Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Good Job STS

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Default Good Job STS

I havent been this long in the game, half a year now but I've heard a lot about plat players having such a big advantage etc etc.
    In my experience this is quite a bitter truth, while non paying users like me before the expansion struggled in planar tombs 3 farming breeze (500k), platinum purchasing players looted one shard or fossil and inmediately had 20+ million. This created an incredible gap between rich and poor, therefore hopes to get gear like the arcane ring etc equalled 0.

However now after this expansion plat players still get something for their money but farm to pay players also have a chance at getting top gear by putting in enough effort, we have km3 to farm for locks, the wilds for the bar, arena for vials, the new maps for insignias and new gear, etc etc.

Why do we have a chance at that top gear? Due to the tokens system sts introduced, now the shard has dropped a lot in value, the fossil aswell, etc etc all these items needed to get top gear are affordable.

If you farm one bar you only need to have around 1 million stashed and u can go and craft urself the arcane ring (i know the price changes constantly and 1 million seemed a good average price for the shard).

I for myself love to complain but this time i just cant, i have to say thank you sts, you have given farm 2 pay players a chance to close the gap and have done a great job getting some balance back between plat players and farm/grind players.

(Sorry for any mistakes made, my mothertongue is german )

Cheers,
    Oez.
    Last edited by Oezheasate; 07-23-2015 at 11:08 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

This is what made plat buyers a little angry. Now in pvp/pve they will get competition from F2P players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Honestly don't get why heavy plat buyers are so mad. There's still plenty of ways to earn gold off plat. Any mmo that's not mobile and ftp make terrific sales off of stuff that has no effect on gameplay. Take rift for example, besides buying end game pvp gear there is no item that can be bought to effect gameplay (ie, gear, weapons, etc.) I don't see how al couldn't achieve the same just cause looting a arcane from lockeds doesn't make you a instant 10+ mil now. Heck even pl, dl, and sl made good sales with no items effecting gameplay, just cosmetic or elixers
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Sts should manipulate the prices of objects a bit so that plat spenders don't get a huge advantage and farmers can also buy end game gear. Like they should increase or decrease the drop rates so that shard don't reach 100mil or comes down under 1m. I think 5-10m for a shard is OK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Honestly don't get why heavy plat buyers are so mad. There's still plenty of ways to earn gold off plat. Any mmo that's not mobile and ftp make terrific sales off of stuff that has no effect on gameplay. Take rift for example, besides buying end game pvp gear there is no item that can be bought to effect gameplay (ie, gear, weapons, etc.) I don't see how al couldn't achieve the same just cause looting a arcane from lockeds doesn't make you a instant 10+ mil now. Heck even pl, dl, and sl made good sales with no items effecting gameplay, just cosmetic or elixers
    Because I have spent an exorbitant amount of money supporting this game and in my over 200k of plat using history I never once looted an arcane shard until they changed the drop rate with expansion. I bought an arc ring at 120m, nekro 30m, Imbued 20m, Maridos 30m.... And in the blink of an eye it's all basically worthless. Do you think I like that now someone can spend 7 days of farming and purchase an arcane ring, and that said item cost me over ten thousand usd?

We are not talking that people can grind hard and get best items, people can grind for a very short amount of time and get a nekro and ring.

It's a huge put off to me. How would you like it if your parents gave you a Mercedes and in 6 months they swapped it out for a Ford focus?

The shard thing is disgusting and I pray to God that they have some crafting up their sleeve that requires 10 shards to craft it. Then we will see who had the last laugh. I'm sorry but I'm sick of the f2p players getting all high and mighty. Fact is balance between both kinds of players is what keeps the game afloat. People to fund it and players to play it.

The plat players are not happy with current loot tables. You think we like rolling the dice for those class lix and fangs?
    Last edited by Candylicks; 07-23-2015 at 04:02 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

lock poppers just have to wait.... atm so many arcanes are flooded into the market. making it worthless to pop locks in terms of plat per gp. so while the prices are low, no one will pop locks like they did on the release of the expansion. the supply of arcanes will drain, causing them to raise in price. lock poppers will pop more locks flooding the Auction with arcanes. causing bar prices to jump again. this will be a cycle that will determine the communities economy for a long time to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Right now that value of plat is more. People need to spend less plat to get arcanes faster. This is what it should be. Plat should make things only faster like now it makes.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

With the current prices and everything being given away almost for free i think rhat many plat spenders have little if no incentives to spend more on this game at its current state. Just to give u a perspective, i spent approx 60k plat on all accounts and been occasionally playing for over 3 years. Yet in that time i never was able to loot arcane shard nor necro fossil, and although i felt annoyed this was a major factor that made me hitting more locks. Players with arcane shards & necros where privileged, and literally everone wanted to be among them and busk in their glory.

Atm every average bill can get everything what i have been striving to get with so much sweat and money within a week time of hard farming. You may find it fair, call it a balanced game, stabilised economy or anything else, but i call this bull****. So, i got my shard, 3 necros for all chars, did not even bother doing the quest, and we all have the same pets and stats. Except, the game is less interesting i suppose, isnt it?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

times change .-. so you just want to pay money on the game so you can have bragging rights? ive thrown over 300hours into this game in the past 2 months. I deserve these arcanes. I have also spent 200+ dollars on this game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    With the current prices and everything being given away almost for free i think rhat many plat spenders have little if no incentives to spend more on this game at its current state. Just to give u a perspective, i spent approx 60k plat on all accounts and been occasionally playing for over 3 years. Yet in that time i never was able to loot arcane shard nor necro fossil, and although i felt annoyed this was a major factor that made me hitting more locks. Players with arcane shards & necros where privileged, and literally everone wanted to be among them and busk in their glory.

Atm every average bill can get everything what i have been striving to get with so much sweat and money within a week time of hard farming. You may find it fair, call it a balanced game, stabilised economy or anything else, but i call this bull****. So, i got my shard, 3 necros for all chars, did not even bother doing the quest, and we all have the same pets and stats. Except, the game is less interesting i suppose, isnt it?
    btw you may want to revise your post.... even staring out a cuss word will get your comment removed and given a warning. I know from personal experience.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xnorwayx View Post
    This is what made plat buyers a little angry. Now in pvp/pve they will get competition from F2P players
    Xd I can see you getting revenge on all those geared players that don't have skill, good luck bro

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Because I have spent an exorbitant amount of money supporting this game and in my over 200k of plat using history I never once looted an arcane shard until they changed the drop rate with expansion. I bought an arc ring at 120m, nekro 30m, Imbued 20m, Maridos 30m.... And in the blink of an eye it's all basically worthless. Do you think I like that now someone can spend 7 days of farming and purchase an arcane ring, and that said item cost me over ten thousand usd?

We are not talking that people can grind hard and get best items, people can grind for a very short amount of time and get a nekro and ring.

It's a huge put off to me. How would you like it if your parents gave you a Mercedes and in 6 months they swapped it out for a Ford focus?

The shard thing is disgusting and I pray to God that they have some crafting up their sleeve that requires 10 shards to craft it. Then we will see who had the last laugh. I'm sorry but I'm sick of the f2p players getting all high and mighty. Fact is balance between both kinds of players is what keeps the game afloat. People to fund it and players to play it.

The plat players are not happy with current loot tables. You think we like rolling the dice for those class lix and fangs?
    I've bought my fare shair of plat but not to gamble, I use free offers for that. You think ftp players were happy having to grind continuously to achieve a item someone can just get lucky on? I just think there needs to be a balance between the two. If you spent $10k to loot one item and now its alot cheaper yea I get the anger but guess what? Use your plat on something else now. No one made you spend that much or however much you have spent. Honestly if I had that much money to blow I'd be living my life alot better...as for my parents buying a car I'd be surprised if they bought me anything but I'm 24 years old and would be happy if Ieven had a car that ran
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 07-23-2015 at 05:42 PM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

It's true that the current create loot table leave much to be desired but it is still better than it was when shard was 80m+. Players like you who payed 120m for a ring has it for a whole year longer than players who are just getting theirs.

I admit that 1 week of farming being able to earn a ring is a bit too easy, but 2-4 weeks should be more than enough. IMO a 10m price tag would be ideal.

Like you said, plat users and free players are both vital to the sustainance of the game. F2P players hated the previous system where it was pretty much impossible to get a maxed out toon. We dealt with it for a year. Plats are finally what they were meant to be; a shortcut and not the main road. I think the prices are as close to ideal as they have been for the past year.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

The problem with allowing everyone to have the same gear is the lack of a top-tier standard. IMO, with the current supply of blood rubies and mythic amulets, this is too extreme.

STG needs to find a way to reduce the supply of mythics/arcanes. Not by adjusting loot rates, but by taking them out of the game. Gear is easy enough to control but pet eggs is a different matter. That supply will always grow steadily. STG has introduced countless ways of bringing in mythics/arcanes to F2P but what happens when that supply becomes too much for the declining demand?

"Give everyone arcanes and when everyone is arcane, no one will be..."
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

In my opinion we have two extremes: one is state of affairs what we had earlier, and second is what we have now. Need something in the middle.
    (I dont buy plat)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I think it's great that you had the money to support a game you loved. However, if it costs that kind of real money to get the best gear in the game, something is terribly wrong. STG may have gone too far in the other direction, but it was seriously broken before.

On a side note, I really think they should give you your own statue in Garetta. Heck, your own town.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 07-23-2015 at 06:05 PM.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I think it's great that you had the money to support a game you loved. However, if it costs that kind of real money to get the best gear in the game, something is terribly wrong. STG may have gone too far in the other direction, but it was seriously broken before.

On a side note, I really think they should give you your own statue in Garetta. Heck, your own town.
    I don't regret it but what bothers me to no end is how some of the f2p are getting so snarky to me here and in game. I'm getting threats and attacks left and right and it's hurting my spirit to play. It's like a kick in the teeth from sts and the community.

I've just been chill and fun and tried to spread around the wealth to my friends and guild, never merched or ripped people off. Now? I mean read the forums it's basically a gang against the plat players and yeah. It hurts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Really every thread is full of screw the adults who funded this community let's beat them up in pvp they sucked anyways. Ehhhh I gotta say I'm just about to my threshold of tolerance on forums and in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Really every thread is full of screw the adults who funded this community let's beat them up in pvp they sucked anyways. Ehhhh I gotta say I'm just about to my threshold of tolerance on forums and in game.
    This is not true imo. I admit some of the comments imply that, but most don't. As someone already said having to spend 10k real currency to get 1 item, even if it is the best one, in a mobile game is very very wrong. In fact for such a game having to spend more than 100 USD/Euro to get one of those is already too much. Anyhow just my opinion

P.S. In regards to the "threats and attacks" u mentioned in other comment. This is really regrettable. The forum is here to exchange opinions and discuss, not to make people feel bad

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

:v Name:  1.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  293.4 KB

Plat users stilll have this choice, this is the most secure choice to get gold, the lockeds r only and option to get good items with the plat and a little luck.

Last edited by Bidiel; 07-23-2015 at 06:43 PM.