Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The over priced dragonite bar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Koomy, like Alhunt said, I too have seen you flagging endlessly in pvp before the expansion. If you were able to donate so much time to that, im sure you can run tindirin for a couple weeks to earn dragonite bar. I personally have been running around 4-5 hours per day in tindirin for about 2 weeks and am now around 4 teeth away from my dragonite bar. This expansion finally gave the chance what many of us have been asking for. It can be frustrating doing 6 runs in elite wilds and ending up with 0 teeth but thats all a part of the grind. You never made a thread about lowering flags needed for pvp aps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Go farm some locked, sell them all and buy your 5m bar!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    Ok I agree on that and yes I admitted it already I hate farming and im feeling over loaded I wanna farm this and that and lets be honest .. if you all didnt have arcane rings already you would have maybe agreed even a little bit with me, and yes I know you have the ring when it was worth 100m not 7m and I had before and sold it and re bought and sold and economy exploded somehow and things changed thats again not the topic.

I was only asking for making one thing easier since the demand is so high on bars and the teeth is so hard to farm, why you all coming here fighting this ? You have rings and pendant basically you dont need bars (not to mention your stash probably has 50m at least) but again im out of topic so yeah your not feeling the stress your geared and only farming for fun or maybe to get one or 2 extra items

But look at it in my point of view. Openned 400 ren lockeds got shard and toor only so basically got back the gold I lost in buying the lockeds im completely un geared need gun pendant ring new armor belt better runes and oh wait theres newer armor and helm coming .. so yes im pretty over loaded and sometimes I sit in maps thinking should I go farm teeth or lockeds or ancient essence or jewels or parchs eventually I do few runs of each and sometimes fall asleep during the run.

So again why you all fighting this ? Trust me theres much more stuff to keep me busy
    Um. None of the players I've been farming teeth with have an arcane ring. I have 100k gold right now. That's it. You are making some sweeping assumptions. It took me four days to get a bar. My ring is now crafting. If you really hate farming, I suggest you take up STG's new game, Call of Champions. No farming, all PvP. Seems like that's more your thing.

But if you really want to get the bar without farming, just spend plat on ankhs and get it that way. Or wait to open locks during Ursoth.

So many shell-shocked plat spenders. Never thought I'd see the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    I apologize if I came across as unsympathetic. I would like to stress that I am anything but unsympathetic. My agenda in my replies to this thread is to protect the farming environment for the majority of players who depend on grinding maps for loot to get ahead in the game.

Prior to this expansion the game was almost dead because the people who had everything they needed sat around and did nothing or were holed up in PvP (I'll admit I was one of them), whilst the people who still needed better gear were stuck farming for loot that had become next to worthless due to stagnation of the game and the horrible economy.

The fact is that with the game as it is now, with the many different options to farm and many different things to aim for, people are finding things to do and gold to earn. Where 150 teeth used to fetch only a few hundred Ks of gold, now you can earn upwards of 4mil gold with just one bar farmed. Vials have also gone from 10k to 300k++. Countless Ren'gol crates have been opened and their loot steadily declined in value, but their worth in the market is still preserved as people still continue to buy and open them.

I see my guildies who like Hakoom don't have the gear that I do, farm with diligence daily and get their daily loot and then announce happily to the guild a few days later saying they got their first Arcane pet etc... and I wish this game would continue to be like this for a while to come. Because it is benefiting the people in my guild who have worked since the start of the expansion to achieve their goals. Hakoom and Biigboyblue mentioned their the difficulties of essentially starting over from scratch, and the agony of having so many things to do but with seemingly so little time. I do understand this difficulty. My advice would be to set goals and priorities- what you want to achieve first, and then work towards that objective first before going for the next one and the one after that.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get help with running maps because the people you ask discriminate you because of your gear. For me I try to focus on running with the people in my guild because as a GM that is my priority, to ensure my guildies get the support they need to gear up and achieve their aims. It's difficult I admit to find the right crowd of people with which to run together and achieve things together. I just hope the guilds out there can follow the example of guilds like Pheonix, who offer their weaker members a leg up by running with them and giving them a shot back in the game. Maybe it's not the game that needs to change, but the community at large.
    Very well-said. As GM of a guild made up mostly of f2p players it's so rewarding to see members working so hard toward a goal they are confident they will be able to attain. Yes, they groan about imminent carpal tunnel syndrom, they moan about gummy dragons that drop no tooth, they huff and puff but they keep at it. With pendant recipe so cheap and arcane shard a lot more affordable, guildies are crafting planar amulet and arcane ring, and now exulting in things that they haven't done much before like elite, Arena, solo runs, breaking their record in timed runs, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Haha gummy dragons. Now I have a craving, thanks Ilhanna!
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Ridiculous thread about a spoiled kid. You better play with Barbies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lol farm that bar no need to complain , it just motivates me more to want an item that makes me money knowing it's demand and everyone is buying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Just no. Dragonite bars and vial are real effort for f2p players who farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Hakoom if your problem is that you can't find a pt then I will be glad to farm with you but I warn you about 2 things first it will take a lot of time and also I'm not fully geared soooo if you are interested pm me my ing is maoejal !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    Hakoom,

I am in your same position. I quit last October and only came back around 1 month ago. I am not rich(around 3 mil in stash lol). It took me the whole month to get a bar and I will have a ring on Saturday. I bought the planar pendant recipe and am running arena for the essences. After that its time for Tombs and essences. Then I will once again farm a bar. It is going to take me another month and a half to have a darn pendant lol. I am wearing old mythic armor. I will buy the level 46 legendaries once they are cheap. The armor gained on the chest outweighs the lose of crit from mythics imo.

I too am feeling like time is running out. I can play for 2 hours every night and Ursoth is coming. That will consume all of my playing time once it is released. Will I have time to finish my gear? I doubt it but I will keep working away at it.

I know that there is a group of OP players that will only run with other OP players. This can pose a problem to some people that don't get fully geared before the next expansion/event comes. There are still a lot of people with OP gear that don't do this. There are quite a few of my guildmates that will run with me even though arena takes us 5 minutes instead of 3. The way I look at it if you are above running with me then I probably don't want to run with you anyhow.

I don't wanna kill your dreams,but the new legendary gear (the Orcslaying set ) isn't tradeable
    Same for new mythics,i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    I don't wanna kill your dreams,but the new legendary gear (the Orcslaying set ) isn't tradeable
    Same for new mythics,i think.
    I was thinking about the scavanger/forager gear. I will farm for my mythics as well. As I said I'm quite poor lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Brothers Grimm's book was shorter than Safiras comments. Big up for taking the time & patience. Worth reading.

All my respect.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Bar isn't overpriced. People are looting too many shards and to craft a ring you need a bar. Shard price is lower because are not too many bars for crafting the ring. That's the only explanation. It's not part of any price manipulation.

One year ago bar costed 800k because were not many shards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

zzzzzz roles reversed and the bar came out of buying plats, and popping lockd.... these mercher would have been listing this bar at 5x the amount it's listed for currently.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BottleNexz View Post
    zzzzzz roles reversed and the bar came out of buying plats, and popping lockd.... these mercher would have been listing this bar at 5x the amount it's listed for currently.

And then the top rich players would team up and buy all of them and list them 5x even higher than they bought for lol. The cycle would never end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Bar isn't overpriced. People are looting too many shards and to craft a ring you need a bar. Shard price is lower because are not too many bars for crafting the ring. That's the only explanation. It's not part of any price manipulation.

One year ago bar costed 800k because were not many shards.
    That makes sense, and I didnt mean there was price manipulation, I just meant teeth farm sucks lol basically all I wanted is teeth drop rate at least each elite run assure a tooth or maybe bar need bit less teeth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    I apologize if I came across as unsympathetic. I would like to stress that I am anything but unsympathetic. My agenda in my replies to this thread is to protect the farming environment for the majority of players who depend on grinding maps for loot to get ahead in the game.

Prior to this expansion the game was almost dead because the people who had everything they needed sat around and did nothing or were holed up in PvP (I'll admit I was one of them), whilst the people who still needed better gear were stuck farming for loot that had become next to worthless due to stagnation of the game and the horrible economy.

The fact is that with the game as it is now, with the many different options to farm and many different things to aim for, people are finding things to do and gold to earn. Where 150 teeth used to fetch only a few hundred Ks of gold, now you can earn upwards of 4mil gold with just one bar farmed. Vials have also gone from 10k to 300k++. Countless Ren'gol crates have been opened and their loot steadily declined in value, but their worth in the market is still preserved as people still continue to buy and open them.

I see my guildies who like Hakoom don't have the gear that I do, farm with diligence daily and get their daily loot and then announce happily to the guild a few days later saying they got their first Arcane pet etc... and I wish this game would continue to be like this for a while to come. Because it is benefiting the people in my guild who have worked since the start of the expansion to achieve their goals. Hakoom and Biigboyblue mentioned their the difficulties of essentially starting over from scratch, and the agony of having so many things to do but with seemingly so little time. I do understand this difficulty. My advice would be to set goals and priorities- what you want to achieve first, and then work towards that objective first before going for the next one and the one after that.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get help with running maps because the people you ask discriminate you because of your gear. For me I try to focus on running with the people in my guild because as a GM that is my priority, to ensure my guildies get the support they need to gear up and achieve their aims. It's difficult I admit to find the right crowd of people with which to run together and achieve things together. I just hope the guilds out there can follow the example of guilds like Pheonix, who offer their weaker members a leg up by running with them and giving them a shot back in the game. Maybe it's not the game that needs to change, but the community at large.
    Thanks and sorry too I was bit in a bad mood and reading this now it make sense, I mean yes id still love bars be bit easier to get like at least each elite run assure a tooth, but your right after all I was one of the people who got bored and turning to pvp wasnt a good option cause of all the drama, ended up quitting the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

it's a game, it's farmable, not everything is about opening crates....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aziiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

a guaranteed drop from elites.... yes. A chance to drop for one pty member, only.