Page 11 of 204 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I've yet to see a pet, actually. And I think someone said they're purely vanity items (so far).

Ranger basically gets to choose between Archer and Assassin skills. I'm leaning more towards archers, but I see that's not so good for soloing, bc the enemies run to you, pushing you into melee combat. I actually like the mix of the two.
    I wonder if anyone's written a guide yet on the effectiveness/usefulness of all the skills? I just KNOW I'm gonna mess it up my first time around without any guidance.
    Same, I saw one of those cute little pigs following.

Ah I see, so almost a mix between Rogue/Archer?

I'd choose the Archer too, but from how you said it, they would almost always require a tank in front of them. Do they have lots of root skills? Have you tried kiting yet?

I also heard from some players, like Moar, that there isn't really much tanking in the game. I was surprised to see that there was no "Taunt" type of skill for tanks, which made me decide that I'm better off going as a Berserk/Battle build and just spec towards an AoE melee machine

Idk about the guides.. I visit their Gameloft OC forum once in awhile, and it's been empty. I wonder if there was another unofficial forum that is as dedicated to it's game as ours?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

TouchArcade is usually good for info. But they usually have one thread dedicated to a game so I think eventually it can get hard to find what you're looking for. I'm not sure where to look for actual guides. But when I was stuck on other games and googled it, the answer was usually at ToucArcade.

Oh and I haven't figured out yet if I can kite properly. When I'm low on hp and run, they usually chase after me and I'm not really attacking. I'm not sure if that's just because i'm only lvl 10 and have so few skills. Perhaps higher level skills allow archers to solo better? I'm not sure. This is what I need to find out so I don't end up having to start from scratch (would be annoying, since most gear in this game bounds to the char once you wear it. And I still don't know how to transfer items between my chars).
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-29-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

TouchArcade is usually good for info. But they usually have one thread dedicated to a game so I think eventually it can get hard to find what you're looking for. I'm not sure where to look for actual guides. But when I was stuck on other games and googled it, the answer was usually at ToucArcade.
    I saw that guild tag in game too, seemed to have decent players based on from those I saw I'll check it out, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone invite me to the guild IGN: TheKing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've yet to see a pet, actually. And I think someone said they're purely vanity items (so far).

Ranger basically gets to choose between Archer and Assassin skills. I'm leaning more towards archers, but I see that's not so good for soloing, bc the enemies run to you, pushing you into melee combat. I actually like the mix of the two.
    I wonder if anyone's written a guide yet on the effectiveness/usefulness of all the skills? I just KNOW I'm gonna mess it up my first time around without any guidance.
    If I did my math right, don't spread out your skills points, stick to one tree so you can get your "ultimate" at the end. I'm only lvl 7 and using a ranger to solo is pretty hard. You can use that quick shot skills while in melee combat though. It's cool down is super fast too. I have lvl 2 some how, I think i bought it somewhere.

So how do we get gold? Is it like plat in pl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    So how do we get gold? Is it like plat in pl?
    Nah, 1 gold = 100 silver, I have 5 gold at 15 so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IGN Toughie , making guild.. add me. ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE, GRIND GRIND GRIND
    TOUGHIE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm going to be out of the action till Saturday evening, which means all you goons will be miles ahead of me!

Has anyone tried a monk yet? I'm thinking it would be easy to solo with one due to healing skills. And just so it's known, your skills don't change no matter what race you are? (orc warrior and elf warrior would have same skills)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm going to be out of the action till Saturday evening, which means all you goons will be miles ahead of me!

Has anyone tried a monk yet? I'm thinking it would be easy to solo with one due to healing skills. And just so it's known, your skills don't change no matter what race you are? (orc warrior and elf warrior would have same skills)
    You should be fine, just Moar and Toughie will probably leave all of us in dust anyway 31 and 32?

I was thinking Monk would be great too! They get to use Polearms!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Nah, 1 gold = 100 silver, I have 5 gold at 15 so far.
    Holy crap. How? I'm level 10 and still only have like 60 silver.

Is there any way to transfer items between chars? I looted a mallet I want to give to my Orc warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Holy crap. How? I'm level 10 and still only have like 60 silver.

Is there any way to transfer items between chars? I looted a mallet I want to give to my Orc warrior.
    Idk.. I did my quests and all, that's it. You should also keep the crafting materials, the item description usually says "This item can be used for crafting". I sold a couple of 20 stacks for 50 silver each in the auction house last night

I haven't tried the stash, but you can always mail it to your other character I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Idk.. I did my quests and all, that's it. You should also keep the crafting materials, the item description usually says "This item can be used for crafting". I sold a couple of 20 stacks for 50 silver each in the auction house last night

I haven't tried the stash, but you can always mail it to your other character I think.
    Omg are you serious? Those are usually the firs things I drop when I run out if room.
    I don't even know where the auction house is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Omg are you serious? Those are usually the firs things I drop when I run out if room.
    I don't even know where the auction house is...
    Yeah I learnt it from WoW, sort of.

It's usually by an Inn (It has a green hammer icon as a photo in the map when you zoom in).

I think it was at the 3rd major town that I found it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I also can't find a stash besides the one in the first town. I'm having to drop so many items to make room for others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is there any reward to winning a duel, or any penalty for dying?

Also, looks like you don't assign any attribute points to stats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Is there any reward to winning a duel, or any penalty for dying?

Also, looks like you don't assign any attribute points to stats?
    I died a few times and it said I lost 0 copper. Which makes me think that at some point you do lose money when you die.

As for stat points, I think it all goes into skills.

Btw, I just upgraded to Rapid Shot IV. Will that prevent me from leveling something else up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I died a few times and it said I lost 0 copper. Which makes me think that at some point you do lose money when you die.

As for stat points, I think it all goes into skills.

Btw, I just upgraded to Rapid Shot IV. Will that prevent me from leveling something else up?
    For duels you don't actually die so there is no penalty unless you get attacked by a mob.

No less you should upgrade skills every time you can and use the talents tree to suit your play style on every level you gain.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For my ranger I picked up all the crit, improved shadow strike, increased dmg with daggers. Think iam gona start putting a few in the archerr tree to get all the pretty posins. Then ill hop back into *** tree and finish out the dagger skills. After that I havnt decided to go heavy into stealth or go more like comabt rogue. Leaving towards comabt style since stealth isn't as potent as in wow due to rogues not having infinite stealth. Stealth is only like ten sec long or something. Although something they may have got right is vanish! Lol
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Above level 10, when you die you lose cash. I think I lost a couple of silver before, but cash isn't that hard to come by, by the time the death cost goes up too.

IMO, just keep the crafting stuff. The ones you don't need sell pretty decent, and the ones you need you can use to craft. The crafted gear is pretty much the best ones I've found in the game lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also can't find a stash besides the one in the first town. I'm having to drop so many items to make room for others.
    If you look close almost every town has one. Usually by a inn or next to a tower. I make as many trips to the stash as possible and mainly just have crafting mats in there. Most items if my toons can't use I just sell since items that are green or better usually liquidate for decent price.

On side note anyone know anything about any dungeons yet?
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage