Thread: Tobiiasfunke - 55 Dex Bird

Chronicler of Alterra Bobloblaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Tobiiasfunke - 55 Dex Bird

Hey all! I've been in game since December (if only I had a smartphone sooner...) and have been lurking on the forums for some time now so I decided it was time to introduce myself.

My main is a 55 dex bird named Tobiiasfunke. I am a long time MMO player and used to play WoW in a competitive raiding guild for a long time. I didn't have the time to devote to WoW near the end of wotlk due to med school engagements so I had to give it up. I've found PL to be a great game and it has satiated my appetite for a fun but less demanding mmo.

One of the things that draws me to games of this type is min/maxing and the mechanics behind damage/armor/rotations/etc. Reading Phys's threads and finding this in PL has certainly gotten me more into the game. I used to do a lot of theorycrafting on Elitist Jerks for WoW so I'm enjoying finding my new home here. By no means would I consider myself great at this game, but I do understand what I should be doing and I am now just waiting for my fingers to catch up .

Personally, let's see... I'm 26, I live on the east coast in the US, and I'm a big hockey fan (even though my team just got knocked out in the first round).

I've had the pleasure of running with a handful of the established forum guys and gals around here and it has been a blast. I look forward to meeting more of you IGN.

Oh, and I'm not German despite being asked that (due to my character name) a few times daily. All of my toons are named after characters from the tv show Arrested Development.

Tobiiasfunke: 55 Dex Penguin, Busterrbluth: 33 Dual Bear, Bobloblaaw: Bank Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hey tobias! I remember running with you a few times, mostly because I remember commenting about your name and how much I love Arrested Development. Welcome to the forums!

Another hockey fan, eh? Who's your team? My team didn't even make playoffs lol. It's a hard time to be a Blue Jackets fan. Another local team, AHL Lake Erie Monsters, just made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. I went to round 1, game 7 a couple days ago. We got knocked out by Manitoba .
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yo Skav!

I'm from Pittsburgh (we can have a Pgh/Cle truce ) so I'm a Pens fan. The Blue Jackets are an awesome team though. They haven't had much luck lately but I've always liked CBJ. Big fan of Rick Nash (he is a beast) and Umberger who is a really solid player and originally from the Pgh area. I bet the Monsters game was sweet to be at!

And yea, AD rocks.
    "That Funke is some kind of something. Boy, this Funke is all anybody's ever talking about. So sick and tired of hearing about how brilliant that Funke is."
    Tobiiasfunke: 55 Dex Penguin, Busterrbluth: 33 Dual Bear, Bobloblaaw: Bank Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are you German Tobiias? Haha just kidding ^^
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Welcome to the forums! Your story is similar to mine. I started platying PL in September and only stalked the forums up until February when I felt I had something to say. Been a forum junkie ever since. Also, like you, PL feeds my MMO craving that I had to curb from way back in my EverQuest days. It's just enough without consuming my life. Glad to have you here and feel free to add me. IGN same as forum name. I'm a mage that doesn't like people dying on my watch, if I can help it. (It's the mommy in me.)

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol love the name my main is a 55 mage add jaminn ill send u the request

"I'm the worlds first analysis slash therapist"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jaminn View Post
    "I'm the worlds first analysis slash therapist"
    HAHA, I wanted to put the next line but I'm not sure STS would appreciate it. Already accepted the request. Pretty sure we ran a few things together in the past.

And hey Kaotiic and Til!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobloblaw View Post
    HAHA, I wanted to put the next line but I'm not sure STS would appreciate it. Already accepted the request. Pretty sure we ran a few things together in the past.

And hey Kaotiic and Til!
    What would have been wrong with the next line lol
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.