Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please Explain What Has Happened With Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Default Please Explain What Has Happened With Crates

Four-thousand...

4000 is the number of crates I have opened spanning the last week.

Saturday:
    I opened 1500 crates over an 18 hr period. My loot rate for Arcane was about 1 in 100 crates.

I looted approximately 2 Fossils, 8 or 9 Shards, 3 Maridos, 1 Toor.

In Between these loots, there was a steady volume of jewels (mostly damaged and weak) at a rate I would say was about 1 in 10.

It was enough to land me about 15m (I buy all my crates from auc)

Sunday:
    I opened about 800 crates over an 18 hr period. My loot rate was 0 Arcane. I wanted to chop it up to bad luck so I did.

Monday:
    By this time I had reinvest all my gold made prior into full-blown crate farming. Spent another $90 to open more.

My loot rate was 0 Arcane in about 900 opens. Not only was my loot rate 0, but I also noticed that my jewel loot rate had gone from about 1 in 10 to now 1 in 400.

There is no coincidence, at this high of volume the loot table was changed (possibly fixed to how it was supposed to be originally) however no mention was made about it.

I have never been shy about spending my money on this game, nor have I been shy to let people know how much I have spent. About 500k plat all purchased.

While I appreciate the addition of crate tokens, I don't appreciate my efforts and spending to be mislead.

With everything sketchy that has gone on in the past, I really need this to be addressed before I put another dime in.

500 dollars and I am back to where I started. Now there is something not ethical about that. There is no other game to my telling like that.

If there was a malfunction I want my plat credited back even though the loss has already been made as I put all the gold back into buying more crates.

If you're not willing to put a price on your best in game gear and pets in a dollar amount, if you are leaving it up to gambling you have to show numbers...odds. And those odds cannot change.

$500 and I should be able to directly buy something...but as of now I have nothing.
    Last edited by conradev; 07-14-2015 at 03:06 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to conradev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Thanks for posting some hard data, con. If drop rates have indeed been nerfed, I'd hope that STS would be forthcoming about what happened. If it was an intentional arcane/mythic windfall that has now ceased, then they should communicate that to players, both in game and on the forums.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

We haven't made any changes to the Ren'gol crates since 6/30 when we fixed a bug related to crate tokens. Also we don't update the game on the weekends.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G-M For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Were you always opening the same crates? (Regular,Big, Bigger, Goblin, etc)

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I would of stopped opening crates after the first bunch you opened you could of easily become maxed out with selling and using some of that with a lot of gold to spare.

On topic I'd like to think the drop rate hasn't changed but from those statistics however reliable they are I can see that something has changed along the lines as I've heard of others that have also have bad luck recently

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    We haven't made any changes to the Ren'gol crates since 6/30 when we fixed a bug related to crate tokens. Also we don't update the game on the weekends.
    Hmm, so if one assumes both cases are true.... that's a mystery that begs to be solved.

Is there anything that might explain the phenomenon that conradev is describing? If what con described is accurate, the contrast between one time period and another in terms of perceived loot success is extremely sharp. I'd bet this is the source of many players' frustration - to con and other players in his situation, it looks like the spigot was turned off even if you hadn't made any changes. Idk it might be worth checking into and finding out why it seems to happen this way. If there's a good explanation to be had, it would alleviate a lot of the negative emotions many players feel.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

You are in the MOST UNLUCKLY CLUB.

But allways saying AL is a lucky base game. if you are a unluckly plat player, i think you should just but kits - ankh - + + +.

Also i think lucky rolls about date-timing in AL to. So if i would open 10000 lock, probably i ll open 200-300 in eachday. And when i catch the lucky time i can spamm all 10000 lock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Still trying to wrap my head around 5000 locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

wuuooo you said "About 500k plat all purchased.

While I appreciate the addition of crate tokens, I don't appreciate my efforts and spending to be mislead."

500,000 plat??? that is $90 = 1700 plat then 500k plat= $26,460

naaa i dont believe that :v

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Thank you.
    Can you confirm that new mythic items are only available in Massive Crates? It seems this way, sorry if it was already announced this way but I haven't seen anything on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I have heard that people are having bad luck as well. I dunno what but it seems.something has changed? Also are arcane weapons still in the loot table? You would think that tons of mauls and kershals would be dropping as wel, not just shard and fossil. This could be why so many shards and fossil because weapons are out of the loot table, and there isnt anything other than shards and fossil too loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Is there a possibility that only a certain number of Arcane items can be looted in a certain time period before the loot table is regenerated? I have suspected this is how it works in the past when this has happened.

For example, maybe I started crating at a bad time when there were less Arcane items available to loot, so I got very few decent items. But the next day when the loot table has refreshed, maybe I loot 2 Arcanes right away because there are more available to be looted?

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Also we do have a front row seat to the birth of every Arcane item. We track them all to keep a careful eye on how many are coming into the game. Basically this is us:

Name:  nekro_birth.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  50.0 KB
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to G-M For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Were you always opening the same crates? (Regular,Big, Bigger, Goblin, etc)
    I only opened regular for the first 1k because it's what I could afford. Then I would buy a few massives every once in a while to mix in. The past 48 hours I have seen no Arcane, and no mythic from Massives, I suspect I've opened about 100 massives.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to conradev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradev View Post
    Thank you.
    Can you confirm that new mythic items are only available in Massive Crates? It seems this way, sorry if it was already announced this way but I haven't seen anything on it.
    They are completely farmable and craftable so you will probably farm the mythics in new elites and craft from components in Orc chests maybe

Edit - I believe they even confirmed they won't come from locked crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bidiel View Post
    wuuooo you said "About 500k plat all purchased.

While I appreciate the addition of crate tokens, I don't appreciate my efforts and spending to be mislead."

500,000 plat??? that is $90 = 1700 plat then 500k plat= $26,460

naaa i dont believe that :v
    I have done around 500k plat across all accounts and all purchased since week 1 of the game...95% has gone to crating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Also we do have a front row seat to the birth of every Arcane item. We track them all to keep a careful eye on how many are coming into the game. Basically this is us:

So did u notice a huge increase in drops and then the decline?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I only opened regular for the first 1k because it's what I could afford. Then I would buy a few massives every once in a while to mix in. The past 48 hours I have seen no Arcane, and no mythic from Massives, I suspect I've opened about 100 massives.
    Would you be able to re-do your stats but group according to size/day?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Four-thousand...

4000 is the number of crates I have opened spanning the last week.

Saturday:
    I opened 1500 crates over an 18 hr period. My loot rate for Arcane was about 1 in 100 crates.

I looted approximately 2 Fossils, 8 or 9 Shards, 3 Maridos, 1 Toor.

In Between these loots, there was a steady volume of jewels (mostly damaged and weak) at a rate I would say was about 1 in 10.

It was enough to land me about 15m (I buy all my crates from auc)

Sunday:
    I opened about 800 crates over an 18 hr period. My loot rate was 0 Arcane. I wanted to chop it up to bad luck so I did.

Monday:
    By this time I had reinvest all my gold made prior into full-blown crate farming. Spent another $90 to open more.

My loot rate was 0 Arcane in about 900 opens. Not only was my loot rate 0, but I also noticed that my jewel loot rate had gone from about 1 in 10 to now 1 in 400.

There is no coincidence, at this high of volume the loot table was changed (possibly fixed to how it was supposed to be originally) however no mention was made about it.

I have never been shy about spending my money on this game, nor have I been shy to let people know how much I have spent. About 500k plat all purchased.

While I appreciate the addition of crate tokens, I don't appreciate my efforts and spending to be mislead.

With everything sketchy that has gone on in the past, I really need this to be addressed before I put another dime in.

500 dollars and I am back to where I started. Now there is something not ethical about that. There is no other game to my telling like that.

If there was a malfunction I want my plat credited back even though the loss has already been made as I put all the gold back into buying more crates.

If you're not willing to put a price on your best in game gear and pets in a dollar amount, if you are leaving it up to gambling you have to show numbers...odds. And those odds cannot change.

$500 and I should be able to directly buy something...but as of now I have nothing.

Opening crates daily and continuesly but for the last 3 days now only got 1 shard 1 toor out of about 600-700 crates I think drop rate went normal as it should be .. Im a bit happy tho but not about the prices of arcades still going down (maybe because of the lack in demand or a lot of players already have arcane ring eggs and fossils(nekro) anyway I wanted to ask this question .. How come this new crates has better odds like 100x than the older crates? I spend before 1 account with 40k plats yet not a single arcane compare to this new crates is this just a bug? Or definitely a fix update? Fossils are like once in a blue moon to obtain before even using govblin crates ?? Just wanna clarify things .. I'd love to hear a good response from a admin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Which seems to suggest that you also control how many arcanes come into the game?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post: