Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Welcome to the Spacetime Studios Websites and Forum Discussion Board

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Welcome to the Spacetime Studios Websites and Forum Discussion Board

Spacetime Studios is always looking at ways to improve. A big part of having fun MMO games is having a great community of players who play them. Outside of the games themselves, our websites and message forums are the second home for those communities.

We invite your thoughts, suggestions and feedback about Spacetime's websites and forums. Please let us know what you think!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is one of the most organized forums I've seen. Maybe some cosmetic changes to make it look more like the games you have one part PL and one part B*.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks Echelong We sure appreciate the kind words.

We like what we have now, but we know we can improve things. After all, there is always room for improvement!

We are planning for Blackstar and how best to accommodate both the Pocket Legends community and the Blackstar community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Divide and conquer approach? Same forum divided equally for both games and have a What's new search for each game like what's new B*. Also a what's new search that has a mix for both and separate the game threads using a different color.

They should be separate but not different forums IMO so the community doesn't divide.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I agree with Ech, probably a separate section altogether for PL and B*? Now that he's mentioned the "New Posts" bit, that's almost always the only link I check
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-29-2011 at 08:14 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Good point about the "What's New" search. I hadn't considered that yet - *adds it to ye olde list 'o stuff to do*

Thanks Echelong!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Good point about the "What's New" search. I hadn't considered that yet - *adds it to ye olde list 'o stuff to do*

Thanks Echelong!
    Happy to contribute with something other than plat...
    Sig by KLEMEN

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I agree with Ech, probably a separate forum altogether for PL and B*? Now that he's mentioned the "New Posts" bit, that's almost always the only link I check
    The issue of a separate forum for each community or one big forum for them all.

Right now, I'm leaning toward one common forum for all of our games. It helps to keep friendships across different games and keeps a common account structure (among other things).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Right now, I'm leaning toward one common forum for all of our games. It helps to keep friendships across different games and keeps a common account structure (among other things).
    One big forums divided on two. That way we can have a common chat like the one there is and have two traders market, bugs, general for both games separate. Not two different forums that you would have to log in for each. More of a copy paste of PL for B* and have the off-topic area merged.

Sorry if I am not explaining myself good English still has some barriers I need to overcome.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah, re-read the post of Ech and misunderstood it to mean different forums, I agree, should be the same forum for all STS games.

But yeah, it's mainly the New Posts that concerns me, it might just mean that there will be more pages to scroll through though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Based on what Ech said, thought about some possibilities just basing on thread color.

Keep the forum as it is, every section. Maybe just add a "B* Discussion" just to actually separate it from those who manually click the General Discussion instead of New Posts. Anyway, my point is, when you create a thread, you have to select what kind of thread it is about, PL or B*, hypothetically, Blue (PL) vs Yellow (B*).

That way, even when you do click New Posts, you can easily see which threads pertain to B* or PL, and players can still post game questions about either game in the appropriate categories. Both games can use the Trader's Market, Bugs and Tech, PvP, Warrior, Enchantress, and Archer (might just need to change the names of the last three a bit, to fit both games).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This forum is already brilliant and I don't think anything major has to change. I like what has been suggested above and can't think of anything else to add.
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

YES. One common forum ie place/web-address to go to so you can switch between both game's forums easily. Eg complete some content for B* and move over to get back up to speed on PL!

General layout is really nice and clean/clear and loads super-fast so that's great.

Should you add a "News, Articles, Interview, Press" section to the forums so ppl can go to those links and discuss them? I see you have page for all Press Links which is very handy in one-place but a discussion section is fun for forumites also?

EDIT: Like the addition of the Pocket Legends/Blackstar website addresses on the Homepage (in yellow) much easier for ppl to see these are all linked/connected.
    Last edited by ratava; 05-10-2011 at 02:28 AM. Reason: f/b on linking other STS websites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mobile Forums - Since this is a mobile game MMORPG, maybe you could enable TapaTalk or something else like Forum Runner to ease the mobile viewing experience? These are highly popular apps that make reading and responding to forums threads via a mobile device a breeze.

Themes - Maybe you could add more color schemes instead of just the blue and white?

Thanks/Like - Add a thanks/like option to threads. When you allow members to say thank you this way or saw we like a post like this, it makes the thread easier to find more information. For example if a thread reaches 200 posts, but 8 of them are actually full of good content and the other 192 are people just saying thank you, it becomes difficult to get to the good stuff.

Forum Achievements - Add achievements and badges we can add to our profiles for various forum related things like;
    • Logging in for X amount of days or hours.
    • Tagging X amount of threads.
    • Getting enough "thanks" or "likes" from your posts.
    • Reaching posting milestones like 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 posts.

You could go on and on but gamers love unlockables.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ya here is a suggestion, stop being so awesome STS, you will make nerds of us all.....haha jk.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

One suggestion, have a fan-art section on the forums that encorages appropriate drawings, sceneshots and art work that promotes PL. This will give new players a place to look at gear and campaigns they cannot access and allow players to show off their artistic side.

p.s. I would love to have another official sceneshot contest
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    Mobile Forums - Since this is a mobile game MMORPG, maybe you could enable TapaTalk or something else like Forum Runner to ease the mobile viewing experience? These are highly popular apps that make reading and responding to forums threads via a mobile device a breeze.

Themes - Maybe you could add more color schemes instead of just the blue and white?

Thanks/Like - Add a thanks/like option to threads. When you allow members to say thank you this way or saw we like a post like this, it makes the thread easier to find more information. For example if a thread reaches 200 posts, but 8 of them are actually full of good content and the other 192 are people just saying thank you, it becomes difficult to get to the good stuff.

Forum Achievements - Add achievements and badges we can add to our profiles for various forum related things like;
    • Logging in for X amount of days or hours.
    • Tagging X amount of threads.
    • Getting enough "thanks" or "likes" from your posts.
    • Reaching posting milestones like 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 posts.

You could go on and on but gamers love unlockables.
    Good stuff Varking, thanks for posting these ideas. We have some very similar aims in store here at Spacetime Studios Community Central

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I notice a sleek new design on the quick post, and when i go advanced too. Is this the only update to the forums, or where you preparing for something else?

BTW i notice that the next in the writing box doesn't break off and go to the next line if too big. instead, it just continues on the next line. watch...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for the head's up Arterra on the text wrap issue.