Thread: enchanted vs mega mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default enchanted vs mega mage

I'm planning to go back to int. Kinda debating, but I may. That, or go dual. What's the advantage of enchanted set over MM? I hear people saying how awesome it is, but the only difference I noticed was the regen. May be a dumb question, but is the regent all it comes down to? Never used enchanted, so I'm not sure. Thanks!

-Mystical

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've been testing enchanted and with the gemstone staff it owns. I have 19 m/s with the ring and it never goes down. Since Gcd came you don't need as much mana as before.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use enchanted with wand and bracer and staff at boss. I really love the set, i cant say for sure if its the hs or what but I die way less often. It may be all the hs, but it seems to draw less aggro. I have no proof of this other than getting smoked way less often. To me this makes the set worth the cost, as a dead mage is no good to his or her party. It lets me play aggressive without fear of getting smoked if im the only mage in the party. My best advice would be to borrow someones ser and give it a try before investing all the gold.
    Vachdaddy lvl 56 bird/Horicepinker lvl 55 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe the comparison wld help u?

Mm staff set

After crafting set- enchanted set

I decided to craft my set cos its a lot easier to kill in pvp. I tried the set prior to crafting it. The experience of it would be similar to being a dex mage. However In pvp, if your opponent (mm mage) wipe out ur mana on first combo. Good chance you will feel the frustration and need for mana regen. Nevertheless, u goot love the crit and damage it dishes out.

I dun really do farming.. Pretty much sucked at it. But the man regen does irritate me.

So if u have money n no where to spend? Get enchanted first.. Mm is a lot easier to get if u dun likr enchanted.
    Mandikah---Name: mandy Character: crazy Occupation: pocket legends addict Gender: Male in female body ( just kidding)
    Char nick: mageangelica- level 55 mage Archangelica-level 30 archer Bearyangelica- level 1 bear to make the angelica set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would have to agree with Vach....borrow a set and try a few runs.
    The numbers are one thing but you won't really know till you try it in game. I have been nothing but happy with my enchanted gear.
    Good luck whichever way you go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I've been using enchanted from the day crafting was implemented. Even before cooldown and updated set bonus, I liked the set way more than regular mm. The reason: survivability. The h/s really help in surviving in pve games. Additionally, after the update, you get +5 dmg and a little extra dmg from the higher int, when going for the mm gemstone staff set. I never saw m/s as really necessary in pve anyway, but the gcd reduces the use of mana pots even further (was already way lower than a bird would use with roach or custom set).

But, as said, you might want to try it out first. I originally crafted it for my gf, but she ended up using regular stuff as she doesn't like the mana regen of the set. It's all personal choice really

Edit: for clarity, the enchanted gemstone staff set doesn't require any mana pots if not using magic shield. Mana consumption for the wand/bracer isn't to bad either, especially with a ring.
    Last edited by JaytB; 04-29-2011 at 04:27 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you know whether the set bonus extends to the enchanted wand the bracer? I'm seriously considering crafting my MM armor now.
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Alright, thanks guys. Ill try finding someone to lend me it Appreciate the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMystic View Post
    Do you know whether the set bonus extends to the enchanted wand the bracer? I'm seriously considering crafting my MM armor now.
    No, the original set-bonus remains the same for the wand/bracer set.
    The set bonus for wand/bracer is: 2 dodge, 4 h/s, 4 m/s, 6 armor
    See physiologics thread for a list of all lv55 set bonusses.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Okay, total noob question but do you mean a whole enchanted set like with enchanted staff, robe, helm? I have been kind of silently protesting the crazy high prices of MM and of enchanted sets so I have been running with my sewer stuff and doing just fine (and a mega mage gem something or other wand that I got for like 20K and lowman bracer) but I might consider buying getting an enchanted set if it's really worth it.

Or would it be best to just enchant the stuff I already have? I am so not well informed when it comes to crafting. is that how you do it? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Okay, total noob question but do you mean a whole enchanted set like with enchanted staff, robe, helm? I have been kind of silently protesting the crazy high prices of MM and of enchanted sets so I have been running with my sewer stuff and doing just fine (and a mega mage gem something or other wand that I got for like 20K and lowman bracer) but I might consider buying getting an enchanted set if it's really worth it.

Or would it be best to just enchant the stuff I already have? I am so not well informed when it comes to crafting. is that how you do it? lol
    Only megamage can be crafted into enchanted. Sewer queen can't be crafted.

Edit: and enchanted (or regular) sets would be:

helmet/robe/wand/bracer
    Or
    Helmet/robe/gem blast staff
    Or
    Helmet/robe/gemstone staff

Note that no set items of enchanted and mm can be combined, if you want a set bonus. You either need full enchanted or full mm.
    Last edited by JaytB; 04-29-2011 at 02:15 PM.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Got enchanted. And so far so awesome! Thanks for all the advice and help. Was pricey but worth it. I'm debating whether or not to try and get gemstone wand and Bracer. Staff seems to have nice damage, regent, and survivability. Any advice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Got enchanted. And so far so awesome! Thanks for all the advice and help. Was pricey but worth it. I'm debating whether or not to try and get gemstone wand and Bracer. Staff seems to have nice damage, regent, and survivability. Any advice?
    If you like the regen on you staff-set, you'll LUV it with wand/bracer.

Look at all that regen (screenshots without rings or vanity items)

And spell dmg isn't that bad for the level of protection that you'll get.

I definitely think it's worth it, especially at times you're the only mage and you can't afford to die and make the walk of shame

Edit: posted wrong screenie
    Edit2: although 8h/s doesn't seem like much, it's definitely noticable. And the relatively HUGE amount of armor increase makes it worth it even more IMO
    Last edited by JaytB; 04-29-2011 at 02:57 PM.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Alright, Thanks man! Ill try buying em for sure! Only have 760K ATM but I have a lot of stuff in cs (raid leather, lvl 15 blacksmith, alchemist, and Ginger bread shield. Etc) you helped a lot! M/S doesn't look too amazing (14 with ring) but I've dealt with less as dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Alright, Thanks man! Ill try buying em for sure! Only have 760K ATM but I have a lot of stuff in cs (raid leather, lvl 15 blacksmith, alchemist, and Ginger bread shield. Etc) you helped a lot! M/S doesn't look too amazing (14 with ring) but I've dealt with less as dex
    Glad it helped

As for the m/s, it's not all that bad post-gcd. But be ready to spam mana pots like crazy as soon as you feel the need to put your magic shield up then again, you'll hardly need it with the insane h/s. I mostly use a combination of drain life, heal and health pots, to stay alive. Only when there are fire crates or when doing some light tanking, it could be useful to put up that shield.

Anyway, hope you'll get your complete set soon

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Glad it helped

As for the m/s, it's not all that bad post-gcd. But be ready to spam mana pots like crazy as soon as you feel the need to put your magic shield up then again, you'll hardly need it with the insane h/s. I mostly use a combination of drain life, heal and health pots, to stay alive. Only when there are fire crates or when doing some light tanking, it could be useful to put up that shield.

Anyway, hope you'll get your complete set soon
    Alright, thanks. Ill definately need to adjust since I went from being a full MM mage to a dex mage to this, but it shouldn't take long to Appreciate the help