Thread: MMORPG or no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb MMORPG or no?

Let me begin with this. If there is already a thread on this I apologize! Please don't hate

Looking for you honest opinion on whether Pocket Legends is or is not an MMORPG. If
    possible back it up a little bit to prove your point! I'll start. In my opinion, I do believe
    PL is an MMORPG. It's definitely not one of the best out there, but it does fall under one of the only definitions I was able to find on this type of gaming.( searched for a good 30 minutes)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMORPG

Definition: A Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, sometimes also referred to as a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. In these types of games large numbers of players battle together, or against one another, in a huge online environment. The RPG element of MMORPG indicates that games of this type also include Role Playing Elements, suggesting that the characters you play as will 'level up,' or increase their abilities as their experience and time put into the game increases.

If you happen to come across a definition that goes more into depth please post!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

It's defined by the devs as an MMORPG. So I'd say, yes. As for more specific examples or a better description, I'd use Google.

Here's an extract from the dev page in the AppStore:

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudo92 View Post
    Let me begin with this. If there is already a thread on this I apologize! Please don't hate
    It's definitely not one of the best out there, but it does fall under one of the only definitions I was able to find on this type of gaming.
    What does this mean? Best by what definition? If possible back it up a little bit to prove your point! I'll start. In my opinion, I do believe
    PL is the best MMORPG.

FWIW this post is tongueincheek and not intended to be ugly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vol View Post
    What does this mean? Best by what definition? If possible back it up a little bit to prove your point! I'll start. In my opinion, I do believe
    PL is the best MMORPG.

FWIW this post is tongueincheek and not intended to be ugly
    Sorry if it wasn't clear. Had a very long night. No sleep!
    What this thread is about is whether or not the pl community thinks this game is an MMORPG or not. Best by the definition posted beneath the dotted lines. (it was the only legitimate definition I found). The reason for my asking is because I've heard a few different answers in different locations ( in game, Facebook, other random forum websites). When I said " it's definitely not one of the best out there" I was stating my opinion that I have played better, more in-depth mmorpg's. By me saying it's not the best that does not at all mean I dislike this game in any way! I wouldn't be on the forums if that was the case. I Appreciate the fact that you questioned me, and I did not take it in any type of mean manner. Hopefully it will make more sense to others now as well. Thank you!
    Last edited by Mrudo92; 04-30-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    It's defined by the devs as an MMORPG. So I'd say, yes. As for more specific examples or a better description, I'd use Google.

Here's an extract from the dev page in the AppStore:

I didn't even think about checking what the dev team had to say about it. Nice find brotha!
    You've been helping me out a bunch on the forums man! Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudo92 View Post
    I didn't even think about checking what the dev team had to say about it. Nice find brotha!
    You've been helping me out a bunch on the forums man! Thank you
    Glad I could be of your assistance

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pl is more of a diablo clone. Id say hack n slay game :P mmo is more like wow. :P