Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The economy! Plat Player VS F2P!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default The economy! Plat Player VS F2P!

so ive seen alot of threads about Plat Buyers flipping out about the exchange of plat to gold.... many of them are crying about the price of arcane items... first, let me state this, LOCKS ARE A GAMBLE! you could loot 6 fossils in 6 5 plat crates.. its all based on luck!

now, with the current economy, there has never been such a close gap between the rich vs the poor.

a message to all the plat buyers out there. who do you think will need ankhs on the new elite maps?? F2P... who do you think buys luck, damage, and exp elixirs?? F2P... who do you think buys what you get from locks?? F2P!

F2P is the demand, plat buyers are the supply. it is that simple. it is all about knowing when to spend your plat to make the most money. if you make a legit post about plat to gold on forums, maybe referencing ankhs or elixirs. cool.

but for the love of Arlor stop with the posts about locks!!!!!!!!!!! it is pathetic! its your own fault if you lose money popping locks! go! stock up on ankh kits! sell them when they hit 200-250k during new elites! do what I did! I sold 1,500 plat worth of luck elixirs during the hype of new locks. I made 6.5m! and the people who were popping the locks at that time? they were making insane amounts of cash due to the loot rate! so many locks were popped, creating a giant flood of arcanes..... and alot of locks and luck elixirs were used and taken out of the game. everyone got what they wanted. now is a cooldown period. get your jewels socketed, adjust your gear, maybe take a break?!?!?

BUT QUITE CRYING ABOUT POPPING LOCKS ON THE FORUMS!

Plat Buyers and F2P coexist! without f2p, no on e buys the plat items... without plat buyers, f2p players dont get elixirs or ankhs or arcanes. do the math. we are equal.

(Disclaimer: if you dont like this post because it offends you.... I simply do not care.) feel free to leave your opinions on the matter below. this was a rant/opinion type post.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kiwotsukete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Too many words...alls I see is blah blah blah....:P

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hallweeen View Post
    Too many words...alls I see is blah blah blah....:P
    nab correy :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think you meant QUIT not QUITE

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

shh your making me look bad infront of all my adoring fans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

The issue is if locks fail so to does a good farming method. People are crazy to open locks right now with the current price of arcanes. Farming locks is really the only way for newer people to make money. You need at least descent pinks to run for vials and elite wilds. Early maps drop garbage jewels so no money there. If locks flop(like they should have already) then it puts new players at a real disadvantage. STS would need to add a way for non capped players to earn some gold.

I too converted some plat to gold via luck kits during the initial portion of the expansion. It was a great way to make gold. What you fail to see that is if all plat buyers are only selling kits these prices will never been seen again. There will be a significant drop off. You will never see an ankh kit go for 250k like you say in your post. It will never happen. A good conversion ratio for kits is 3k-4k gold per plat spent. I could see 100k ankh kits once elites are released. If it goes to this point the platters will start converting to gold via this method. Especially after so many have had bad experiences with the new locks.

The more options there are to farm and convert plat to gold the better. Locks being such a flop currently removes one method from each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

As a forum member, can I also appeal for no more posts that may cause even greater friction between f2p and p2p players? We have seen enough of it in other threads. If everyone in the f2p and p2p communities truly believe they coexist equally I don't see the need for these kinds of posts. Honestly between the plat players discontent and free players reactions that border on hostility, forum has become such an unpleasant place to visit.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I agree with Hanna. Forums is a place to come together & help eachother. Not hinder & fight. Have respect for eachother. I also agree with Kiwo. Without P2p we wouldn't have any arcanes or mythics. They arnt drops, only locks are the way. Without F2p the P2p wouldn't have buyers. It's Supply & Demand. Kiwo is right. We coexist so learn to accept that & stop the hateful posts. Respect one another ^-^ We coexist<3
    <3Rosefaded Knight of Trinity Knight's Guild<3
    Passion is your heart speaking to you<3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

No worries, here's one less person buying plat, popping locks, buying elixirs and any other plat purchase items for anyone to buy. I hope everyone is enjoying the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Preach! Getting annoying about people popping locks made public when they didnt loot anything and how they "lost money" bla, im pretty sure when you buy those plats and and open locks you imagined a scenario where the turnout would be break-even or negative.

Plat buyers could be running the service or could be not. Oh the quit-threat should stop too, all play all pay for the fun of it.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    Ya! Quite crying on da forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thumbs up

so ive seen alot of threads about Plat Buyers flipping out about the exchange of plat to gold.... many of them are crying about the price of arcane items... first, let me state this, LOCKS ARE A GAMBLE! you could loot 6 fossils in 6 5 plat crates.. its all based on luck!

now, with the current economy, there has never been such a close gap between the rich vs the poor.

a message to all the plat buyers out there. who do you think will need ankhs on the new elite maps?? F2P... who do you think buys luck, damage, and exp elixirs?? F2P... who do you think buys what you get from locks?? F2P!

F2P is the demand, plat buyers are the supply. it is that simple. it is all about knowing when to spend your plat to make the most money. if you make a legit post about plat to gold on forums, maybe referencing ankhs or elixirs. cool.

but for the love of Arlor stop with the posts about locks!!!!!!!!!!! it is pathetic! its your own fault if you lose money popping locks! go! stock up on ankh kits! sell them when they hit 200-250k during new elites! do what I did! I sold 1,500 plat worth of luck elixirs during the hype of new locks. I made 6.5m! and the people who were popping the locks at that time? they were making insane amounts of cash due to the loot rate! so many locks were popped, creating a giant flood of arcanes..... and alot of locks and luck elixirs were used and taken out of the game. everyone got what they wanted. now is a cooldown period. get your jewels socketed, adjust your gear, maybe take a break?!?!?

Plat Buyers and F2P coexist! without f2p, no on e buys the plat items... without plat buyers, f2p players dont get elixirs or ankhs or arcanes. do the math. we are equal.

(Disclaimer: if you dont like this post because it offends you.... I simply do not care.) feel free to leave your opinions on the matter below. this was a rant/opinion type post.
    +1

You are my hero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I would say so too but methinks the, OP is discontent too. It's not just the f2p players who are hostile but the p2p players too. It requires two hands to clap(banging your hand against another surface, besides another hand, is not a clap). From what I can gauge is the OP is discontent and frustrated at what the forums has degraded down to, people complaining about the economy and then other people complaining about it and then some people getting touchy about things.

How can one expect people not to be aggrieved and agitated when they realise the game that they so love and adore is taking a path which suits them and their friends, is getting shot down by nothing but complaints for 2 pages on General Discussion(I find this unpleasant too). It is only rightful we try to support the Developers decision and our right to play the game on equal terms.

OP does come across as a people basher, which he sometimes is(speaking as an ex guildie to this noob) but I feel how frustrated he is. Still not reason enough to use caps and bash people, he could have been milder with the tone of the Op but hey so could some p2p players in other threads. Acerbic replies are all I have been getting when I try
    to state my opinion...

Forums is the same as always, I've been stalking forums for the past year(almost) the occasional post now and then but I really got to posting sometime around the Goblin Event. There are sooo many types of personalities on the forum(like in the game) that there is bound to be some friction. Some people just like to go outright and state their views in an "e-rager"/"keyboard warrior" kind of way.

Did he pay you to say that? I'll pay double of whatever he is paying to not say that...
    Pay me muhahahah...

OP made some valid arguments maybe not in the best tone but valid.

And you avikk should take a Lil break from forums or please >>>reflect<<< more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    That is upto the moderators to decide if I should be taking a "little break" or be ">>>reflecting<<<" more.

Or did someone just promote you to forum moderator?

EDIT: havent been on forums for 12+ hours, you guys had your fun now. Also OP told me specifically to have a look at his post.

So in order to >>>reflect<<< you need a moderator to tell you this?
    Muhahahah... Made my day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    As a forum member, can I also appeal for no more posts that may cause even greater friction between f2p and p2p players? We have seen enough of it in other threads. If everyone in the f2p and p2p communities truly believe they coexist equally I don't see the need for these kinds of posts. Honestly between the plat players discontent and free players reactions that border on hostility, forum has become such an unpleasant place to visit.
    THIS!!!

It annoys me totally to see countless threads by f2p players who haven't spent a dime on this game, totally annoying plat players with provocative posts like this. The game cannot survive with just f2p elements. Why would I want to buy plat if I can get everything free!

I am sure these f2p players will scream blue murder when they see plat players walking around with new mythic gears and weapons (cos they popped locks and contributed to the game financially) and then scold STS on a f2p thread for not making it free for them!

Come next plat sale I'm sure many of us plat buyers will be thinking 'do we really need to buy much plat ?' There are only few things on our list new mythic weapons and new mythic armour.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 07-24-2015 at 05:04 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    THIS!!!

It annoys me totally to see countless threads by f2p players who haven't spent a dime on this game, totally annoying plat players with provocative posts like this. The game cannot survive with just f2p elements. Why would I want to buy plat if I can get everything free!

I am sure these f2p players will scream blue murder when they see plat players walking around with new mythic gears and weapons (cos they popped locks and contributed to the game financially) and then scold STS on a f2p thread for not making it free for them!

Come next plat sale I'm sure many of us plat buyers will be thinking 'do we really need to buy much plat ?' There are only few things on our list new mythic weapons and new mythic armour.
    you completely fail to see the point.... f2p and plat buyers go hand and hand! yes, f2p will be mad and cry and rant, which many plat buyers are doing now... do you even see the double standard?? if not, then just leave the forums because if you cant see that plat buyers are doing exactly what f2p did before the crazy arcane loots! I for one, am supporting a fix in the economy but nothing like before. according to zeus (yes I talked to the nab personally) its the merchers ruining the economy so people that are f2p struggle to get even basic mythics (reference the past few months before expansion). niether should plat buyers be able to become extremely wealthy to the point no f2p standsa chance to be on par with them. play buyers use money they make doing tasks "IRL" while f2p use their time to do what they can ingame to make money. we need to find a middle ground since both sides put in roughly the same amount of work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

you completely fail to see the point.... f2p and plat buyers go hand and hand! yes, f2p will be mad and cry and rant, which many plat buyers are doing now... do you even see the double standard?? if not, then just leave the forums because if you cant see that plat buyers are doing exactly what f2p did before the crazy arcane loots! I for one, am supporting a fix in the economy but nothing like before. according to zeus (yes I talked to the nab personally) its the merchers ruining the economy so people that are f2p struggle to get even basic mythics (reference the past few months before expansion). niether should plat buyers be able to become extremely wealthy to the point no f2p standsa chance to be on par with them. play buyers use money they make doing tasks "IRL" while f2p use their time to do what they can ingame to make money. we need to find a middle ground since both sides put in roughly the same amount of work.
    You fail to see the point tbh., there's no double standards here you're comparing apples to oranges. Plat players use real money! When you spend real money and do not get your monies worth you're going to complain and probably not spend it or spend as much, regardless of game, or anything irl. For this game it can have dire repercussions.

Why can't a plat player get more wealthier than a f2p ? Its inevitable, we pop locks and loot and sell what is inside, our plat gives us that advantage. Ppl like you and thread like yours are hating on plat purchasers. You want equal parity between someone who puts their wages into a game as the same as someone who doesn't or won't ?

You sound very bitter towards plat players having an advantage. This game isn't a free game, if you can't understand that then leave the game and go play a totally free one. In-app purchases have a purpose (income for STS) and if they can be obtainable for free, well doesn't seem like a sound financial business decision to me.

What STS have done so far is pull the gap very close and yet you still make a thread about f2p issues, shards, nekros etc all so accessible to nonplatters and yet still anguish and upset against plat purchasers.

The fact of the matter is that you want everything a plat buyer has for free! And that's the bottom line! You don't want to spend diddly squat in the game but want everything. Yeah ppl like you will help this game to survive....NOT!

These kind of threads and views are really not helping and actually causing animosity between the two factions.

Yes I agree both ppl are good for the game but making butthurt threads against plat purchasers isn't helping your cause instead your views annoy us.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 07-24-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I feel like jumping from the 3rd floor + walk up the stairs back and think again if I should click on any economic mambo jambo threads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

What I have been reading is not f2p vs plat player. All I have been seeing is "plat whales are pissed off and everyone else is happy". That "everyone else" INCLUDES the majority, who are casual spenders.

Our money is as good as anyone else's, and there are a lot more of us. And a lot of "casual spenders" have passed the 100K plat mark (spread over 2+ years). That's not insignificant when you add them all together. I think it's great that STS has finally recognized us as a valid user group, and they have my approval on the recent changes (not that one person's opinion matters, but there it is).
    Last edited by Serancha; 07-24-2015 at 08:41 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Anti-drama lock. Thank you for your feedback!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com