 paladin and i hardly die and people are like hurry up u noob anad do ur job so i dont even bother reviving them be a jerk i will kindy be a jerk back

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    My mage is only lvl 30 and I play mostly in swamps. I actually prefer it when someone says "res" or "help" or something when they're dead. I think it's because the "floor" of the swamps is green but I have a hard time seeing where the dead people are with a ton of mobs around and the fireworks of combos going off. I can see from the exclamation mark that someone is dead but I have a hard time finding them...But no one dies in my group as long as they stay close to me because i keep everyone buffed and spam heals while nuking everything in sight!
    Ok, i will make a "rez plz" button. My bear usually waits quietly as long as it takes.

When I play my enchanter, i leave the map up so I can see the little triangles of party members. If someone dies I look for a triangle that's not moving. Sometimes it takes a while to find the body. Some dead mobs look *exacly* like dead party members. And, I hate when the body is on a fire trap in the sewers. Rev... dies again... rev...

I don't really like the mother hen part of being a mage. Constantly watching to make sure all the little chicks are safe is not my thing, but I do what i can. I rather kill stuff :-)

[Lt] Shiny

This is why we Avians just stick to being birds (with Restore just to heal us) :/