Page 154 of 204 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benaorn View Post
    I tried Umbra for few hours and only got a level 60 warrior helm and bunch of cloth. I went to Vita Spring and saw that there are like 2 people at every spawn point so I left. I guess I will wait for dungeon.
    Yup it's extremely crowded now.. A few weeks back you could pretty much get 2-3, if lucky the whole area actually, when EK wasn't expected to spawn soon. Now there's just people all the time. Lol.

Yup! Dungeons! Here's to hoping they come out this July!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Yeah, I think it would be better if I switch now so I can better understand the class. But I don't want to spend so much money on seals etc just to switch back to archer if I don't like it.

Cryo tells me assassin is really good though, dagger strike crits pretty high with a fast cooldown. I'm guessing the only downside is range, but with stuns, smoke bomb and blinding powder I don't think it's a big problem. And with regen gear vigor won't be a problem either.

Blah, I think I'll make the switch now to see if I like it. I'll post how it feels compared to archer.
    What level are you now? Assassin is mad fun, but gets powerful at 38 (dark breaths + completed stun/stab combo). BTW, if deep sneak lets you attack and still stay hidden, that is a HUGE game changer and I gots to spend the points to find out.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought deep sneak would cancel out all dot on an assassin and let you go into sneak mode. I think when you got dot on, you can't just use smoke bomb because the damage from dot would bring you out but that is not how it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So how would dungeons work? Kinda like PL's instances? Cuz seems like that has the potential to destroy the economy (even more).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    So how would dungeons work? Kinda like PL's instances? Cuz seems like that has the potential to destroy the economy (even more).
    Not exactly sure, but they said it was replayable, how replayable I'm not sure..

They might introduce BoP gear for the looted epics though, which will pretty much save the economy still.

They also mentioned that each region would have a dungeon, normal mode is the region level, and legendary mode (or some name like that) would make it fit for max levels to do the dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Not exactly sure, but they said it was replayable, how replayable I'm not sure..

They might introduce BoP gear for the looted epics though, which will pretty much save the economy still.

They also mentioned that each region would have a dungeon, normal mode is the region level, and legendary mode (or some name like that) would make it fit for max levels to do the dungeon.
    Just wondering if we'll have to fight over the dungeons like we do the bosses or will there be a way for us to enter even if tons of other people want in.

As for BoP, god I wish they'd make those transferable between chars on the same account. It would suck to get an epic item on one of your chars that can't use it and be stuck with it (like the recipes).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just wondering if we'll have to fight over the dungeons like we do the bosses or will there be a way for us to enter even if tons of other people want in.

As for BoP, god I wish they'd make those transferable between chars on the same account. It would suck to get an epic item on one of your chars that can't use it and be stuck with it (like the recipes).
    Ah, no I don't think you'd have to fight to enter those dungeons.

I think one of the main reasons why they implemented dungeons (along with that safezone in GYs) is to cater to the PvE only crowd. Also to deal with all that EK camping. If they make dungeons first come first serve, it'll bring that whole EK thing up again, which I hate! Lol.

Idk about the BoP. From my small experience in WoW, BoP is literally BoP, so no mailing/moving to other character..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it's anything like WOW, then dungeon will be located in a zone like Rift where there is a portal for you to enter. You will need to make group before you enter the dungeon. Once you kill the first boss in a dungeon all group members will have a timer on them (maybe 3 or 12 hours) where they can't enter the dungeon again. This will make you play longer because you can't just farm a dungeon over and over in the same day. Most items in dungeon are BoP. I am just basing this off WOW since O&C is similar. I don't really know what O&C dungeon will be like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

3-12 hrs? Holy hell. Guess you're not supposed to have a life outside the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

3-12 hrs? Holy hell. Guess you're not supposed to have a life outside the game?
    I don't think it'll be that long

Possible, but I hope not.

They mentioned in that interview thread that O&C was going to be a more in-depth game rather than casual, but they have to keep in mind the limitations of the mobile devices, so versus a PC for WoW, I think they'll have to rethink the dungeon timer too.

But yeah, 3-12 hours is just...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No the timer just mean you can't enter the dungeon again for another 12 hours or whatever. Boss will always drop one or two items. If they don't do it like that then people can farm all day long in dungeon and get their set in one day. Maybe you can clear dungeon in an hour. Most of us play more than an hour on one session anyway .

The most fun part about WOW is raiding where 40 men/women work together for 5 hours just to get 10 or so epics. Raid dungeon reset every 3 days I think. That is what keep people playing. Everybody wants to get the best items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Vigor might be a problem too. Before this vigor regen bug was found, the main problem I heard from assassins was the amount of vigor they could use. The skills use up quite a lot, not to mention the regen is only a base of 10 vigor/second I think? Plus the fact that you lose vigor everytime you get hit (not sure if that talent reducing this is worth it).
    Yeah, base is 10/s. I just switched to assassin, and vigor is fine. Although it is weird having 20 less max vigor. I might get that reduce vigor loss skill later.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    What level are you now? Assassin is mad fun, but gets powerful at 38 (dark breaths + completed stun/stab combo). BTW, if deep sneak lets you attack and still stay hidden, that is a HUGE game changer and I gots to spend the points to find out.
    I'm level 50, using one dark breaths only atm because I'm so poor. What stun/stab combo are we talking about? I have the dagger stab and surprise attack, both with maxed upgrades if that's what you mean.

Like I said the main problem I'm having with assassins is our range. I haven't figured out a way to isolate an enemy so I can take him out yet. I try opening with rapid shot, but when I smoke bomb the mob just resets. So maybe I should just surprise attack after. I rely too much on the sneak stun.

In short, assassin is a very fun class with cool skills. But it takes a bit of getting used to.
    Last edited by Formora; 06-21-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benaorn View Post
    No the timer just mean you can't enter the dungeon again for another 12 hours or whatever. Boss will always drop one or two items. If they don't do it like that then people can farm all day long in dungeon and get their set in one day. Maybe you can clear dungeon in an hour. Most of us play more than an hour on one session anyway .

The most fun part about WOW is raiding where 40 men/women work together for 5 hours just to get 10 or so epics. Raid dungeon reset every 3 days I think. That is what keep people playing. Everybody wants to get the best items.
    In a way, I want to be able to keep doing something though. I understand that they have to keep it limited, so fully agree on some sort of timer there. I just hope it's not too short to do, yet wait for hours to do again

Good for casual gaming I guess, get on for an hour or so, off until the next timer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Haha yeah that sounds more like my taste. I don't want to be forced to play for 5 hrs at a time to get anything good.

And isn't vigor regen 10/8sec, not 10/sec?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha yeah that sounds more like my taste. I don't want to be forced to play for 5 hrs at a time to get anything good.

Don't think so, it regens pretty quick doesn't it?
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Nope, it's 10 per tick, which is per second I think.

Mana is the one that goes by 8 seconds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even for the mana bug, I think it's x/1 sec. Well for vigor anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just read that O&C is out for Android, any truth to that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Even for the mana bug, I think it's x/1 sec. Well for vigor anyway.
    Actually, a tick is a half second

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

So I respected and have been playing with this deep sneak. It has the potential to set up a devastating combo, but have been practicing on the dummies and the timing is really rough.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm