Page 161 of 204 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    Monks get taken down so easily, have no skills to ambush or escape. If you want a fast lvler and a wicked pvper become a ranger, If you want a Fast lvler and like tanking become a warrior, If you like to be a caster and deal damage with spells become a mage which is decent in both lvling and pvp. Monks are the slowest lvlers, apart from the cool animations they fall flat compared to the others
    Totally and utterly false. Did you level a monk to 60? Only monks with no clue get taken down easily. I had no problems with my monk after 30-35, it just takes more planning than a warrior or ranger. You don't need ambush or escape at all. Use arrow of faith or fire of faith (once unlocked, if divine) to aggro the mob, then use mantis cudgel which will 90% of the time stun the enemy as they reach you for 5 secs or until you hit them, preferably with a high damage move. I had a riot with my monk after 30ish, although it is definitely more challenging. I respeced to divine at 45 and very very rarely died due to the awesome healing capability and I had decent armor.

Not to mention I leveled my monk as fast as I leveled my warrior. Mages are far squishier than a decent monk, especially at lower levels and may be the toughest/most challenging class of all.

Not to mention Military Monks are terrific at PvP/elite boss farming, due to their instant cast high-damage Lion King Strike, and they have the skills that makes them near invincible for 15 seconds (I think it is 15)
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 06-27-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    HeHe - You did say that in game.....

Ima gonna level my Warrior for now, and maybe create a Bird, sorry Ranger...lol
    Don't listen to that post for a single second. Totally an opinion and one I disagree with (and Royce did as well, before he went MIA again, when people tried to dog on monks)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Don't listen to that post for a single second. Totally an opinion and one I disagree with (and Royce did as well, before he went MIA again, when people tried to dog on monks)
    No, I didn't lvl a monk to 60. I have a monk at lvl 15 and compared with what my ranger did at 15 I didnt like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Ok - I'll play them all to about 20 and see how it goes.... LOL
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ok - I'll play them all to about 20 and see how it goes.... LOL
    Just play and enjoy the game
    All classes offer something different -- and everyone's going to have their own favorite.

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'm gonna level a monk after my ranger. They are extremely helpful, and seem pretty cool.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Guys, please make sure before you ask to join our guild that you actually want to be in it.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Guys, please make sure before you ask to join our guild that you actually want to be in it.

Thank you.
    <3
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah monks are actually the hardest to take down, if played well. They can actually keep healing and supporting nonstop when you have your mana skill, thus making them essential to any group. It's also quite easy to see a seasoned monk from a new one, timing of spells, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    I'm gonna level a monk after my ranger. They are extremely helpful, and seem pretty cool.
    Monks are good in PVP and PVE (dungeon or group). They aren't that bad in solo pve. Might not be as good as archer and warrior in solo pve. They can beat most classes in duel except a good mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey Moo and Les

I'm thinking Outlaws is gonna be more my thing then.... "I don't PvP" as a well know PLer once (or repeatedly said). Is there any chance someone could point me in the direction of a guild invite?

Ok, I've now read a little bit more and am thinking Monk might not be my best option??

I'm more likely to want to both solo and group play when possible as my timezone is UK so might not be best for everyone else. Although I work a 24hr shift pattern so playing times will be all over the place.

Re: Crafting (and having done a bit of reading) it would appear a good way to 'power-level' my crafting skills would be to craft for others too. Does the guild have a gap? IE one of the three crafts that they need more than the other? Suspect the low level crafting i'm only able to offer, will be surplus to requirements for the time being, would be great to select the right one initially though.

I'm gonna make a warrior and an Archer also and play will all three for a bit and see which i like....

Looking forward to catching up with a few of you, well half of a few of you anyways...LOL. (i'm not gonna ask)

Which ever guild you decide I do think you need to join one. This is because there are graveyards in this game located in PvP areas which little kids like to camp and kill players who spawn there and also when questing in a PvP area, if you have a guild tag, you "might" be left alone..... usually you will be is what I have noticed, especially if its a big guild.

I tried to level a monk but I find it very hard to level him.... I have an archer and after that, I just find any other way too hard and too long to level IMO... if u havent tried archer you should, just try for 5 lvls is my suggestion...
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Any word on this coming to android? After playing for a few months is everyone still happy with it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    No, I didn't lvl a monk to 60. I have a monk at lvl 15 and compared with what my ranger did at 15 I didnt like it.
    Well monks are not that hot until about lvl 30 and not as easy as warriors or rangers even in the end, but they are far from suck, especially once you get the hang of it. Comparing two classes at 15 and saying 'overall monks suck' is like me, who barely PvPs in PL and has played maybe 50 matches total, saying "i have the best build everrr and I know it's the best". I just don't really have the experience to make any claims about PvP knowledge in PL, in that example, to be saying things that I really don't know the whole story about.

Sorry I was a little harsh (not on purpose at all) but to say a class sucks based on 15 short levels out of 60 long ones rubbed me the wrong way, sorry bud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

<3
    You know you can't leave, right, Dawn? You're our Official Guild Suicidial Maniac!

Btw, has anyone seen the monk skill Bruise work? I have 30% and have yet to see it do anything. But you have to max it to get Lion :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

You know you can't leave, right, Dawn? You're our Official Guild Suicidial Maniac!

Btw, has anyone seen the monk skill Bruise work? I have 30% and have yet to see it do anything. But you have to max it to get Lion :/
    Bahaha! You should see me in the lava at Rift.

Lava + Dawn = happiness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah les, seen it work. Not THAT noticeable, but still there I guess and yes, Lion is really good and worth the 3 points investment anyway. Lion is best on dual weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Bahaha! You should see me in the lava at Rift.

Lava + Dawn = happiness
    Oh no you di'n! Lol you're probably the only one willing to swim in lava. Although, I do run across it when I know it can only take a few hundred hp off me and not boil me alive :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Yeah les, seen it work. Not THAT noticeable, but still there I guess and yes, Lion is really good and worth the 3 points investment anyway. Lion is best on dual weapons
    So how do you know when it's working?
    I'm so used to Avulsion Shot and it's killer damage, so was hoping this would get a similar affect, just randomly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

So how do you know when it's working?I'm so used to Avulsion Shot and it's killer damage, so was hoping this would get a similar affect, just randomly.
    They'd get a status on them, the bruise icon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Les empty your inbox. thanks
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand