Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gold toor vs toor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Wait what? The way to get those tokens, which are called crate tokens, is by opening crates..?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    The easiest way to get the crate tokens so to speak is to open the new locks.. regular give1 token.. large give 2 tokena n massive crates give 3. There has been talk of these tokens being obtained in elite chests I belive, so in practice anyone can farm for a nekro or ring(farm alot) and do it without plats. Of course buying plats make it easier and quicker... an nothing wrong with having a golden pet as a vanity pet either to be able to show off...

Giving the gold and green toor different stats especially the gold to be more op then the green defeats the object of being able to spend farming to gain same stat levels as people who dont and just throw money at the game.

I myself am not a farmer as many who know me know.. I do spend a bit on plats so this isnt anythig agaisnt people who do just spend money instead of farming.

Im more interested in keepong as fair of a balance as possible which in turn benefits all.

Im willing to hear out any legitimate arguments for buffing the gold toor more then the green but as it stands I cannot comprehend how this action as it stands is justifiable.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Just to chime in on the Gold vs normal Toor debate here, there are currently no plans to add any additional stats to Gold Toor to make him superior to Toor. The reasoning behind this is that he is a vanity version of the same pet, as isintended.

If we were to give Gold Toor more stats, it would be like putting stats on one vanity armor set out of all the vanity sets in the game, thus there are no more vanity sets, there is just one vanity set because it provides a tangible benefit outside of its intended purpose. Imagine if the Medusa Vanity granted +5 Dex for each piece, all of the other vanities now became obsolete and pointless. The purpose of Gold Toor is to provide an option for players interested in collecting and merchandising a specialty variation of a pet readily available to the masses.

In the end, deciding to have a Gold Toor over a Toor is a personal player choice, and it's not fair to remove that as a choice by saying one is clearly superior to the other.

We appreciate the feedback!
    Carapace could you mind to check my post in the sneak peak of Toor and why was the passive ability changed from having stun to no stun? Mind to fill me in.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Add snare on its aa would be awesome
    "When anger rises, think of the consequences." -Confucius
    Hypireon/Notquitehuman/Impzilla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    6 million price difference between the two, is pretty significant in this market, no?
    Exactly this ^.

Why does it need extra stats too, when it's already being valued at over triple the normal version? People pay for vanity. That is what this pet is about.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post
    I recently got Toor and have been testing him out. I personally really like this pet but I have seen a few flaws. For instance the Arcane Ability should have another effect such as- when you spawn the fissures the damages in the are will be applied a DoT and while they stay in the Area of effect of the Fissures the DoT is reapplied until the fissures go away and the DoT is applied for 5secs and every time the enemy runs back over the debuffs are reapplied for 5seconds. The passive would be wonderful with a chance to stun like breeze. Currently singe is still stronger then Toor. Also in PvP u can see the fissures underground sinking is this a bug or no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I'm pretty sure there's no need for further discussion in this thread so I'll just go a bit off-topic.

It has come to my understanding that the big spenders in this game are not too fond of the recent outcome of AL's economy. In order to somewhat satisfy them I'd suggest having tier rewards linked to platinum history, for example at 10k, 15k, 20k [...] 100k and so on. Such tier rewards could either be purely cosmetic such as vanities and banners, but it'd be worth discussing whether there should also be weekly ankh rewards for example (account bound of course).

What do you arcanians think about that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Feel free to begin a new topic. The point of this is to see if golden toor should have a stat difference than toor. Personal attacks are not appreciated.
    It wasn't meant as a personal attack. I'm just trying to illustrate how difficult it is to strike a balance in a free-to-play game using a mechanism like locks. Either you're going to have a small group of very wealthy, overpowered players. Or you're going to have a flooded marketplace. We've now seen both extremes. As a plat spender, you voiced your displeasure with the inflation of prices for non-farmable shards and farmable but ultra-rare fossils. I thought it was something worth expanding on.

And what I said was on topic. Spending plat for a superior gold version of a pet would set a precedent, good or bad. I think STG made the right call by making it a nothing more than a vanity.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 07-16-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Just to chime in on the Gold vs normal Toor debate here, there are currently no plans to add any additional stats to Gold Toor to make him superior to Toor. The reasoning behind this is that he is a vanity version of the same pet, as isintended.

If we were to give Gold Toor more stats, it would be like putting stats on one vanity armor set out of all the vanity sets in the game, thus there are no more vanity sets, there is just one vanity set because it provides a tangible benefit outside of its intended purpose. Imagine if the Medusa Vanity granted +5 Dex for each piece, all of the other vanities now became obsolete and pointless. The purpose of Gold Toor is to provide an option for players interested in collecting and merchandising a specialty variation of a pet readily available to the masses.

In the end, deciding to have a Gold Toor over a Toor is a personal player choice, and it's not fair to remove that as a choice by saying one is clearly superior to the other.

We appreciate the feedback!
    I hate to say this but the idea of VANITY PET that you guys have come out with really BLOWS. At least make it have more of SPECIAL EFFECT to really be EYE CATCHING. As a collector pet and a vanity pet it only benefit a hands full and those are the SNS owner as they all want and able to Complete their stable. I don't care about the stats. But the fact is wanting to complete the stable give me no option but to have it and as an arcane vanity pet it really has NOTHING TO SHINE or SHOW for it or put an AWE EFFECT when someone see it.

A vanity as in Clothing at least those you can trade off and sell off after wearing it or seeing a new and better looking set. When it come to pet it's completely different it's a full and complete gold sink of your capital as you hatch and open it and have nothing to show for while you can't play with it cause it's really not top notch. I'm not asking for gold toor to have better stats but at least make it more BEAUTIFUL and with some crazy SPECIAL effect such as maybe have ARCANE SKILL FISSURE appear in in town LOL in stead of just SMACKING AIR and does nothing.
    Last edited by twoxc; 07-16-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoxc View Post
    i hate to say this but the idea of vanity pet that you guys have come out with really blows. at least make it have more of special effect to really be eye catching. as a collector pet and a vanity pet it only benefit a hands full and those are the sns owner as they all want and able to complete their stable. I don't care about the stats. But the fact is wanting to complete the stable give me no option but to have it and as an arcane vanity pet it really has nothing to shine or show for it or put an awe effect when someone see it.

a vanity as in clothing at least those you can trade off and sell off after wearing it or seeing a new and better looking set. When it come to pet it's completely different it's a full and complete gold sink of your capital as you hatch and open it and have nothing to show for while you can't play with it cause it's really not top notch. I'm not asking for gold toor to have better stats but at least make it more beautiful and with some crazy special effect such as maybe have arcane skill fissure appear in in town lol in stead of just smacking air and does nothing.
    lol...

Name:  really.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  191.7 KB

Name:  arcane-pet-toor.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  191.1 KB
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I originally agreed that Gold Toor should have not just a slight edge but a large edge.

However, that was when I believed that Gold Toor was direct to stable from Massive Crates, not an egg you can sell.

The fallout from platfarming is still heavy, people who did it sucked up most of the SnS and also carry 400m gold or more still. They do not deserve to have a better pet because they can spend stolen gold on it. They have spent NO money, and in many cases have made hundreds sometimes thousands of real dollars selling the gold they bought with stolen plat.

The people who deserve the edge are the ones who continued to pour money into the game while the economy was destroyed and Arcane ring became 150m bc of platfarming. People who despite having spent thousands of dollars still sank to poverty in the game while cheaters rose and had limitless assets like a dev or something. People like me, yes, who still spend money and still try to loot from crates after platfarming has apparently ended though I hear conflicting reports.

If platfarming is over then Gold Toor should've been direct to stable only, not a tradeable egg, then he should've had better abilities and stats.

..Listen, crate tokens is a start, but there needs to be something good in there that we can actually make a profit on. I really hope STS adds something to the crate token vendor that has to do with the new mythic gear and something that is really hard to come by. We deserve something better than what cheaters and people who spend no money have...that's not being an ***, that's just being realistic.

I work 50 hours a week and also do online school full time...I'm tired of hearing people complain that farming should be better.
    ..Like, NO, spending your MONEY should be better wtf lmao. I don't have time to farm even if I wanted to which I don't. I can spend money, and that should be met with appreciation from STS in the form of a definitive edge. I mean, I would forgoe even spending plat and just buy items outright with money directly from STS...that is one way to fix the economy and balance and distribution of gear manipulated by platfarmers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to conradev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

k
    Quote Originally Posted by conradev View Post
    I originally agreed that Gold Toor should have not just a slight edge but a large edge.

However, that was when I believed that Gold Toor was direct to stable from Massive Crates, not an egg you can sell.

The fallout from platfarming is still heavy, people who did it sucked up most of the SnS and also carry 400m gold or more still. They do not deserve to have a better pet because they can spend stolen gold on it. They have spent NO money, and in many cases have made hundreds sometimes thousands of real dollars selling the gold they bought with stolen plat.

The people who deserve the edge are the ones who continued to pour money into the game while the economy was destroyed and Arcane ring became 150m bc of platfarming. People who despite having spent thousands of dollars still sank to poverty in the game while cheaters rose and had limitless assets like a dev or something. People like me, yes, who still spend money and still try to loot from crates after platfarming has apparently ended though I hear conflicting reports.

If platfarming is over then Gold Toor should've been direct to stable only, not a tradeable egg, then he should've had better abilities and stats.

..Listen, crate tokens is a start, but there needs to be something good in there that we can actually make a profit on. I really hope STS adds something to the crate token vendor that has to do with the new mythic gear and something that is really hard to come by. We deserve something better than what cheaters and people who spend no money have...that's not being an ***, that's just being realistic.

I work 50 hours a week and also do online school full time...I'm tired of hearing people complain that farming should be better.
    ..Like, NO, spending your MONEY should be better wtf lmao. I don't have time to farm even if I wanted to which I don't. I can spend money, and that should be met with appreciation from STS in the form of a definitive edge. I mean, I would forgoe even spending plat and just buy items outright with money directly from STS...that is one way to fix the economy and balance and distribution of gear manipulated by platfarmers.
    Agreed, spending money should give you a edge, if it didn't no one would actually buy plat at all and AL would be dead. I spent a lot of money on the game some time ago and i regret all of it, often with 0 benefits or even with negative benefits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Spending money means you don't have to farm as much. But I don't think that's your real issue. You want money to allow you access to superior gear. Let's just be clear about that.

I'm not trying to vilify this point of view. I just don't want to confuse the argument. You want spending money to make you better than non-plat spender can be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

The idea behind this was that people who want to show off and show their wealth, they go for the gold version whiles everyone else has the regular. Not to make one version better than the other.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    The idea behind this was that people who want to show off and show their wealth, they go for the gold version whiles everyone else has the regular. Not to make one version better than the other.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much this. Also didnt devs also say that there will be no real stat difference between both? And despite knowing that people still make threads about making gold toor better than the regular version. But as twoxc said it would be fine to add some special effects to gold toor to make it look like an actual vanity pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! Gold pets, current and future, are (and will be) purely vanity, no stat difference. It's meant to be more of a collectors thing than a true game advantage thing. It's just for fun.

They just don't understand gold pet is vanity.
    Maybe u should put a "gold shard" to be found in massive locked. So anyone opens it, can add gold vanity to their selective pet once. And it's not removable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Gold toor is brought as a vanity pet.
    It is just the rich version of normal toor.
    Why do people like furry forerunners? We dont need extra stats on them.
    Anyway stg has told already what they are not up to on this topic.

The game is at it's best phase now, well at economy wise.
    Farmers can reach at somewhere with farming.
    Plat spenders can get great gold conversion as the luck ankh kits are quite costly. The lockeds can be open for 5/10 plats and still can give good amount of plats. The value of golds is at it's peak. Now one can buy some decent amount of plats and get great items.
    It encourages people to buy plats.

The gaps between rich and poor are not as it was before.

Now, whats your idea to give real plat spenders an edge without destroying the above mentioned improvement the game has gotten? Also without giving an edge to the people who used 'stolen' golds like you said??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Hang on I thought the plan going forward for sts was to close the gap between the rich n the poor better... not make it worse.

Gold toor can only be obtained via locks unlike regular toor which you can get with tokens.

Now as its great to have a variety of pets especially ones you can show off but if we follow suit on buffing a vanity pet then can we bring up the gold vanity from sirspendsalot actually dropping real gold when you wear it for one to collect as well ?

The pet in geneal (toor) is already due a buff this weekend an cannot give sts enough love an credit for getting the fixes done...

But lets not start pushing for unnessercy changes just to make a quick buck because you have a few gold pets stashed away...

1 < 3
    It would be pretty dope to have the spendalot vanity give nearby players 1 gold every 30secs or something

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post
    Carapace could you mind to check my post in the sneak peak of Toor and why was the passive ability changed from having stun to no stun? Mind to fill me in.

The chance for Toor's passive attacks to stun hasn't change. It is still the same chance as it has always been.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Gold toor just needs more bling. even nilbog is better looking that this poor thing!
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    The chance for Toor's passive attacks to stun hasn't change. It is still the same chance as it has always been.
    I have tested on many friends I have get to see it stun. Also recheck the passive compared to the one posted.

Last edited by Farminer's; 07-17-2015 at 10:53 AM.