Thread: Equal Opportunity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Equal Opportunity

Hey everyone! I don't know if this has been said, but I think a separate MODE for PvP where no matter the gear; when people joined Each class would have similar stats for their class. Whether the pet is of their choosing or not I haven't really decided but I think this is a nice way for people to truly test their skill when the teams are completely even . Again this would be separate from the normal PvP map modes so if you prefer that you can do as u wish.

I also think a sparring room inside the guildhall where kills and deaths don't count toward your record but just to have fun matches against friends without any reason for people to rage and for everyone to test their brawn. Im sure this would also bring about interesting guild competitions . And provide that safe place to vs your friends people are always asking for.
    IGN:CheifR

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CheifR; 07-30-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CheifR For This Useful Post:

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

i was thinking in a similar idea, example, 1 vs 1 enter to pvp, both players with arcane ring with their respectively gems class, same with the armor, both with example "planar armor helm" full gems of their class, and pet may vary, but the same category "arcane, legendary etc." and the other thing, that could be great and a real competition of the players and the winner will be the best strategy and inteligent in the use of their resources. And the sparring room sound really cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Elder scrolls online has this, two separate PvP campaigns (zones) one where everyone has equal stats and one where its your own unique stats, and it works perfectly.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Ya this is actually a good idea. Pvp these days are tough cause theres too many people with arcane ring and nekro. Im not saying thats wrong or anyhing but it would be fun to have matches with people who have same gear as you. Or practice matches that dont count. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

If there was such a PvP map, why would anyone who wants to PvP bother getting good gear? Just join that map and be placed on an equal level as those who have farmed or spent money for their gear. No one would bother trying to get good gear and hence would not spend plat, which is far from ideal from a business point of view. Gear is not hard to get if you farm a little nowadays. Farm first, then PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

cus..the same level area doesnt count to kd, banners and everything. something like ranked zone and casual zone, then practise room
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    If there was such a PvP map, why would anyone who wants to PvP bother getting good gear? Just join that map and be placed on an equal level as those who have farmed or spent money for their gear. No one would bother trying to get good gear and hence would not spend plat, which is far from ideal from a business point of view. Gear is not hard to get if you farm a little nowadays. Farm first, then PvP.
    Lmao I think you may be overthinking. When people start to play al im sure their sole purpose in the game wasn't to overpower weaker players in PvP maps

Btw the screen shot I put was to show that this idea didn't come to mind because of me necessarily being "undergeared"

Using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    Lmao I think you may be overthinking. When people start to play al im sure their sole purpose in the game wasn't to overpower weaker players in PvP maps

Btw the screen shot I put was to show that this idea didn't come to mind because of me necessarily being "undergeared"

Exactly. Their sole purpose in AL is to get better and better stats, which comes by farming and earning gold and gear or buying plat and using it to gear up. If your idea were to be implemented, we would see players simply lvling up to 41 with plat, capping to 46 real quick and just heading straight to PvP. There are a few who like to solely PvE, but this is what many would do. People, including me, have worked hard for their gear, either in real life or the game, and should not have that advantage taken away so quickly. 3 months ago, when it was impossible for the average player to get maxed out, I would have supported this idea, but right now it is a very simple matter to farm crates till you have the gear to farm arena and then farm vials or teeth and earn the gold to get maxed out in a short month or two.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If you get equal stat in pvp then no one want to farm pve any more cause most of people used to play this game cause of farming gold and get better gear..
    This is the only thing m playing this game from 3 years cause i wana be better... then others in pvp if there is a map where i should get equilent gears to other player why will i farm maps and try to get new good gears just for showing of in villages naaahhhhh...
    So this is the worthest idea i have ever listen cause it will destroy the game no one will play this game anymore...
    And about pvp in guild idea hats off to that i have that idea also in mind...
    But equilent gear idea is worst idea...
    And before you say anything m a non plat user tooo.
    I never opend lockeds or buy plats..
    But i have arcane ring and pendent and nekro..
    And i farmed all of them after launch of this new rengol expension so stop being selfish and go and farm and farm and farm..
    For a momth and you will also get em...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Hmm, if we are talking about team match, i think its almost pretty equal now without additional implementation.
    If we are talking about 1vs1 with ONLY equal gear, I see two problems:
    1) Harder to learn something important for real matches;
    2) If there is no class balance, there is no class balance. 1v1 not so much interesting as you can think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kewl

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Firstly, I'd like to say, the equal stats and gear may not have been a good idea, but I do like when people actually make an effort to try to improve the game instead of complaining. So please do not be discouraged by rejection of an idea; just move on to the next one.

Secondly, the guild PVP area has been suggested for years, (I am not exaggerating), and I do not think STS wants to put it in. Why, I do not really know, because it is a super good idea, and, really, what could it hurt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Exactly. Their sole purpose in AL is to get better and better stats, which comes by farming and earning gold and gear or buying plat and using it to gear up. If your idea were to be implemented, we would see players simply lvling up to 41 with plat, capping to 46 real quick and just heading straight to PvP. There are a few who like to solely PvE, but this is what many would do. People, including me, have worked hard for their gear, either in real life or the game, and should not have that advantage taken away so quickly. 3 months ago, when it was impossible for the average player to get maxed out, I would have supported this idea, but right now it is a very simple matter to farm crates till you have the gear to farm arena and then farm vials or teeth and earn the gold to get maxed out in a short month or two.
    So you're problem here is that you worked hard so that you can someday obliterate weaker players and it isn't fair that they get a good chance to enjoy PvP without grinding for a year or 2?

All I wanted is for the newer players to be able to have the same experience and not get discouraged from being spawn killed and farmed like they're just a fly being swatted:/

Last edited by CheifR; 07-31-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CheifR For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

So you're problem here is that you worked hard so that you can someday obliterate weaker players and it isn't fair that they get a good chance to enjoy PvP without grinding for a year or 2?

All I wanted is for the newer players to be able to have the same experience and not get discouraged from being spawn killed and farmed like they're just a fly being swatted:/

Grinding for a year or 2? LOL if you actually read my post, I clearly stated that I would have agreed with you had this been the case. But its not. All it takes is a month or two of hard grinding to get maxed out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Grinding for a year or 2? LOL if you actually read my post, I clearly stated that I would have agreed with you had this been the case. But its not. All it takes is a month or two of hard grinding to get maxed out.
    Erm who do you know that's managed to start the game and max out within a month? Do you mean from already being a position where they're near maxed out? I don't see how that can be accurate._.

Using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Erm who do you know that's managed to start the game and max out within a month? Do you mean from already being a position where they're near maxed out? I don't see how that can be accurate._.

If you cannot see how that is possible there really is not much point arguing it. And again, if you actually read my post you would have noticed that I said a month or two.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

One problem is that it would be very hard to balance gear between classes. Rogue vs rogue or warrior vs warrior would be completely balanced but rogue vs warrior for example would be hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

If you cannot see how that is possible there really is not much point arguing it. And again, if you actually read my post you would have noticed that I said a month or two.
    It's great that you somehow manage to get maxed gear within 2months although that isn't a normal thing people end up doing. You don't have to agree I just wanted to say what my reason for pitching the idea was.

Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    One problem is that it would be very hard to balance gear between classes. Rogue vs rogue or warrior vs warrior would be completely balanced but rogue vs warrior for example would be hard
    That could be true although I still wish that sts gave us the options for different specific PvP modes rather than join with what u have and kill

Using Tapatalk