Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a form of scamming? Then framing others for not trading back???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Default Is this a form of scamming? Then framing others for not trading back???

So, I was chilling near the cs, and happen to do a trade. This person had a lonngggg time to think about it, then finally accepted. These items that I traded for were something I really needed. Soon enough, the guy is asking me to give him 10k more, then he asked for a trade back! Of course I said "no thank you" as I needed these items. Right after that, he starts to announce and frame me for scamming him!?!

I tried to explain, "ITS HARD TO SCAM NOWADAYS! IN FACT ITS IMPOSSIBLE!" Even after I tried to convince him, there is no way I could have scammed him, he still rants in public. I'm so upset, I'm going to sleep. >

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If he accepted it then that's his mistake. That's not scamming lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's simply more of a bad trade on his end if that's how he feels about it and you simply got the better deal out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

No, it's not a scam. If you are standing around BS and selling items to people you have to know people are looking to buy cheaper than what the item is going for in the CS. Any time I see someone looking for an item that is readily available in the CS I know they want it cheaper than what it goes for in CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    If he accepted it then that's his mistake. That's not scamming lol.
    Exactly lmao, he had so much time to think about it, I waited like 30 sec for him to tick!

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And then after that, you and imperial decide to flame me and the other person for about 10 minutes. I know everyone saw the thread on Imperial & supposedly Lovenus scamming one person out of their recipe. Now it's happening all the time, even JoeyChandler said it was an unfair trade after you left. I'm not telling you that you should give him money or his items back, but you know that it was an unfair trade. You do not need these items, you guys that are more popular in the forums and have everyone as your friends think you can do whatever you want and not get any reprocussions. I have been playing this game since March of this year, and am nowhere near new to these types of games. And for you and imperial to sit there and flame us for 10 minutes, "Oh it's a noob party, and you the noob host." Yea, that's really classy, that's the types of things that make players stay away from this game because of people taking advantage of others instead of giving a fair trade. This is the only post I'll post in your thread, already muted you and imperial in game so there will be no more confrontations, but YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS AN UNFAIR TRADE. To me that is a scam, in some sorts as to someone knowing what they are doing vs someone trying to trade and not know. So I don't want to hear anything, and I PRAY that imperial took screenshots and posts them because it will make you both look like complete idiots, and make me look good. See, I come into the game in the right mind. DO YOU REMEMBER BEING A LVL 10? Because I sure do, as I learn knowledge I like to spread it around, ask anyone on here that I talk to in game. I try to help the new people out, instead of getting rich off of them. You and Imperial are one of the reasons people do not like this game, you guys have pathetic attitudes towards beginners and look to take advantage of them. Plain and simple.
    Characters: Baalzhebub Lvl 45 Dex Mage FeaRandu Lvl 10 Archer
    Guild: Beyond Expectations™ | | Currently Recruiting!!
    New Generation > Old Generation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    So, I was chilling near the cs, and happen to do a trade. This person had a lonngggg time to think about it, then finally accepted. These items that I traded for were something I really needed. Soon enough, the guy is asking me to give him 10k more, then he asked for a trade back! Of course I said "no thank you" as I needed these items. Right after that, he starts to announce and frame me for scamming him!?!

I tried to explain, "ITS HARD TO SCAM NOWADAYS! IN FACT ITS IMPOSSIBLE!" Even after I tried to convince him, there is no way I could have scammed him, he still rants in public. I'm so upset, I'm going to sleep. >
    Dude, 10K!!! Is it that much? You can make 10K in a few runs through Plasma Pyramid. Must we all stink things up over this monopoly money?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You can't call your own lack of knowledge of a price range of an object a scam. Same thing in the business world. It's called over paying. Being vengeful on the seller because YOU did not know the price. He is not liable for that. People are going to take advantage. This isn't against the TOS as far as I know. You shouldn't be calling somebody a scammer and being vengeful due to your own lack of knowledge. I make bad trades all the time. I don't call the other person a scammer. It's business. In business you either get burned and learn. Or you make money.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Your own stupidity is not the responsibility of the other party.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

ooo i just learned about asymmetric information in Economics... PL should be integrated into the course lol
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

All this complaining and moaning about bad trades will result in the devs disabling the trade feature. Stop it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

i sense a flame war coming...and i WILL NOT be a part of it. all i can say is that sucks man...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Look my point is that the whole "I been scammed" issue is now so popular it's hard to tell the scamee from the pretend to be a "scammee"... Every day someone is walking around saying he was scammed. Getting annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    You can't call your own lack of knowledge of a price range of an object a scam. Same thing in the business world. It's called over paying. Being vengeful on the seller because YOU did not know the price. He is not liable for that. People are going to take advantage. This isn't against the TOS as far as I know. You shouldn't be calling somebody a scammer and being vengeful due to your own lack of knowledge. I make bad trades all the time. I don't call the other person a scammer. It's business. In business you either get burned and learn. Or you make money.
    But they are fighting over 10K!!! There are principles of business, and principles of community. Which are we seeking in this silly little game? No need to rip off the noobs to make a few fake gp. We all know it's buyer beware, but do you really want to play that way? Fighting over 10K? It's not fun for the rest of us. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it's nice to be that way. (Not refering to you specifically, Parth, as I know you to be a very generous man.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Then maybe we should have reprocussions for people like this. A temporary 24Hr ban maybe if the other person can prove it was a bad transaction? I know it's annoying but it unfortunately is part of the game and people have to hear about it. He shouldn't have even brought it onto the forums TBH, it was handled it game with a 10 minute flaming session and them leaving. That's all it had to be.

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

he did nothing wrong.. you just not being smart enough to check cs prices or not being decisive enough completly FAIL!
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    But they are fighting over 10K!!! There are principles of business, and principles of community. Which are we seeking in this silly little game? No need to rip off the noobs to make a few fake gp. We all know it's buyer beware, but do you really want to play that way? Fighting over 10K? It's not fun for the rest of us. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it's nice to be that way. (Not refering to you specifically, Parth, as I know you to be a very generous man.)
    Exactly, if people weren't ripping people off in real life, then this whole economic downturn could have been avoided. Real Estate companies were putting people into homes that they couldn't afford, and the buyers having no clue what they were getting themselves into. Same principles go into here. People are so indulged into this game, they forget what brought it all together. Helping each other out. I mean where would everyone be if Psychologic? or anyone else that made all of the guides. INCLUDING YANIS, he made all the pinks lists am i right? How would we know if we had all of the pinks if we weren't helping each other out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

When I first started I walked into the CS and asked, "how much is the mojo bow bow worth?" Someone told me 7K so I sold it for that. Then a few days later I found out they were going for like 25K and I was bummed but I sucked it up and realized I should have done my homework and found out how much it was worth. Lesson learned.

I'll say it again: if you sell stuff in town, outside of the consingment shop, you are going to make less than you will in CS. Think of buying/selling in town (not in auction but in town) as a virtual garage sale. You will make less and can expect to pay less when you try to buy or sell from tells in town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

One more thing. Price fluctuate. If prices were rock solid. We would have a very boring economy. If the value was 10k higher. You can't say he scammed you. That's pointless and immature of you. Not to mention. Bringing drama on the forums. This is not Gossip Girl. Their forums are elsewhere if you like drama.

Ya, Snake. I know what you meant. But same principles apply regardless. IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

One more thing. Price fluctuate. If prices were rock solid. We would have a very boring economy. If the value was 10k higher. You can't say he scammed you. That's pointless and immature of you. Not to mention. Bringing drama on the forums. This is not Gossip Girl. Their forums are elsewhere if you like drama.

Ya, Snake. I know what you meant. But same principles apply regardless. IMO.