Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The over priced dragonite bar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:2221272
    I wouldn't bother with the amulet Hakoom. There will be a level 46 mythic amulet which will be released with the new elites sometime soon. It was already announced. It it were cheap I would say go for it. But at 5m, I'd say wait.
    Considering that the recent teaser we got was Ursoth vanities, elite may be a ways off. Usually before something as big as an event, we will see more teasers such as boss or gear teasers. We have seen none for elite but the first step for Ursoth. With this, we may get Ursoth even before we get elites. Thats 3 to 4 weeks for this event and maybe even a cooldown. And then elites may be released. So thats quite a while without pendant.

We all cant capitalize on gold making or gold saving situations but at least bar is farmable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I gotta say, I think that dragonite bar is finally where it should be considering the time and effort one has to put in to obtain it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    I gotta say, I think that dragonite bar is finally where it should be considering the time and effort one has to put in to obtain it.
    Amen to that. It is such a grind.

To the OP: You might not be able to afford to buy one, but you can certainly afford farm one. If you're looking for someone to run T3 with for planar essences, send me a PM. I miss running it.

Overweightank

STS: Please keep teeth and bar as it is. Money is fair play now. Plat spenders can just buy anhk kits and sell (elites release; hint, hint)

People can finally farm bar and either make pendant or arcane ring with it, or farm and sell to get geared.

Elites gonna be SUPER hard. No one can find second map elites easy. The density is so insane that even a Nekro tank won't help you enough. So all these arcanes may not even be enough, therefore it is not 'unfair'

SnS should remain as a Govermental pet gone wrong, dont bring back. (I dont own SNS and I agree it should stay discontinued or be a lb prize just as it was in the first ursoth event)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Dragonite bar price is fair because the cost of farming teeth also high and take a long time to gather 150 teeth.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm super surprised the hard working farmer didn't take this opportunity to get their own back and start listing bar for 120 million.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

That's appalling!!!

Around 50m gold is more reasonable...
    Quote Originally Posted by BottleNexz View Post
    I'm super surprised the hard working farmer didn't take this opportunity to get their own back and start listing bar for 120 million.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Helal View Post
    do you think platinum users find them money on ths street !!

they worked hard to get the money so when they spend money on game they deseirve better

And please take this thread Seriously

Thanks
    Bro seriously? Plat is used to help you progress at a faster rate then your peers who choose not to use it. It is not meant to make you a God among men. What is the point to complaining because the bar costs more and plat can't do anything to help you...well it could if you converted plat to gold but that's a waste of plat. Point being having something valuable for 90% of the community is a great thing and nothing to complain about.

Oh and just for transparency I'm a plat user.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaachilles211 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Ok I wasn't expecting this much attention on this topic and this much ... hate? Idk im confused lol

My topic was theres already so much to dooooo I mean somehow people well eventually feel over loaded and so far away and iv seen it happening in other game, so many new things came at once so much to do people started losing interest slowly

Arcane legends was a game of challenge, people farm work hard and then challenge each other for power and maybe fame and its fun, but now it got way out of track.. u need almost 1 year to work on jewels and maybe 2 months to work on dragonite bar and probably one month on crafting new mythic level 46 ? Oh wait thats still coming and maybe its even harder than pendant.

Great more stress .. id rather loot stuff in lockeds. Yeah spending is awesome

And please stop saying "go farm like the rest of us" iv been playing since season one and I know how thing works and trust me iv worked so hard to be on leader board and have decent set, so thank you for your hateful advice but I dont need it.

All I asked for is making dragonite easier ..maybe increase teeth drop rate? or maybe make it worth 100 teeth ? Or maybe let it drop in lockeds ?
    And I believe thats not only useful for me its for all of us -.-
    Last edited by hakoom7; 07-14-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    Ok I wasn't expecting this much attention on this topic and this much ... hate? Idk im confused lol

My topic was theres already so much to dooooo I mean somehow people well eventually feel over loaded and so far away and iv seen it happening in other game, so many new things came at once so much to do people started losing interest slowly

Arcane legends was a game of challenge, people farm work hard and then challenge each other for power and maybe fame and its fun, but nkw it got way out of track.. u need almost 1 yearrto work on jewels and maybe 2 months to work on dragonite bar and probably one month on crafting new mythic level 46 ? Oh wait thats still coming.
    Great more stress ..

And please stop saying "go farm like the rest of us" iv been playing since season one and I know how thing works and trust me iv orked sk hard to be on leader board and have decent set, so thank you for your hateful advice.

All I asked for is making dragonite easier ..maybe increase teeth drop rate? or maybe make it worth 100 teeth ?
    Not trying to be rude.

That is why it is called "farming". Did you even try to farm for a breeze egg/Planarite Ingot? It is almost the same thing. Youre supposed to farm to make gold - merching has had its time, right?, we need something to keep this farming alive for at least a month or so, at least some way where even a non-experienced player can make upto 4 or even 5m within a period of time. Nobody asks you to go hardcore, if you play this game for a short period of time then try to farm jewels,they have a fine drop rate and farm as many chaos as you can, they sell more then a normal rengol locked crate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7:2221569

Arcane legends was a game of challenge, people farm work hard and then challenge each other for power and maybe fame and its fun, but now it got way out of track.. u need almost 1 year to work on jewels and maybe 2 months to work on dragonite bar and probably one month on crafting new mythic level 46 ? Oh wait thats still coming and maybe its even harder than pendant.

And please stop saying "go farm like the rest of us" iv been playing since season one and I know how thing works and trust me iv worked so hard to be on leader board and have decent set, so thank you for your hateful advice but I dont need it.

All I asked for is making dragonite easier ..maybe increase teeth drop rate? or maybe make it worth 100 teeth ? Or maybe let it drop in lockeds ?
    I think sts was trying to find a balance of things. Old days we would open 1000 locks or more with 3 items in each. 3000 rolls for 15000 plat not considering sales or random plat inside crates.

Nowadays most will open the 5 plat single item single token locks. If you did this with 15000 plat you would probably end up with more than one arcane since, for one, it seems like better drop rate and the insurance of getting something through the token system. You can still make decent money off of open crates but the ratio between trading items of arcane vs a f2p hardwork item is higher now. Rather than the 1 arcane item you would have looted with 15000 plat you might have to consider the (hopefully) 3 or 4 items you looted and the 1 or 2 crate token items you got to reach, get and/or trade what you want.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

let me finish my first ever bar, I need 20 teeth more to my first ever arcane item.

and let's farm teeth together if you want, I will be happy to have a party with a pro.

And, let's feel the pain together. just like the rest of us.
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post

I believe this is very unuseful to people who are farming a bar to sell, if they can do it Im sure you can too, just 10 teeth a day is only a 2 week wait, keep pushing.
    Im not trying to be rude, so dont take this as me flaming you, but Im strongly agreeing with Safiras and Wazakesy, that this is a core part of every successful long term MMORPG, and thats farming. It shouldnt change now just because you can afford a shard now and before you couldnt, Id hate to say this but IMO its just having a lazy attitude ("Meh too expensive Ill hope for a change or something"). If everything was obtainable in 1 week, the games lifespan would decrease, you'd be happy for a day then be like 'erm now what?'. Ive played MMOs where the best gear is obtainable in a few days, and they bore me so, so fast. So Im glad my gears taking a long time to earn. Once again, not trying to be rude, but if you dont like the idea of farming, I recommend to stay away from most MMMORPGs.
    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Titanfall; 07-15-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I would love to be able to buy drag bar with fragments because everything you can buy now with only fragments doesn't worth buying..... And because fragments have a guarranted drop rate maybe increase the fragments you will have to loot for a drag bar to around 300 fragments (150 runs)....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    How you want to play the game does not come as easily as before. And to tell you the truth I like it.

Before, just opening crates was enough to give you all the items that you need. Monetary investment to a certain degree could allow a new player to essentially buy their way into the higher tiers of the game.

Now the emphasis has shifted to farming for your gear. The shift actually happened ages ago, it just did not become apparent till recently when items such as fossils, shards and planar pendant recipes became increasingly common. Then people started scrambling for the other essential crafting items that could not be simply "bought": vials and dragonite bars.

What's the issue now? Before and now the recipes for the best items had hardly changed. Arcane ring is in fact EVEN EASIER to craft now that essences have been taken out of the recipe. Just get a bar and combine it with a shard. The only difference is that people have not been farming for bars and now the demand for bars has dramatically exploded due to the oversupply of shards and everyone wants a ring.

The blunt truth is exactly what you do not want to hear: that you HAVE to farm, if not then pay the price. It has never been easy to farm for a bar; and it should not change today even if everyone else has a shard but no bar. If you do not want to pay 4-5mil for a bar, FARM. I have guildies slaving endlessly for days in Tindirin and are duly rewarded for their patience and diligence with a windfall that allows them to gear themselves up. I myself have spent hours to farm a bar and sell it at a reasonable price to a good friend who was mature enough to recognise that if he did not wish to farm for it, he had to pay the price of effort that was needed to farm it to the people who were willing to make the sacrifice of time. If you want to sit around all day just chatting or stay in PvP all the time, fair enough- then be fully prepared to lose the chance to farm and get the gear that you want, while others who recognise that the time to farm is now and willingly stay away from PvP to grind till they get good gear. You can't have your cake and eat it anymore.

I love the game now. There are many ways to earn money, many things to do. Stop trying to make things simpler because you feel you have earned your right after playing forever- I've played since season 1 myself, and I never ever asked for a handout from STS to make it easier for me to gear up. believe it or not I worked for all my gear, and I fully support the farmers out there who have benefitted from the current system. Power to the people who have earned their keep the hard way.
    Ok I agree on that and yes I admitted it already I hate farming and im feeling over loaded I wanna farm this and that and lets be honest .. if you all didnt have arcane rings already you would have maybe agreed even a little bit with me, and yes I know you have the ring when it was worth 100m not 7m and I had before and sold it and re bought and sold and economy exploded somehow and things changed thats again not the topic.

I was only asking for making one thing easier since the demand is so high on bars and the teeth is so hard to farm, why you all coming here fighting this ? You have rings and pendant basically you dont need bars (not to mention your stash probably has 50m at least) but again im out of topic so yeah your not feeling the stress your geared and only farming for fun or maybe to get one or 2 extra items

But look at it in my point of view. Openned 400 ren lockeds got shard and toor only so basically got back the gold I lost in buying the lockeds im completely un geared need gun pendant ring new armor belt better runes and oh wait theres newer armor and helm coming .. so yes im pretty over loaded and sometimes I sit in maps thinking should I go farm teeth or lockeds or ancient essence or jewels or parchs eventually I do few runs of each and sometimes fall asleep during the run.

So again why you all fighting this ? Trust me theres much more stuff to keep me busy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Nothing against your point of view, all players deserves to share their 2 cents here but really i cannot understand what's wrong in hard farming.
    We all know, is soooooo boring cause we need to run and re-run the same maps and we might have better things to do but this is an old story and i don't see any different way!
    With the insane arcane loots popped out from lockeds it's obvious.. the farmable ingredients you'll need to craft your ring/your nekro has to be expensive if you don't want to farm for it, 'cause a player has worked hard on it and the efforts, in my points of view, needs to be repayed.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kharjojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

You know what is the problem with you people ? You worry about how others get their gears . Seriously didn't you learn not just be happy with what you have instead of comparing to others? For me I don't care if others get their stuff easier or took less time to get it than I did. Do you do that in real life ? Few of you need to turn off your device and think really hard , think about what kind of person you have become.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    We are not out to get you, let this be clear. We are fighting the mindset of entitlement- that someone thinks that everything should come easily.

I may lack the perspective that comes from being in a position that comes with lacking gear, but I am in no way unaware of the difficulty of the task that's facing people who want to craft an arcane ring. I just spent a week grinding in Elite wilds to a bar which I sold, and I am now in the process of grinding a second one. I don't need the bars, I'm just capitalizing on the current market for gold. But if i can do what I'm doing without a need for the bar itself, why can't others who need the bar desperately to craft their own ring? Why does it have to be easier?

It is also of my opinion that the current market rewards those who work hard for their gold, and it should remain as such. Currently the difficulty of farming a bar dissuades people who are perhaps not up to the task. To this I say: Good! Reward those who would endeavour to spend time and effort and pots running wilds endlessly for their gold. The Arcane ring is the best ring in the game at the moment, there SHOULD be blood and sweat poured into this. This is exactly what al proponents of the free-to-play aspect of the game have been fighting for for god knows how long, and we are finally seeing the fruits of that labor. Why make everything easier? Decreasing the difficulty of any farming task makes the loot cheaper and quickly diminishes the ability that farming zone to keep people engaged. You'll kill the game instead of letting people enjoy it more for a longer period of time.

You mentioned that you had a ring long before, and you merched your ring countless times before you took a break and returned to the game without a ring. May I mention that I took a few breaks from game as well, and despite the advice of many people I nevrr sold any of my gear before taking my breaks. I may have lost gold on potential merching, but at least I had the advantage of coming back to game without needing to hunt for gear again, and here I am as you have pointed out, still with a comfortable amount of gold stashed and not needing to craft a ring. We all live with the choices we make and the consequences of those choices.

Lastly, people forget what an extremely long expansion the last one was (lvl41 cap lasted well over a year). This expansion is expected to be as long, if not longer. The game needs to have its playability extended as long as possible, thus it is understandable that the Noble jewels take long to craft, that the upcoming lvl46 mythic gear should require a momentous and time-consuming effort to craft, that even the dated Rendtail Dragonstone ring should take some effort to obtain. Don't try to make everything easier and in the process kill the game because you want everything fast. Take your time and collect your resources till eventually you have what you want, as everyone else is working towards now. Nothing is owed to you, and you should behave as such too.
    First of all I made it clear that I didnt ask for everything to be easier I asked for one thing thats huge difference, second thing, lets compare me with some mage fully geared as u, 5k hp 50% crit 1k dmg yeah this kind of people run always together and any map takes them 3 minutes? The point its way easier and faster.

Look safi hun I was one of you and never understood the complaints I always used to be rude and say go work hard like all of us and ul get there, but this is the first time I actually try walk in thier shoes. Its hard its really hard to have nothing and start from 0 while the game is sooo far away. Do it make a char and im sure u can easily level it up with plats and go farm and gear up lets see how that will go since u like hard farming and wanna be busy.

And if you wanna ask me about where did my gold go I made huge mistake and bought many gifts for some people who see me struggling now and have no attention to even offer a little help, not that it matters but anyway im almost starting from 0 and a little support won't hurt from u or sts or maybe friends

Its not a shame to ask for a little help every once a while I just cant understand why everyone came to my thread acting like im asking STS to make teeth drop for me only and no one else, but never mind im done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Hakoom,

I am in your same position. I quit last October and only came back around 1 month ago. I am not rich(around 3 mil in stash lol). It took me the whole month to get a bar and I will have a ring on Saturday. I bought the planar pendant recipe and am running arena for the essences. After that its time for Tombs and essences. Then I will once again farm a bar. It is going to take me another month and a half to have a darn pendant lol. I am wearing old mythic armor. I will buy the level 46 legendaries once they are cheap. The armor gained on the chest outweighs the lose of crit from mythics imo.

I too am feeling like time is running out. I can play for 2 hours every night and Ursoth is coming. That will consume all of my playing time once it is released. Will I have time to finish my gear? I doubt it but I will keep working away at it.

I know that there is a group of OP players that will only run with other OP players. This can pose a problem to some people that don't get fully geared before the next expansion/event comes. There are still a lot of people with OP gear that don't do this. There are quite a few of my guildmates that will run with me even though arena takes us 5 minutes instead of 3. The way I look at it if you are above running with me then I probably don't want to run with you anyhow.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Honestly, I'm afraid I don't see the issue.

It isn't that hard to earn the bar - take up a good 2 weeks but is very possible - and the greatest premise of the amu is that it is completely farm able.

From what I've experienced you don't seem too averse to grinding which is basically all you need to do for the amu; I've seen you flag numerous times (on my team I might add, while my team and I were fighting) and flagging is exponentially more boring than farming teeth, and we both know which is the bigger reward lol.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: