Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Good Job STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    I see the issue, but none of us can do anything. and the crying and whining wont do a hit of good. only sts can fix this. which obviously they will if the income from this game drops.
    I was editing my post, take a look at my suggestion?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

for once zeus, I can actually agree with you. but we are not hearing anything back from sts... they are not doing a live Q&A on twitch, they are not taking live suggestions... sometimes I feel as if they do not even care.. there is so much they could do to better interact with the player base. but.... they dont..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I think developers should do as I suggested
    Heehee. Problem is, everyone on the forum thinks the devs should do what they suggest.

Only the accounting team can know how many people are actually spending money, and how much. I would guess that a lot more casual spenders are willing to put out money now that they have a chance at getting a decent item. Sure they won't make 50m, but casual spenders don't generally have that goal. They want good gear so they can play on par with other players. They want enough gold to be comfortable but no expectation to be 200 dmg points over everyone else. If you get enough of these players willing to spend, they can easily add up to more than a few whales.

Of course this is all speculation on both sides. STS decided to try out this model and only time will tell if it works for them. If it doesn't, I'm sure they will switch back, but they can't know unless they try.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I don't regret it but what bothers me to no end is how some of the f2p are getting so snarky to me here and in game. I'm getting threats and attacks left and right and it's hurting my spirit to play. It's like a kick in the teeth from sts and the community.

I've just been chill and fun and tried to spread around the wealth to my friends and guild, never merched or ripped people off. Now? I mean read the forums it's basically a gang against the plat players and yeah. It hurts.
    I feel you Candy, watching all these threads attacking plat players is horrible. Especially when I have bought my fair share of plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Only the accounting team can know how many people are actually spending money, and how much. I would guess that a lot more casual spenders are willing to put out money now that they have a chance at getting a decent item.
    I reckon the length of time since the last plat sale shows they're doing just fine. They don't need to discount plat because obviously people are buying it. Using myself as an example, I have spent as much on plat just since the expansion as I did in the 9ish months prior. Admittedly, I'm hardly a whale, but I'd have a 10k+ plat history now. And I bought so much plat because I could easily convert it into gold that was sufficient to purchase multiple mythics/arcanes instead of a fraction of one of those top items.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest there are many, many others like myself who finally see some value in buying plat. Which is a far more sustainable business model than relying on a few key players to prop you up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

If plat players want new best items so they can make gold from plat make the stats differences not so huge pls. Arcane ring is just too OP before this expansion and farmers have little chance to get one. If u gonna release new OP stuff for plat buyers then make them their own pvp rooms pls.
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I'm also happy for the change, but for plat spenders don't worry some developers already said that they will bring new items in the next big update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

I'm guessing here.....

New mythics and new mythic weapons.....pop lock n drop it! For the platters! Don't forget about some of the crafting ingredients

And if you're non platter there is the 43 mythic in the vendor.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 07-24-2015 at 04:41 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Just realised I didn't even say anything about the Op.

The times are good now young Padawan. You weren't here a year ago when we were doing 5k dailies and farming maps with 100-200k drops.

You were lucky to have started playing just when expansion and such a HUGE change was around the corner.

I'm glad for people like you who has started playing the game now. I'm glad for f2p people like me too who stand on the same footing as the once gods of Arlor with all their swanky gear and their bling bling.

I'm even more glad to see old friends of mine coming back to the game and farming. I'm glad to see less friends of mine complaining about how the economy sucks(less, oh who am I kidding. NONE of my f2p friends complaing about it anymore). I'm glad to see more friends of mine running km3 and elite wilds. Most of all I'm glad to finally not get the monthly PM from the odd friend, the PMs would look something like this "Bro, I'm quitting the game. I'll never be able to get Arcane ring and stuff because IRL is really busy too".

I'm not glad to see p2p players complaining about the economy all I can tell them is sit tight and enjoy the positivity oozing from the as they say majority of the community who the game can survive without(which it can't). I'm sure things will turn for the better, maybe not this month but it will. I'll add a few quotes and song lyrics to make my post more hippy but I don't think anyone bothers with my long posts.

TL;DR Im glad, we are glad, some are not glad. Not glad will soon be glad. The already glad will remain glad, hopefully.

Thank you bro, i will have to get you to be last in joining so you will be the one oink oinking his way through the map.
    I got so lucky with a wonderful master and comaster that in a month people were wondering why i had so little kills but already knew so much about the game. This game with people like them and you gives me hopes that it will last 1-2 years for me if not more.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I don't regret it but what bothers me to no end is how some of the f2p are getting so snarky to me here and in game. I'm getting threats and attacks left and right and it's hurting my spirit to play. It's like a kick in the teeth from sts and the community.

I've just been chill and fun and tried to spread around the wealth to my friends and guild, never merched or ripped people off. Now? I mean read the forums it's basically a gang against the plat players and yeah. It hurts.
    I'm sorry if you got the impression that with my post i was attacking plat spenders and mocking them, I assure you that wasnt what i had in mind at all. As the title says, i wanted to show appreciation to STS for the balance they've brought into the game, at least from my point of view and i know both P2W and F2P players are both absolutely essential.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    I'm guessing here.....

New mythics and new mythic weapons.....pop lock n drop it! For the platters! Don't forget about some of the crafting ingredients

And if you're non platter there is the 43 mythic in the vendor.
    I actually lost some IQ points from reading this comment... one question, do you even play Arcane Legends?

if you do, them you are under a rock. the new 46 mythic gear will be 100% farmable and craftable. so please dont be cocky.

also, the level 43 mythic is vendor is a little something called "Crate Tokens"... only comes from popping locks...

please, make sure you are 100% correct about something before going around and being rude about.

sources: go look at the bloody vendor "Naxbot" in garreta.

read the announcements to see about the craftable/farmable 46 mythic orc slaying gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Avikk,you da tru MVP.

As for the topic,you guys transformed an open "Thank you" letter to STS into a thread about p2p and f2p players drama.
    Let me say my opinion:
    Dear p2p players, i understand you.You spent enourmous amount of money in the game, just to get awesome gear and it isn't worth anything now.This is normal.You thought that if you spend your money in the game,your game experience will be assured.
    No.You thought wrong.You put money in the game at your own risk.The risk that you go bankrupt IRL or that you buy gear that will be worthless in a month or two.
    The p2p players are acting "mad" now because they can't afford the fact that they are killed in pvp by f2p players.They spent money in the game to be at the top, and now f2p players are getting close.

To Candy:
    You are acting like a spoiled kid.I know that 90% of p2p players aren't happy with the fact that the f2p players are getting good gear,but saying that you are getting sick of them,you just want to say that they are a pest to the game and they shluld be eradicated.
    Mate,the tables have finally turned for the f2p players to be something.This is the revolution of the f2p players!

Now,with this "revolution", the gap between the 2 classes is reducing very fast.You ,candy, you just want to make that gap as big as it was before.
    You and the rest of the p2p players think that the main way of playing this game is through money.No,it isn't.It is just how to see it.
    And i don't see how you get threats from other players.Maybe you have done something bad and some people hate you,or it is just a person with multiple accounts that wants to troll you.Either way,you should report those people.

I am a f2p player,and i am very happy to see that i can finally have a chance at all those things i couldn't even dream of.

Yes.Continue,please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    Avikk,you da tru MVP.

As for the topic,you guys transformed an open "Thank you" letter to STS into a thread about p2p and f2p players drama.
    Let me say my opinion:
    Dear p2p players, i understand you.You spent enourmous amount of money in the game, just to get awesome gear and it isn't worth anything now.This is normal.You thought that if you spend your money in the game,your game experience will be assured.
    No.You thought wrong.You put money in the game at your own risk.The risk that you go bankrupt IRL or that you buy gear that will be worthless in a month or two.
    The p2p players are acting "mad" now because they can't afford the fact that they are killed in pvp by f2p players.They spent money in the game to be at the top, and now f2p players are getting close.

To Candy:
    You are acting like a spoiled kid.I know that 90% of p2p players aren't happy with the fact that the f2p players are getting good gear,but saying that you are getting sick of them,you just want to say that they are a pest to the game and they shluld be eradicated.
    Mate,the tables have finally turned for the f2p players to be something.This is the revolution of the f2p players!

Now,with this "revolution", the gap between the 2 classes is reducing very fast.You ,candy, you just want to make that gap as big as it was before.
    You and the rest of the p2p players think that the main way of playing this game is through money.No,it isn't.It is just how to see it.
    And i don't see how you get threats from other players.Maybe you have done something bad and some people hate you,or it is just a person with multiple accounts that wants to troll you.Either way,you should report those people.

I am a f2p player,and i am very happy to see that i can finally have a chance at all those things i couldn't even dream of.

Yes.Continue,please.
    I mean I use forums to stay up to date with the game and discuss topics such as the economy, expansion, pets, gear... This sort of nonsense is vile tbh and honestly tarnishs the forums. Have some respect mate for a healthy debate and choose your words with some maturity, it goes further to state your opinion with class then to go this way.

I love this game and want to see arlor happy and healthy for everyone.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    As for the topic, you guys transformed an open "Thank you" letter to STS into a thread about p2p and f2p players drama.
    This. Closing because of excessive drama.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: